What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Bubba Hash - limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent OlDirtyHuman ;) Yummy CBD indica flower you have there.

Since Early Bubba Hash will be discontinued for a while, hope you can keep copies of yours for future use. It's great medicine with lovely earthy, hashy, berry terpenes and a very pleasant relaxed psychoactivity.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So here's my one Early Bubba Hash. It's a bit cramped at the back of the tent but the plant seems to be doing ok at the moment.

picture.php

I can't get very close at the moment since I have an early skunk type variety right in front of it!

Photo below is a group shot of the two..

picture.php

The plan is to pollinate one branch with a load of NL#5 pollen. A friend open pollinated some of Bodhis Northern Lights #5 F3 (apparently from old BCSC stock) and gave me mixed pollen from all the males used. Hopefully the flowers will take the pollen and I'll have some EBH x NL#5. Be interesting to see if CBD will be in the mix of the progany. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Kalbhairav :)

When did you plant her ? Maybe a bit late ? Early Bubba Hash is usually quite advanced at this time of the year but we are used to grow her probably in southern latitudes than yours.

Hopefully the NL#5 pollen does its job as you expect. ErdPurt and hybrids easily add CBD to their offspring, but not always: Black Domina x ErdPurt is an example of an ErdPurt hybrid with high THC content and no CBD.

Best wishes with the grows and seed projects!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
When did you plant her ? Maybe a bit late ? Early Bubba Hash is usually quite advanced at this time of the year but we are used to grow her probably in southern latitudes than yours.

Hey dubi,
The this plant was a cutting so I expected her to be earlier. The seed plant was sown at the start of April indoor. The cutting was taken maybe end of June. I was hoping that the cutting would be further along but, like you say, maybe it is just because I'm at higher latitude. Looks like it won't be finished until the end of October.

I hope for some good seed as well, we'll see :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Field full of clones from our selected Early Bubba Hash mother ripening nicely in late August :tiphat:

Attachments

• Early Bubba Hashes late August.jpg
    Early Bubba Hashes late August.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Early Bubba Hashes late August2.jpg
    Early Bubba Hashes late August2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 30

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Things are looking good.. I think she'll have be done by beginning/middle of October. :)

picture.php

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I disturbed a few resin glands today and was surprised at how sweet the aromas are on my one early flowering EBH. There was a lot of pineapple that I usually associate with narrow leaf genes with an almost sherbet note as well. I was expecting much deeper terps from the broad leaf parents.. Maybe something along the lines of damp forest, moss and earthy hashy smells.

Do the smells develop deeper tones toward the end?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kalbhairav,

She looks fantastic :) Hope she has evolving as nicely during these weeks of September.
You are right, main Early Bubba Hash' terpene profile evokes 'damp forest, moss and earthy hashy smells' .... fruity smells are much less common with this rich CBD afghani hybrid.
Please, keep us updated with her progresses whenever you have the chance!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Early Bubba Hashes in early September

Early Bubba Hashes in early September

And here are our Early Bubba Hashes in early September starting to ripe her last stage of flowering, they were finally harvested this week.
Love the pinkish pistil (ErdPurt trait) that some EBH phenos show! :huggg:

Attachments

• Early Bubba Hash early Sept.jpg
    Early Bubba Hash early Sept.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Early Bubba Hash early Sept3.jpg
    Early Bubba Hash early Sept3.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 41
  • Early Bubba Hash early Sept2.jpg
    Early Bubba Hash early Sept2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Early Bubba Hash early Sept bud.jpg
    Early Bubba Hash early Sept bud.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 32

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So here's a small bud from my one plant Early Bubba Hash outdoor/greenhouse grow. :)

picture.php

I don't have any finished plant pics because I had to harvest pretty quickly. A plant in front of the EBH became a bit infested with mould and some of the flowers on the EBH began to turn as well. I would of liked to have harvested a week later then I did but I'm happy with the result.

The bud from this particular plant has one of the best aromas I've ever had from any outdoor cannabis. I mentioned before that the growing flowers smelt fruity. It was a kind of generic fruitiness that has completely transformed upon drying. I'll do my best to describe it - It has a very deep round smell that I'd equate with lavender, floral wine, coffee and earth. I've had the kind of mossy earithness of other indicas and this is a bit different, definitely sweeter. Difficult to describe but absolutely intoxicating and something I just want to keep near my nose.

The smoke is potent but not totally obliterating. It's very meditative and comfortable and definitely pleasant on all levels.

I really hope dubi that you continue to work with this hybrid and bring out a new version, line breed the genetics, or cross it to other varieties because I love it. Feel a bit sad that I might not be able to purchase any more Early Bubba Hash in the future.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kalbhairav

Very pleased to hear you are satisfied with the outcome of your Early Bubba Hash :) and that you found her terpene profile rich and complex: earthy, coffee and hashy with mountain spices.

The 3 indicas involved in this hybrid (Bubba Kush Katsu, HashPlant 90s and ErdPurt) have a relaxing yet lucid and not intoxicating hashplant indica psychoactivity. The high CBD content and ratios that ErdPurt contributes in this hybrid produces a really warm non anxious effect.

It's a pitty we cannot longer replicate exactly with the same genetics this 3 way indica polyhybrid as unfortunately we lost the specific Bubba Hash mother we used to pollinate her with the reversed ErdPurt A pollen to produce this Early Bubba Hash release. We can try to produce something really similar using another Bubba Hash mother but offspring must be tested again to ensure the results are similar to first release and this would take time. We still keep clones of Early Bubba Hash as my colleague uses it to produce medine for his family. I also keep a few hundreds of seeds in the preservation fridge for future breeding when the right moment comes.

Despite Early Bubba Hash has been discontinued, we have been exploring other rich CBD mostly indica hybrids using same Erdpurt A mother we used to produce Early Bubba Hash, but this time she was crossed with CBD #1 (a selected Cannatonic S1 with 25-28 % of CBD, 1 % of THC and 25:1 CBD:THC ratio). The outcome of ErdPurt A x CBD # 1 has been both problematic and a success .... successful because we managed to produce a CBD indica hybrid with even more desirable traits, effects and higher CBD content and ratios than Early Bubba Hash, but problematic because the CBD #1 parental plant is very infertile in feminized reversion, making almost impossible to produce commercial seed quantities of this new hybrid, despite the outcome is super desirable and that we have spent lot of time and resources in breeding and lab tests, but i'm positive that with other alternative genetic combinations of these parental plants along with the current hybrids lines we have between them we still can continue with the breeding of this new CBD rich line ... hopefully being enough fertile for a commercial seed production in a non distant future. It's quite normal that a breeding project that requires several breeding steps until achieve desired stabilization takes more time than initially expected, but i'm convinced that sooner or later we will succeed :)
Patience is one of the best virtues of a grower/breeder.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Since Early Bubba Hash limited edition is out of stock and will be discontied for the reasons mentioned previously in this thread, i'm going to unstick this thread to leave space for the newer releases.

Thanks to all the growers who have supported and enjoyed this rich CBD limited edition. :thank you:

paisajedehierba

commendaces on a great discontinued strain

commendaces on a great discontinued strain

Hi,
2018 I have grown Early Bubba Hash outdoors and harvested 110g dried bud without any mold. Now the buds have cured 7,5 month. The smell is earthy, hashy and a little bit fruity with citric hints. The smoke is a little harsh. I think this is because oft he great amount of resin. Nevertheless it´s yummy. The smoke exhaled looks very dense and the smell is that distinctive that some buddys asked me if we were smoking hash.
The effect of a few small hits is relaxing, just a little couch locking and like beeing wrapped in warm blanket. At same time you are clear headed and able to play good host to the guests (once got up). If you smoke more and more it´s nice to lay down. A magic carpet ride begins just after closing the eyes …and you are really flying high. Sleeping like a Baby afterwards. The effect is all in all much stronger than I expected from a CBD rich strain with 3-5% THC. Early Bubba Hash has very good pain numbing qualities (for example if you have aching muscles after sports or a stiff back after a long care ride).
At April 20 I germinated my last Early Bubba Hash seed. At May 10 I tranplanted the girl outdoors. Among the strains I have transplanted this spring Early Bubba Hash looks the best after a few nights with ground frost.

I love this discontinued ACE strain. Perhaps Bubba Kush x Erdpurt could be good surrogate.

Attachments

• EB nug cured 7,5 month.jpg
    EB nug cured 7,5 month.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 23
  • EB_germ 19-04-20_transpl 19-05-10.jpg
    EB_germ 19-04-20_transpl 19-05-10.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 29

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I love this variety also. This season I’ve got 4 EBH plants planned at a friends house. I’m going to take cuttings and also maybe pollinate some buds with some Canadian Freezeland pollen to keep the line early for next season.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba,

Happy to hear you are enjoying so much with the outcome of your Early Bubba Hash harvest from last outdoor season :)
I agree, her effect is much much stronger than one would expect for a strain testing with only around 4 % of THC,
it's a very relaxing yet clear headed effect that works great for pain relief, anxiety and insomnia.
It's a great CBD hashplant afghani strain for outdoor growing in dry and cold climates.

Thank you very much for your appreciation on this discontinued limited edition, Bubba Kush x ErdPurt would be indeed a nice rich CBD indica replacement for EBH.

We are also working on a new CBD indica line which is still on developing stage, but if we succeed with its breeding i have big hopes that this new CBD release will be even better than EBH.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks also to you Kalbhairav ;)

Glad to hear you still had 4 Early Bubba Hash seeds for this outdoor season.
Thanks for keeping the line alive, wish she is also a suitable line for your outdoor breeding projcts for your northern climate.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
We are also working on a new CBD indica line which is still on developing stage, but if we succeed with its breeding i have big hopes that this new CBD release will be even better than EBH.

This sounds fantastic. Really glad that there’s still some projects regarding BLD CBD vars dubi. All the best with this and I hope there might be some testers available or some ICmag peeps might be able to grab some early.

Thanks also to you Kalbhairav ;)

Glad to hear you still had 4 Early Bubba Hash seeds for this outdoor season.
Thanks for keeping the line alive, wish she is also a suitable line for your outdoor breeding projcts for your northern climate.

Last season I grew just one plant but popped two seeds. I gave cuttings to a friend who grew two very big plants. His father has arthritis and said that the EBH was effective in numbering some of his pain and making movement easier. So thanks goes to you dubi.

The pollen chuck we’re planning is using the Freezeland with a few cbd heavy vars. many people I know want cbd with a little thc and a plant they can grow outdoors here in the UK. Autos might be the best way to go but the few I’ve tried are still prone to mould. This is why we’re doing this pollen chuck :)

Maybe an auto cbd var is possible from Ace ;) Auto NL x Erdpurt maybe.. haha

Latest posts

Latest posts