What's new

Silver Colloidal use

Hi. I have read about the use of colloidal silver to create feminized seeds and will be doing this on a fresh run.
My question is using it in with regular watering and feeding schedule. I wouldn't use it making teas because I read it is bacterial killer and uou are trying to culture bacteria when making tea.
Has anyone done this adding CS to regular water schedule?
What effect will it have on the plant? Im thinking it can kill or inhibit pests and pathogens and most important TMV. However I am considering what they say when spraying a plant with CS it will make the flower unsmokeable. If its just given to mother plants will the silver be processed thru by the time flower is finished?
If you were to soil drench CS at what rate would you use it? 100%¿ 10%?
Any adverse effects to doing this?

RockinRobot

Firstly colloidal silver is sprayed on the leaves and branches not watered into the soil or other medium. Secondly you can not smoke any of the treated parts of the plant.

RockinRobot I know that thank you as stated in my post. The question is if there is adverse effects from soil drenchand at which rate?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't recall at what rate it was used by my brother used cs as a soil drench on a female plant & it never reverted back once it went male.
Although the soil wasn't reused, I would advise against reusing that particular soil unless you want to purposely produce males from females.

Silver, whether from CS or STS, blocks ethelyne (I think that the one) production causing male parts to form.

Shit... Maybe it causes ethelyne to be produced... I can't remember... It's something along those lines anyway... You've enough info here to seek a definite answer, imo.

No adverse effects were noted.