What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spyderweb

canned abyss1

Veteran
Spyderweb is a webbed autoflowering project that I am working on. Spyderweb is a cross between Spyder and Ducksfoot. I am currently working with the f2's and everthing looks very promising. So far I have isolated six webbed plants and eight autos out of 34 plants, and will know in about a week if I have any more autos and, possibly a webbed auto.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

cyber echo

Ultimate stealth outdoor auto huh ?
Big thumbs up.
Hows the flowering on those mutants tho ?

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Amazing project :yes:
Isolating both the auto and the webbed trait is not an easy task!

:respect:

=K

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
no it isnt easy, early work of a webbed AF was done on old HB, with Ducksfoot female with LR1 male. It turned out later on that it was kinda worthless having the webbing in the plants, since they flowered out so quickly they would stop being webbed just like DF does when flowering. You would get a few sets of webbed leaves then it would start to flower and go normal, not very stealthy at all really. Now if you can make it stay webbed throughout flowering that would be interesting.

SGS

canned abyss1

Veteran
no it isnt easy, early work of a webbed AF was done on old HB, with Ducksfoot female with LR1 male. It turned out later on that it was kinda worthless having the webbing in the plants, since they flowered out so quickly they would stop being webbed just like DF does when flowering. You would get a few sets of webbed leaves then it would start to flower and go normal, not very stealthy at all really. Now if you can make it stay webbed throughout flowering that would be interesting.

SGS

The difference is they used Lowryder and I am using Spyder. Spyder gets much larger than Lowryder and takes longer to flower. There are many plants that form flower clusters like cannabis does, catnip for instance, so having that structure is not going alert anyone to the fact that it is cannabis. The average person recognizes cannabis by its leave shape not by its floral formations, therefore this plant would definitely be stealthy. Ducksfoot's leaves dont revert back to nonwebbed when it is flowering they just eventually revert to a single leaf structure like other cannabis plants do when they are flowering.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
The difference is they used Lowryder and I am using Spyder. Spyder gets much larger than Lowryder and takes longer to flower. There are many plants that form flower clusters like cannabis does, catnip for instance, so having that structure is not going alert anyone to the fact that it is cannabis. The average person recognizes cannabis by its leave shape not by its floral formations, therefore this plant would definitely be stealthy. Ducksfoot's leaves dont revert back to nonwebbed when it is flowering they just eventually revert to a single leaf structure like other cannabis plants do when they are flowering.

I understand that Spyder is a sativa dom AF and gets bigger,, but look at the pics you just posted up.. of your webbed AF in flower? or is that not it? Or have you found that the AFs you are finding are not Webbed?? That is the problem i was experiencing when doing this project, a lot of the AFs that did show webbing which where very far and few, grew very abnormally and suffered form mutated bud growth and so on, tho some did OK when AF and Webbed, but as you know it was a early LowRyder hybrid and suffered from bland taste and high, thus the reason the project was scraped. Still have the old seed stock tho... Hopefully you can isolate both traits without running into problems.

As for Pure DucksFoot it does go back to a mostly non webbed structure during flowering.

And Im sorry but the average person would know its not normal plants even with the webbing, cannabis has a very distinct look my friend... and when I was a kid I found some plants on the river in OCT in full flower and knew what they was from the giant buds that I had never seen before the leaf structure was an after thought. Cannabis is darker green then most surrounding vegetation and so on, how do you think that spot just a few plants from the sky?

Is this catnip?? :dunno:
;
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anyway bro, I was simply stating that the webbing isnt that stealthy really as it doesn't change the overall look of flowering cannabis, I can see someone not knowing what it is when it is in a veg state and at a distance, but once the flowers start going there is no mistaking it. To many pictures entering main stream media for people not to know more about what cannabis looks like when growing, in all different stages.

SGS

Last edited:
G

greenpharmd

This new cross sounds amazing! Great work man! You have really found something special!

canned abyss1

Veteran
Thanks everybody I think I am going to be successful in this endeavour. I have the proper genetic material to work with now it is just a numbers game and a matter of time.

Webbed non-auto

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Non-webbed auto
picture.php

As for being stealthy I guess that is debatable, but for me if I have the choice between a webbed auto and non-webbed auto for a guerilla grow I am going webbed.

C

cyber echo

Maybe combine this ducksfoot phenotype with a dj-short "crinkle" flowering pheno, which throws deformed leaves during flowering (but not veg) to further the stealth if anything ?
Can't go wrong with some mutant blueberry :]

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
More then happy for you to work on this Canned, cant wait to see if you can lock down the Webbed with the AF trait in healthy plants.

SGS

canned abyss1

Veteran
I forget to mention that I intend on seeing if any of the non-auto webbed plants might be semi-auto, if so this holds a lot of possibilities especially if I find a purple pheno.

G

guest59452

Bout time someone stepped up to the plate for this one. Great job!

B

bock, bock

Webbed purple and pink autoflower, with crinkled leaves sounds good :)
Maybe with pink hairs too. lol :)

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who cares about stealth? You should be looking to make more potent plants. Auto flowers themselves are for stealth because they don't normally grow really big.

canned abyss1

Veteran
Who cares about stealth? You should be looking to make more potent plants. Auto flowers themselves are for stealth because they don't normally grow really big.

Why do you assume that I'm not breeding for potency. Spyder and ducksfoot are both very potent and so is the spyder x ducksfoot f1 mom that I used. I have an extremely high tolerance so a strain has to be really strong for me to feel it. If it doesn't meet my criteria then I don't use it.

Latest posts

Latest posts