What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bag seed in with good strain

STOKED

Hi all I’m a new hobby gardener and new to the forums.

Can I ask for some advice please.

I have a 4x4 with 3 mars reflector 96
(600 true watts)

I only had 1 bag seed to start, it’s a very healthy looking plant. It’s in 16litre rhizo pot/coco, gh nutes

Since then I was able to get a hold of some breeder seeds, good known strains.

I have them all in the same room, I do have a small tent I can use next to the 4x4 and a mars epistar 80 (180 true watts)

Should I rip the bag seed?
Place it to flower in the smaller tent?
Possibly out door?

I have no stash at all so I am reluctant to rip it incase in could finish okay to get me through till the good strains.

I mostly am scared about it being a male and pollinating my good strains.

And a little worried about running another tent as I’m not sure the power company may alert someone with high wattage? So am trying to keep power down.

I’m rather inexperienced

Thanks for any help.

b8man

Veteran
How old is the bagseed plant?

If you're dankrupt then getting any plant finished should be the priority. If the bagseed is old enough then put it in to flower in whatever tent you can. In 70 or so days you'll have enough weed and that vital bit of experience that you can put some time and care in to the next grow.

Even if you have reputable seeds you still usually need to grow out a few plants to find a good specimen and this takes quite a bit of time and planning. But budget on having them vegged for 5 weeks so that when your current crop is cut you can put the next lot straight in to flower. Then keep an eye out for an amazing plant that you want to keep and maybe take a cutting for the next grow.

You don't have to worry about the males pollinating the females. You'll spot they're male and be able to pull them wayy before pollen is released.

And I'm pretty sure the power companies wouldn't care for such moderate electricity usage.

Good luck!

STOKED

How old is the bagseed plant?

If you're dankrupt then getting any plant finished should be the priority. If the bagseed is old enough then put it in to flower in whatever tent you can. In 70 or so days you'll have enough weed and that vital bit of experience that you can put some time and care in to the next grow.

Even if you have reputable seeds you still usually need to grow out a few plants to find a good specimen and this takes quite a bit of time and planning. But budget on having them vegged for 5 weeks so that when your current crop is cut you can put the next lot straight in to flower. Then keep an eye out for an amazing plant that you want to keep and maybe take a cutting for the next grow.

You don't have to worry about the males pollinating the females. You'll spot they're male and be able to pull them wayy before pollen is released.

And I'm pretty sure the power companies wouldn't care for such moderate electricity usage.

Good luck!

Thanks so much.
Perfect advice I think, exactly what I was thinking.

Bagseed is at 5 weeks
Auto Kush x 2 4 weeks
C99xblueberry fast 4 weeks

I’ll pop the bagseed in the other tent and flip to 12/12

Currently 20/4

Thanks again

If you're talking about a combined wattage of around 1k then like b8 said don't sweat it if you pay your bill on time they could care less. They are only looking for the big dogs usually and 1k is nowhere near that. My first grow over a decade ago was some dank bag seed wish I knew what it was and saved it's genetics. Good luck

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
solid post, b8man, lets help this man get some experience with his first grow!
/btw, the term dankrupt is pure gold
so before we talk flower,do you know which plants are female and which are the males?
look in the crook between the leaf and the stem, what do you see?
if its a mini seed pod/pistal you have a lady, a knobby thing at the end of a stem means a male plant
/maybe you can post up a pic or two
once you figure out the plants that are female, you can move those into the flower zone (12/12)
/you might even want to take cuts from them before this
best of luck!

Spaventa

Veteran
My first reaction is the well reasoned logic that a grow is an investment - you invested in lights, tent etc etc etc and theres running costs like electricity. If its legal in your area, your also risking a fine or the financial impact of losing your liberty. SO, convention says, don't waste it on unknown, unreliable genetics. Even if you bought the most expensive seeds, its still only a small fraction of the total cost of an indoor grow.
Also, the genetics you get for your money could be with you forever, long after the equipment was replaced 3 times over. Me and my friends kept a clone going for 30 years cos she was so lovely.

BUT my final thought.. - A lot the legendary clone only elites are either bag seed or a cross of bagseed...so:biggrin:

My first reaction is the well reasoned logic that a grow is an investment - you invested in lights, tent etc etc etc and theres running costs like electricity. If its legal in your area, your also risking a fine or the financial impact of losing your liberty. SO, convention says, don't waste it on unknown, unreliable genetics. Even if you bought the most expensive seeds, its still only a small fraction of the total cost of an indoor grow.
Also, the genetics you get for your money could be with you forever, long after the equipment was replaced 3 times over. Me and my friends kept a clone going for 30 years cos she was so lovely.

BUT my final thought.. - A lot the legendary clone only elites are either bag seed or a cross of bagseed...so:biggrin:

He's got some good strains from the sound of it I think he just wants to finish out the bag seed plant cause he's dankrupt. If its already grown out as it sounds and is a girl no harm in finishing it. I've been dankrupt for 2 months myself cause of a broad mite attack :(

STOKED

Wow thanks so much guys,I feel really welcomed with all your contributions.

And I learned DANKRUPT best new term I’ve heard this year!

I did end up keeping the bagseed, I am still DANKRUPT, it looks great so would be a shame. I’ve switched it and it is looking like a lady to me, I may post some pics to get help identifying though.

I do want to know is it okay to change the time by an hour? I have it 9am-pm but want to change it to 8am-8pm

I’ve taken some clones in case it turns out nice.

My auto are about a month away, nearly ready

Wow thanks so much guys,I feel really welcomed with all your contributions.

And I learned DANKRUPT best new term I’ve heard this year!

I did end up keeping the bagseed, I am still DANKRUPT, it looks great so would be a shame. I’ve switched it and it is looking like a lady to me, I may post some pics to get help identifying though.

I do want to know is it okay to change the time by an hour? I have it 9am-pm but want to change it to 8am-8pm

I’ve taken some clones in case it turns out nice.

My auto are about a month away, nearly ready

Yeah it's ok I don't use timers and have screwed up photoperiods multiple times in one flowering period. While it is best to keep everything steady she won't go nuts as easy as some people might think. If you need help identifying the sex we can definitely help with that when you post pics. I wish I was as close as you I've been dankrupt for 2 months and probably will be for another 4-5. Good luck and pray that you never get broad/cyclamen mites like I did lol.

STOKED

Yeah it's ok I don't use timers and have screwed up photoperiods multiple times in one flowering period. While it is best to keep everything steady she won't go nuts as easy as some people might think. If you need help identifying the sex we can definitely help with that when you post pics. I wish I was as close as you I've been dankrupt for 2 months and probably will be for another 4-5. Good luck and pray that you never get broad/cyclamen mites like I did lol.

Thanks Bird, nice quick reply!
If you were closer I’d love to help celebrate if this all goes well. Just been getting PGR stuff around here so I needed to try to help myself away from that crap.

It is looking good, I think well dialed in so far. Had early cal mag issues but okay now. Sorry to hear about your mite problem.

Just another quick question, would it be okay to put clones in the dark for 12hrs? Or better in with 600 true watt led?
I just need to pop them somewhere for a day and my tents are prob the only option.
One will be dark one will be strong light?
Clones are 3 days old in humidity dome.

Thanks again

Thanks Bird, nice quick reply!
If you were closer I’d love to help celebrate if this all goes well. Just been getting PGR stuff around here so I needed to try to help myself away from that crap.

It is looking good, I think well dialed in so far. Had early cal mag issues but okay now. Sorry to hear about your mite problem.

Just another quick question, would it be okay to put clones in the dark for 12hrs? Or better in with 600 true watt led?
I just need to pop them somewhere for a day and my tents are prob the only option.
One will be dark one will be strong light?
Clones are 3 days old in humidity dome.

Thanks again

Np and if you're wanting to veg em then yeah a day or two of 12/12 won't hurt they should go back to vegging as soon as you get em back in 18/6 or 24/0 which is what I use. I wish I lived by you or still had any contacts from back in the day lol I constantly dream of driving to colorado as is. I bought some land up there a few years ago but financial issues put my move on hold for some years to come. I dream so much of being back up there I'm afraid I'll end up sleep walking to my car and wakeup half way there:biggrin: I'll survive though haha good luck I'll check in if you have more questions I gtg peace

Spaventa

Veteran
I feel for you guys going through dankruptcy. Hope everything comes together quickly for you both. Im only just getting back in the swing after an interruption beyond my control last year.

I feel for you guys going through dankruptcy. Hope everything comes together quickly for you both. Im only just getting back in the swing after an interruption beyond my control last year.

Ty for the sentiment I'm going through a extremely long dankruptcy right now damn broad/cyclamen mites are like microscopic locusts. They destroyed my last run in February spread through my cabs like wildfire. Have had to leave the room empty for 2 months to starve them out so I probably won't have any bud until September or maybe even October.

I'm having to wait awhile to try to starve them out of the room I'd probably die of a broken heart and/or stroke if they strike again for the 2nd time in a row. Other than a actual swarm of locusts these lil shitgibbons are the worst possible pest you can get. Between the lost run, dormant period and startup of the new run they've forced me into over half a year of dankruptcy. I'd never wish these things upon my worst enemy I've even fantasized about shrinking down to their level and just kicking their lil faces in. Never have I been so frustrated in my life it's bending my mind at times.

Last edited:

STOKED

I took a couple of photos to see if someone can help me sex it not sure if this will work -

3C619579-4507-420D-8761-849DB9C6603F.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]