Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > Growing Under LEDs at Temps Above 80F

Thread Title Search
Growing Under LEDs at Temps Above 80F Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2020, 12:14 AM #1
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Growing Under LEDs at Temps Above 80F

I've just eliminated the HPS lights from my grow room and am trying to determine if I should heat the space. A fellow grower who is all LED tells me I should crank the temp up to 80F plus. Anyone have any direct experience? Thanks

Old 11-20-2020, 12:16 AM #2
mojave green
rockin in the free world

mojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant future
Don’t listen to that fellow grower. 72 to 80 is the ideal range.
mojave green is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:21 AM #3
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
Thanks! I've had a number of successful harvests under the LEDs while I had the HPS lights running in the room and the high temps weren't necessary. My friend claims that the LEDs don't throw IR light so the high temp is necessary to achieve the correct VPD. IDK!

Old 11-20-2020, 12:39 AM #4
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Your friend is right, higher temps for led growing are ok. 28-30°C is a good environment for plants under leds, keep an eye on the humidity.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:47 AM #5
Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Your friend is right, higher temps for led growing are ok. 28-30°C is a good environment for plants under leds, keep an eye on the humidity.

Cheers

Thanks! Are the higher temps necessary? I just got into the season where my AC isn't running 24/7. I was hoping the room would heat itself with just the LEDs.

Old 11-20-2020, 01:41 AM #6
SuperBadGrower

SuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud ofSuperBadGrower has much to be proud of
The range mentioned by Koondense is exactly where you will see peak performance. Light intensity, temperature and photosynthesis are very entangled, if it's 70 F and the plants see 1000 PPFD, that's a bigger problem than if they see 600 PPFD

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:59 AM #7
unnamedmike

unnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant futureunnamedmike has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Cheers

Same here
unnamedmike is online now Quote

Old 11-20-2020, 02:01 AM #8
mojave green
rockin in the free world

mojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant futuremojave green has a brilliant future
“The best temperature range for indoor plants is 70 degrees F – 80 degrees F day and 65 degrees F – 70 degrees F night.”
https://extension.uga.edu/publicatio...with%20Success
mojave green is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:01 AM #9
Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBadGrower View Post
The range mentioned by Koondense is exactly where you will see peak performance. Light intensity, temperature and photosynthesis are very entangled, if it's 70 F and the plants see 1000 PPFD, that's a bigger problem than if they see 600 PPFD

I've been keeping the room at 75F. I'm considering bringing it up to 81F. Do you think it's worth the extra energy to heat vit?

Old 11-20-2020, 09:46 AM #10
Mars Hydro Led
Garden Partner

Mars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivor
It is better to keep temp around 30C. Cannabis love this temp.
Mars Hydro Led is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.