What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starting AFs outdoors from seed?

Hi guys. I'm getting ready to do a guerilla OD grow using autos. I'll def be running diesel Ryder and Ripley's OG with Sour60 to get males for seeds I've read suggestions that you should germ/root indoors then move them outside after rooting and acclimating to sun.

Unfortunately this isn't possible for me to do with all my plants. I simply don't have room to root dozens of seedlings then move them OD. Unable to grow indoors at all. Has anyone had success starting autos from seed OD? I know it's not ideal but is it possible to have good success or are autos too weak/picky/sensitive to start outdoors?

Thanks. I'll have a thread once I get going.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We do it all the time and have done so since 2007. Wait until soil temps are around 55 for best results if you are not growing in containers. We do outdoors from April- Oct.

Thanks arid. I know it's not ideal and I'll probably lose a few to bugs/animals but carrying 40+ Dixie cups 100s of yards on foot just isn't feasible.