Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Super Malawi Haze, 6 weeks to go and possible mold!

Thread Title Search
Super Malawi Haze, 6 weeks to go and possible mold! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 03:00 PM #1
Hombre del mont

Hombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of light
Super Malawi Haze, 6 weeks to go and possible mold!

Hi Chaps,

I'm new to this forrum but have been an indoor man in the UK since the days of Sensi Seeds (cant remember what they were first called) and Northern lights was the first indoor seed.

For the last few years i grew sativa dominent strains and some tammed sats indoors.

Over the years i've had issues with Botrytis. It has always been towards the end of flowering, in an over crowed room with inadequate ventilation/air movement. I'm happy to say that this is something I only had durring my early years.

I now live in Southern Spain, but for the last few years have been limited to growing in pots, due to having to relocate several times.

This is year is my first true grow in the earth.

I have three plants, Super Malawi Haze, Goldern Tiger and a stunted Malawi x Pck.

This morning I noticed what appears to be some sort of mold on one of the young flowers of the SMH! I reckon that they have at least 5 weeks to go! The day time temps are about 26c but the night is droping to 15c. The spot where it is gets plenty of breeze/wind.

I've grown Malawi and Panama Haze in pots and never had a problem with mold. A friend of mine with no growing experience, who lives quite a bit higher up the mountain than me, also grew some malawi and PH last year and despite his limited knowledge and them only recieving about 5-6 hrs of direct sun, only had a little mold right at the very end

Once i figure out how to upload photos i'll post some pics so you more experienced outdoor gardener's can take a look.

Also, is there a spell checker on here?

Many thanks
Hombre del mont is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2020, 04:34 PM #2
Hombre del mont

Hombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of lightHombre del mont is a glorious beacon of light
A couple of close ups of said bud
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_132330.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	549119 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_132344.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	549120

Old 10-01-2020, 04:56 PM #3
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Hola Hombre del mont

Looks like these two buds are gone bad.
I would suggest to have a good close look at all buds, search for early signs of early bud rot and later mold(botrytis), in some cases the cause could be caterpillars excrements or other foliar damage by pests which can start budrot. If you can, closely inspect the buds daily, with gloves and all possible cleanliness, open them slowly to check for dead leaves petioles inside the buds. It's what in most cases starts budrot outdoors.
Until they stay healthy you let her flower and as soon as you start seeing it more frequently, chop her entirely or just the infected buds. Your choice because only you can see the plant's development in person.
I hope it's a singular event and that she will be able to hold on for more weeks, but you need to be realistic and check things regularly, especially the weather.

Best of luck
Koondense is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:58 PM #4
Cilindrin

Cilindrin is just really niceCilindrin is just really niceCilindrin is just really niceCilindrin is just really niceCilindrin is just really niceCilindrin is just really niceCilindrin is just really niceCilindrin is just really nice
You might have some caterpillars?
Cilindrin is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:05 PM #5
Hombre del mont

Thank you, that makes sense! I've seen one or two very small catapilars but thought it wouldn't be overly problematic. is there aything that youd suggest that i could use to remove the little fuckers. I have some neem oil?

Old 10-01-2020, 08:57 PM #6
RED 1

RED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond reputeRED 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre del mont View Post
Thank you, that makes sense! I've seen one or two very small catapilars but thought it wouldn't be overly problematic. is there aything that youd suggest that i could use to remove the little fuckers. I have some neem oil?
I use eyebrow tweezers my friend(sterilise them after every use)
It's best to go through plant thoroughly over a day or two, then keep eye on her, daily
Caterpillars at an advanced stage, usually nest deep within the bud
RED 1 is online now Quote

Old 10-01-2020, 10:41 PM #7
Hombre del mont

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED 1 View Post
I use eyebrow tweezers my friend(sterilise them after every use)
It's best to go through plant thoroughly over a day or two, then keep eye on her, daily
Caterpillars at an advanced stage, usually nest deep within the bud

Thanks Red, Tomorrow i'll be out there with the tweezers.

As you can see from the buds in the pics, i'm many weeks from harvest yet; What other measures can i take to stop any more of the little fuckers hatching.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:04 PM #8
Hombre del mont

A few shots of the SMH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_132408.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	549161 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_132418.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	549162 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_132443.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	549163 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_132501.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	549164

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:29 PM #9
Cantharellus

Cantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud ofCantharellus has much to be proud of
Those flowers for camouflage are too cool lol.
Cantharellus is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:35 PM #10
roybart

roybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really nice
https://www.farmersalmanac.com/what-...ugs-away-24734 some of these will help too
roybart is offline Quote