What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super easy DTW table's

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Yes I added 2xs to make it sturdy. I just snapped a shot for u. Legs just slap in the corner and screw on. Easy and fast.
Harvesting as we speak.! I think I used 6 12foot sheets of roofing

Floranova for the win!

Ive used cheap coco and almost lost my clones.

seems the baggad botanicare is working best.

Is that chemdog in that other pic?

Jackstraw215

You can plug those clones that are in soil right in the coco. I did that with this last run I posted. Broke off a lot of the soil and planted them right in.
Strains bro. Having big fat harvests are all in the strains. And of course having your room and feeds dialed in.
This was my first time doing the " coco trees" method. Low EC and every 2 hours feed with slight run off once roots are established and they are drinking. I'll never go back to anything else now that I have tried it. It's amazing. I never went over 900ppm. Kept it simple. This was done with Floranova and I added OG biowar beneficial microbe tea's with every feed. Also foliar spray every week. No root afids ever. And I even beat russet mites at the beginning of this grow.. can say enough good shit about that product.
The more and more I become more simple with my grows, the more weight I'm getting. I've tried a lot of different nute lines. And I just keep going back to Floranova.. if it's not broke don't fix it. Simple strategies and you will prevail. If one over thinks and keeps adding what they think is the miracle juice then things start going down hill IMO.
Simple feeds. Low EC. Every 2 hours. Climate temps and humidity at light's out dialed in. And a GOOD STRAIN.!! Is the winning factor.

those multifeeds are the ticket from everything I'm seeing for sure!! I have a couple buddies that run a similar setup to yours but more lights with veg + bloom and crush it. I probably wont put a drip in this round unfortunately, I want to know for sure how I want my rooms laid out first, I have zero experience mixing chemical nutrients or using coco as it is lol I was using organic soil / nectar for the gods before. I'm actually gonna make the coco room a 5k now instead of a 3, hopefully it's not too much to figure out for a newb, my last grow was basically my first and it was a 5k and even in soil I had some learning to do, lots of lessons just with this grow. Cheers man. off topic as shit but I like hearing input, specially when its someone doing things similar to how you want to do it.

Hookah79

James you can brainstorm all you want man. This thread is to help. :)
I use a float switch on my R/O storage water. I use 2 50 gallon garbage cans and I have a bulkhead connected to both. So when the first one fills up it starts to drain into the other one. Then when the other is full I have the float a bit above the bulkhead so it shuts off the incoming water. All my water storage and rez tank is outside and pumps into the room. I have a chiller on my 50 gal rez set at 64. So far this room is drinking 30 gallons a day. So I'm a rez cleaning watering fool. ! It's kinda much cause I tried to put a 100 gallon rez in and it ended up creating a siphon cause my water line was above the plants. So I had to go back to my wimpy 50 gallon one. Everyday I'm on water nutrients patrol. Haha.! Oh well. Hoping for a good harvest on this one. Pineapple chunk is the strain.
Here is my water shed.

View Image
View Image

Can you post up some closer pics of your rez set up?I need to daisy chain 3 x55 gal reservoirs for a dtw setup ,and wondered how yours worked.

issack

Veteran
You talking about these.? Home depot bro. Irrigation section. Use a tapered countersink bit to drill in the pvc. These snap right in then connect your drip line to it.

picture.php

picture.php

ReeferDan

Big Thanks to Isaack on the table ideas! i knew i wanted to swtich to dtw top feed with corrugated plastic and gutters for my next grow. I had seen a 2x4 frame that sat on the floor years ago but that wasnt going to work for this space im utilizing. Seeing this post, and his room and build really gave me inspiration on how to adapt that to my new room.
Copied some of the touches i saw and really liked, adapted the sizing and layout to my specific space and setup, really appreciate the inspiration!!

Still going back and forth on whether or not to go with black hose, pvc, or quad/octobubblers for the dripper setup. Gonna start with rockwool hugos from experience, add floroflex caps for the even dripper/top feed setup, and i may play with some coco in a couple grows if i want to try something different.
Anyways here are a few pix to contribute the build and where im at with my table build, finally got my HLG 320's hung and fired up today.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
:woohoo:

Looks badass!

I think the octobubblers are out with a setup like that. 1 table/16 plants, I can see it distributing just fine. I think ultimately the rigid tubing for feeds and pvc for drainage would be your best bet. Harder to clog a 1" drain pipe, y'know?

Nvm just saw the gutters. I put my vote on the rigid tubing for feeds.

Looks good! I also made my own tables with the corrugated plastic, except mine are running length wise instead of to the side like yours.

I want to add some sort of gutter system to drain into a single res like you've done.

The problem is I also want to add wheels to my tables so I can slide them side to side.. Still trying to figure out a way to accomplish both.

I thought about running 4 of these in a 10 x 20 tent then run the gutter separate from the table along the front 20' span of the tent and as long as when you move the tables you don't move forward and backwards it will still align with the gutter. I got a few of these tables but they are not on wheels but a spot I'm designing may get the treatment I'm talking about. Some sort of track can be used to align the casters so they only move side to side and stay perfectly aligned with the gutters.

Another option is placing a down spout connected to some flex tubing that can handle moving a few friends each direction.

ReeferDan

:woohoo:

Looks badass!

I think the octobubblers are out with a setup like that. 1 table/16 plants, I can see it distributing just fine. I think ultimately the rigid tubing for feeds and pvc for drainage would be your best bet. Harder to clog a 1" drain pipe, y'know?

Nvm just saw the gutters. I put my vote on the rigid tubing for feeds.

Thanks man! I hate that I can’t rotate photos uploaded from my phone, sorry for the broken necks folks I’ll try to just take most/all pics with the correct orientation from here on out lol!

I tried to get creative with the scrubber to help move air in the room, most of the time it’s just pointed open at the wall or ceiling, I ducted it to help cool above and around the lights and along the wall.

I have a little time to decide on the dripper setup. After I get babies this week they will get hand watered for a couple weeks. I should either have a pico manifold built by then or an adaptation of that with bubblers. Or if I want to go super easy this time I’ll go with black hose but I’m trying to keep things clean/easy.

I thought about running 4 of these in a 10 x 20 tent then run the gutter separate from the table along the front 20' span of the tent and as long as when you move the tables you don't move forward and backwards it will still align with the gutter. I got a few of these tables but they are not on wheels but a spot I'm designing may get the treatment I'm talking about. Some sort of track can be used to align the casters so they only move side to side and stay perfectly aligned with the gutters.

Another option is placing a down spout connected to some flex tubing that can handle moving a few friends each direction.

These tables and drains are very versatile.
You could use an ebb/flow fitting at the end of the gutter and run a drain line straight from there to where you want, gravity will only get you so far though.

I chose to have both drain to a 5 gal bucket. I wired a float valve to it so I’ll have it automatically pump out as needed.
When I get my dehumidifier installed (probably up close to the ac somewhere) I’m planning on running the drain hose into the right side tables gutter so it can drain into the bucket also and get auto pumped out.
Hopefully the bucket works and doesn’t have any issues with the float hanging up... we’ll wait and see but if I gotta get a bigger container for the drain I will, or connect a couple buckets together with an equalizer line to gain more capacity. I gotta see how much I dial in my drippers and what kind of runoff I’m getting.

ReeferDan

ReeferDan you got a thread on your grow/room?

Nah, check my album for more pics tho!

I was thinking of making a thread for the first grow and just including the build in it.
Didn’t wanna clutter with two seperate threads, I could have made it during construction to help with advice and decisions, but I just kept my head down and worked through most of it!

FlaDankster

Veteran
Nah, check my album for more pics tho!

I was thinking of making a thread for the first grow and just including the build in it.
Didn’t wanna clutter with two seperate threads, I could have made it during construction to help with advice and decisions, but I just kept my head down and worked through most of it!

Nice.

What subforum should i keep my eye on if you do a thread?

And have you tried turning your phone sideways and taking your pics?

ReeferDan

Nice.

What subforum should i keep my eye on if you do a thread?

And have you tried turning your phone sideways and taking your pics?

Lol that’s gonna be the new standard for room pics for me :laughing:

I would say indoor hydro or possibly LED since I’m rockin these new HLG 320’s with the QB324.

Right on for the interest you can always PM me if you have any specific questions I’m always down to chat there to keep Isaack’s thread on topic

FlaDankster

Veteran
Lol that’s gonna be the new standard for room pics for me :laughing:

I would say indoor hydro or possibly LED since I’m rockin these new HLG 320’s with the QB324.

Right on for the interest you can always PM me if you have any specific questions I’m always down to chat there to keep Isaack’s thread on topic

Sweet.

Get them QB some love and toss it in LED section.

For FlaDankster... i learned to hold my phone sideways LOL!
Keep your heads on straight stoners!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Lol did you turn it sideways and take the pic?Works with some phones.

yeah i'll be copying some of your design for sure. I get some leaking from my gutters even after my sloppy great stuff job on the joint between the gutter and the table. I'm going to yank my plants and cover the table in panda. I didn't lay a subframe it's just support braces right under where each plant will be laid it keeps my table frames light and I'm able to step right into the frame to get to tight spaces once I lift the corrugated plastic. ill be able to roll the plastic back step into the frame and get to my drain

Zarezhu

Im getting ready to make some myself. 3' x 15' tables, two of them.

I purchased the metal corrugated sheets because it seemed much much stronger than the plastic corrugated sheets at Lowes.

I also bought some gutter. I was going to add the gutter on the low end, the 3' section, and I was going to do a 4 inch decline from the front to the back of the 15' table.

Is 4 inches decline too much for a 15 foot table? And is there any real benefit to running your gutters along the length of the table instead of the end? I would prefer to put them on the end of the table because I wouldnt have to be working over a gutter the entire time I'm working on the plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts