What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you feel like smacking your forehead & saying WTF. Your welcome here. Come on in!

Foreman000

I agree with Marlo on filling the screen. I cut out 1/3-1/2 the plant when I tie them to the screen. I can then use the buds from the branch tips to fill in the center that I ditched when tying them up.

I want the above to be like everbody here does it. There post & name.
I copied & pasted. But it doesn't show the name.

Very sorry if you all are tired of dealing with retardedness. You're still her tho, so I think you get a kick out of laughing at the slow. Sick bastards.

I hate to sound ignorant,but that never stopped me before. So Ichabod You asked how long I veg. My answer soon as I cut one down. I definitely have that on the top of my change my ways list. Your post above confuses me. I veg my plant until whatever height, usually 17"or a little higher. Then put them in 12/12. I let them do there thing until stretch is over. Then tie them to the screen. When do you cut out the 1/3-1/2. I agree with cutting out larf bs. After you cut it out are you saying you bend the tops down to the area you cut out and that's its new spot. And like I said I don't tie em down until after stretch. Am I wrong, will they still grow up & out tied down.

Ichabod, Marlo thanks for the time you're putting in over here. Much appreciated :tiphat:

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I run a double stacked light set up. So I veg to fill most of that. So I veg till about five feet tall. This includes the pot for the five feet.

When I put the plant into flower I strip most of the center of the plant. This leaves me with mostly branch tips or secondary branches that are about 1/3 the size of the primary branch it comes from. This is the part I was talking about in that I remove in the above post. Because I removed this much the center is now bare. So I bend the tips into the center.

I tie the plants when they go into flower not after stretch. I try to plan where the stretch will end. I try to get the branches spaced like I said above so if it is a six inch bud I have another six inches away. This is an inexact process as Marlo alluded to above. It is almost impossible to get a completely full screen. This is why you want to over veg. You can always remove he extra but you may not be able to fill it in latter in flower.

Foreman000

Thank You for splaning yourself Mr. Crane. So moving forward I have 2 in 12/12. Tonight my promix girl I flatened her to the screen. Better late than never. :dunno: My coco girl will get tied up to the screen tomorrow, only so much time in a day. Usually they stretch about a foot. This one may do better because she's in coco. Let's hope so. The one I transplanted yesterday to coco is now 26". I will keep her in veg until I'm sure she takes the move well. Per Ichabod's advice. Actually I'll keep her in there until room becomes an issue. I think I can transplant one more but that will be it. The veg tent will be fuller than full. And this will help me get some construction done. The weekend is pretty much the only time I have some extra time. And on a positve note my cloner seems to be working, looked at about 5 cuttings & I'm not saying root yet but something is sticking out the stem that wasn't there when they went in. I'll post a picture. Thanks everyone!

Foreman000

And this is one of my cuts in the cloner. Maybe I'm crazy but that little thingy wasn't sticking out of there a couple days ago. There's a few more also. We shall see.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The whole point of the screen is to position the plant where you want it. This could be at anytime during its growth. You are just trying to get maximum use of light.

LoudBagwell

Got to love the mitten... much respect to cali! It's easier to follow than to trailblaze all we had to do is follow the recipes and formulas cali and a few others have provided

TheArchitect

Veteran
Under-bridge dwellers

Here is a selfie

ba761bb69eadad5eb30a350f859cf621.jpg

Foreman000

Loud Bag respect to Cali but My favorite growers around here ,to me, appear to be in the fast lane.

Ichabod have u ever been up UP way dealing with a local & they say " yah but ur a troll ". ?

You can't say anything because they're right. And u never wanted to b one before but now u think your missing out on something. UP saying " no brain , no headache !"

Some time March I'm heading that wat to put 300-400 miles on my ski-doo. And it can't come soon enough !

Before that happens my drain to waste system needs to be up & running. Which reminds me, get off your ass mofo this room isn't going to build itself.

Foreman000

Ichabod I get fill the screen to get the most of your light situation. My question. Grow your plants however tall. I would love a 4' or 5' tall veg plant. Im jut thinking tie her up after stretch. My thinking is I don't want to restrict her growth during stretch. You're sayiny tie her down at the start of 12/12 she's gonna blow up anyway?

Foreman000

You already answered my question. It's Friday I didn't have shit to do, I ain't got no job, I'm blew out, yada,yada. It's still early too, behaving has left the building. Sorry for being a moron. I can't wash it off. Kinda stuck with it.

420ish

my veg space is a 4 foot wide 2 foot deep 6 foot tall cabinet made out of osb.it has 2 levels 3 foot tall .i clone and keep moms in the bottom and have my potted veg plants in the top.i veg till they are close to the top of the cab.a similar set up would give you a lot more room to get your plants bigger before flowering without using more floor space.

Last edited:

Foreman000

420ish how are you my friend, I hope all is well. I have tons of work to get done round here. I'm going for the basics first. Veg/bloom. Gonna stretch my my big ass out, without hitting any thing for a change. Then figure out how best to get down. I want 4 foot before I go 12/12. Then I might think about building a cabinet. :biggrin:

Miraculous Meds

If ur trying to get vertical stretch to get to the top of ur screen I don't like tying down to early. When u tie back real good with a vert light the lateral branches start to dominate and u get more of a bushy structure instead of vertical growth. So I wait to tie till I get close to the vert height im aiming for. Some tying might be required before that. Its ok to tie a little bit just don't pull the top of the plant back snug to the screen or ur just gonna grow laterally. Of course keep ur bulb above the top of the plants if ur trying to get stretch too.

I think Ichabod gets away with tying back at the start of flower because his strategy is to over veg so he doesn't need more vert stretch.

420ish

i veg to about 2 1/2 feet(but not very filled out).i then put in my flower cab for 2 to 4 weeks.i have three flower boxes with four plants in each.i tie up as soon as they go in the flower box (even though they veg in there for 2 to 4 weeks)it might slow them down but to keep to my plant count and my schedule it works.every 4 to 5 weeks one finishes and the next one flips.i am a troll also!

Latest posts

Latest posts