What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good controller for humidifier and

S13Hitman

Took a sabbatical and moved and looking at some new setups.
Last setup had 1 fan to pull in through the carbon filter and cool the light. So just 1 fan on 24/7 and constantly fighting to keep the RH where it needed to be. Forgot the name of that setup but it didn't work well for my environment.

This time I want to have the light on its own fan to stay cool. Then have a controller take care of venting my tent and my humidifier. No C02.

I notice most controllers use a DEHUMIDIFIER and I always need the opposite. Maybe not with a different setup like this but is there a controller that will use both, humidifier and dehumidifier?

1 600w light is all i use for flower. Thank you guys, I've only done a few runs and not into the tech seen and what's good or not. I was looking at the autopilot master controller for price but it didn't say anything about a humidifier....

Drop That Sound

I got one of these https://www.amazon.com/WILLHI-Humid...ons&keywords=willhi+humidity+controller&psc=1 to control my clone dome with an ultrasonic mister, and also one of these https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Humidity-Control-Controller-WH8040/dp/B009VY1BZY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1484209777&sr=8-5&keywords=humidity+controller to control the humidifier for my veg chamber. I highly recommend both units, the second one I listed looks great flush mounted into a wall and can easily be wired with a spare 6ft extension cord on the backside, and also be mounted in a project box. . Both are pretty cheap compared to the name brand models and only control one device like you are looking for, and have tons of settings to play with unlike the oldschool looking expensive ones with a few analog dials.

Drop That Sound

You definitely want to control that humidifier so you don't clog your carbon filter incase the RH spikes to high levels. Here looks to be a halfway decent temp and RH controller for a tent setup https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Comb...4210562&sr=1-2&keywords=inkbird+humidity&th=1. The 79.99 combo temp controller has up to 6 different settings so you can drop the temp at night inside the tent without the fan stopping.. which alot of the digital controllers don't do, something new I just seen!

queequeg152

Veteran
for gods stake... stop buying garbage overpriced grow company equipment.

get something from johnson controls or honeywell, or kele... or greenheck etc.

they do REAL engineering, and actually quality control their shit.... they are not just buying shitty surface mount garbage sensors by the pallet and blasting out thousands of garbage PCB's.

1st off yes this thread is old. I'm adding to it in case anyone's looking for the information.

The 79.99 combo temp controller has up to 6 different settings so you can drop the temp at night inside the tent without the fan stopping..

If the temp doesn't go above the setpoint, the fan won't run. You'd need to be running a heater or dehuey at night for it to work the way you describe.

I have the same brand dual-stage heating/cooling controller and it works great, super fast response.