What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$20,000 Clone

SourDank

Veteran
Even though the thread title says $20k, I know that the question on page 1 was what would you pay $1k for, and at $1k I'd like a few please..lets see...
1. Uptown haze...never have had the pleasure, but as a haze lover I know she do the trick :)
2. A5 or C5 haze - see above description
3. Loompas Headband bc it seems to be one of the very few OG cuts that aren't pretty common these days
4. Squirrel - this is a cut that is/was around my area, but the only guy I know who grew her had an emergency shut down so she has been no more for about 5 years. If I could get this girl I'd pay plenty more than $1k actually. I still dream about the smell and taste of her...

I'm sure I could think of a few more, but off the top of my head I can safe I would GLADLY pay $1k for those girls.

B

Bob Green

20k per cut...

Well shit sign me up for a tray or two!

Put me in coach!

beta

Veteran
How has the clone market developed over the last couple years? Are elite clones getting more or less expensive?

green404

$20k, I will throw in a tulip bulb and a priceless Bennie baby.

Genetics are excellent these days and available. The dark days of secret deals and hording are gone.

Kaskadian

Veteran
I wouldn't pay 20K for a cut of anything but then again I'm just a small personal grower that grows for myself and my wife.

That being said I was generously shared cuts by a couple really nice folks that I unfortunately lost because I had to go overseas for work for a while. Unfortunately I haven't been in communication with them for a few years (don't know their current contact info). Besides missing those strains I'd just like to be able to chat with those folks again; good people.

Here's what went missing...

Exodus UK Cheese
P98 BK
C99
Apollo 11
UV
Triangle (The White?)
Chem 91
Chem D
Chem 4

JVonChron

funny story...A friend of a friend was at the emerald cup this last year.
he was burning one in his car in the parking lot before he went into the event.
he watches as a guy loads up a bunch of shit to take into the event. well this guy doesnt notice he has dropped a small pelican case from the load of stuff he was taking in. the friend of a friend goes and grabs it and returns it to the guy. said pelican case had 50k in it. the dude who dropped it was affiliated with a very popular brand of flowers and in return gave him 2 cuts supposedly worth 15k a piece.

I'd pay 30 grand for the REAL DEAL dj short blueberry pre 2000's that isn't worn out and still retains the rich blueberry aroma/flavour with the serene high

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have GG4 because it was so easy to get. But it just does not have the smell of sour diesel. I have never had the real cut of ECSD but I grew a seed from Rez that I should have kept. I didn't realize how hard it is to find a keeper in the sour diesel line.

Rez SD
picture.php

thejact55

Id buy 20k worth of seeds, and have fun siftin through em to find a better cut than some over-priced bullshit.
That being said im well into the thousands in seed purchases, and dont have shit for cuts in my garden, so maybe im the sucker lol. All in good fun though.
To play along though, it would have to be the olden times cuts. Thai, mexican, columbian, old school impossible to find cuts are the only thing i can see as valuable.

Last edited:

kickarse

I sold a clone for 2 grand OZ, in the early 90s, was the best shit going around at the time
breed by meself from some old Aussie shit

spazspaz

When you get into something like growing, it can take you over. You can fixate, or obsess over it. We all love this herb so much. I mean, that's what it's about... what it means to you.

And, "what it means" to me might be what it means to others--you see how someone really loved a certain strain that you no longer have...You know people that have certain ailments that some strains are supposed to be good for...

Specifically, I wish I could track down the Golden Goat again. I guess if it appeared, I'd have to consider paying a few hundred bucks for it, like if I had to travel.

I've never been involved in single clone buys from a private party, so I can't really relate. Never traded either, but that way makes sense--provided I'm confident of performance and vector control issues.

The couple times I've bought numbers of clones (rather than one or two from a store) I've thought to do the clone maker/hoarder a courtesy by buying a full run worth--that way they wouldn't get pissy about someone just trying to swipe their jewels on the sly ('can I just get a couple, and see how it goes?') and they shouldn't get bent if I make my own from then on. In this way, I've definitely paid thousands for "a" clone. I thought it was good manners, and it also saved time.

green404

The dark days of secret deals and hording are gone.

Some people will always live in the dark past.
Just because a genetic is horded doesn't make it valuable, only to people that value by scarcity. These are probably the same people that line up for "limited supply" Xboxs and iphones.

So many good genetics out these days.. Don't believe the hype from backwards individuals trying to create value from nothing/hype/limited supply.

Snoope Dogs personal OGxAKxBS=just another $20 clone or $10 seed. Unless you are a fool.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
A lot has changed this last couple years.. imo a Cuts value today really dependent on who it's goin to .... these med legal grows with corporate $$$ deserve n should be paying 20k per cut.... same cut is given for free to a guy with a light growing his own... now with every one trying to be seed makers u even gotta watch what ya give that guy... fuk today's cannabis scene