What's new

all my plants are hermaphrodites? realy?

darryl

hey all i have a dwc/drip system its an ebay cheap settup in a tote with 6 3inch netpots. i have 4 plants in it now, i had 5 but chopped one to make room for the rest all of which have hermied on me they are clones of my last batch i grew with no problems. it is bagseed, and my first hydro attempt, but the last crop caame out perfect in soil. im using 6 gallons water in the res and gh micro, grow, and bloom, as per instructions. they are under 150w hps. i will put some photos up tonight when i get home from work but the question is should i keep them growing and get all the seeds and just use them as an extra outdoor crop next spring or should i chop and throw new clones in? sorry no photos yet but they will come tonight.

darryl

oh by the way they are 4 weeks into flowering and about 2 feet tall i didn't expect the stretch to be so severe.

B

bonjourbonjour

You could have stressed them enough to hermie. Re check for light leaks. Also could be pollination. If you are 100% sure they are hermie then you shit outs luck. You can try ripping off nanners of branches that show the hermie and keep the ones that dont

darryl

thanks for the quick replies. they are confirmed hermies they all have plenty of nanners and some of the seed bracts are already developing seeds. i was thinking though perhaps if i got 150-300 seeds and i just through them outside next year in the spring real gurilla style it could pay off or not. the only loss would be the ime it takes in my flower cab. i do realise that being bagseed the genetics are surely unstable, if i got 100 plants next year of shwag i could make hash? i do have other clones but i am unsure if i want to go hydro again might just finnish and go back to soil.

i do tho think that it might have been caused by a light leak my veg is right under my flower room and i only have a tarp for a door but i didnt think it would be so detrimental.

On to the next one i guess haha!

SoOrgGuy

If U decide to keep them going u need to purchase some dutch master Reverse. It will stop all seed production in the plant, just foliar it on. But, you might as well start over cuz hermies suffer low oil production and yield due to energy being put into seed production. NEVER use bag seed! If a flowering plant is producing seed (no matter how little) it is a hermorphidite, especially if the seeds are developed. One enough stress causes hermies that plant will forever be a hermorphidite. It's a dual sex plant, if your born a women u wont turn into a man later on right?

slackx

Veteran
If there clones you grew out and they were fine, and they hermied this run. You either have a massive light leak or a crazy temperature problem. I wouldn't chuck the seeds tho...some breeders are testing "S1's" of forced hermie plants...you may just have a ton of femmed beans. This is all under the understanding you took clones from plants you had no problems with.

Whats your ambient temps?
RH?
Reservoir Temp?

darryl

well i know i promised photos, but i have been super busy, my apologies they are coming though. my temps are high 85 average sometimes 90, i wish i did know my rh i need to invest a little more money than i have at the moment. i do have an aquarium thermometer that i use for my room temps but tonight during lights on i will throw it in the res and grab some numbers from it and get back to yll. i do believe this run is just going to be wasted time but i am going to keep them going and keep the beans for an outdoor crop next year and hope for the best.

thanks yall your help is much obliged.