What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you having trouble controlling humidity? I think I've figured it out!

If anyone reading this is expirencing trouble controlling their Humidity let me share a secret with you. Almost everyone knows if your humidity is too high, get a dehumdifier. But what do you do if your humidity is too low? Evaporative cooler!

Evap cooler's AKA swamp cooler, work better than any humidifier I have ever used. What's great is evap coolers come in sizes from standing floor fan to massive industrial units. The one I'm using is the Honeywell CO60PM.

I have a second secret to controlling humidity and this is one I've just discovered. It's a product called the Inkbird IHC-200. I am in love with this thing! I've been struggling to hit perfect humidity control and this thing does it for $35!

It has 2 plugs, one for a humidifier and one for a dehumidifier. You set the exact humidity % you want. Set the RH% you want each device to kick on and walk away.

The only downside I can see is if you want a different RH% for day time and night time. This unit does not differentiate between day and night.

This is what my set up looks like, hope this helps!

Latest posts

Latest posts