Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Thread Title Search
question for sam the skunkman on the original haze Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 06:10 PM #4741
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
@tomhill
Nah, tidal forces are always present no matter the environment we find ourselves in, the trouble is we tend to assume these forces have the same effect on tides of the sea and water in plants. This is where we tend to get it all wrong. The mechanism for the existence of tides is not so simple, for example there are tides only because the seas are all around the planet and connected while there is no tidal effect for waters in lakes. And these lakes still hold massive amounts of water and still no wiggling or bouncing of the surface except for winds doing their part and making waves.
I never did the calculations but have the feeling that a grower's presence near the plants amount for more gravitational disturbance compared to the massive moon in the sky, remember you heard it here first The bigger the grower the bigger the tide

Another thing, as you know there should be controled groups of plants or seeds in specific environments(designed experiments) to find out the real effect(or lack of it) of gravity changes on sprouting and general growth.
Regarding moonlight, that seems to be an obvious effect because there's light at night time involved, so the difference is much bigger to that of gravity differences and we know some sensitive photoperiod plants can behave differently with just minimum light disturbances.
Anyway, it could be a long debate but without proper research it would remain an unsolved topic as it still is.

My point is very simple. If you have an agricultural calendar(based on Maria Thun) and go see the detailed timelines which promote seed sprouting, greens growth, fruit development etc, you can easily see how silly it looks as it never takes the n account the most important factors such as temperatures of air and soil, soil type, latitude, cloud cover, humidity and so on... it's obvious it's all a tradition with no scientific basis, to me it looks like a cult or religion and i mean no offense to anyone.
I hope my post clarifies at least a bit what is the issue with these types of routines and methods you mentioned.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:24 PM #4742
MAHA KALA

MAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivorMAHA KALA is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Barrett View Post
Not sure what I'll manage to get off her,I sure love watching her do her thing.

View Image
View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:36 PM #4743
Stonecutter

Stonecutter is a jewel in the roughStonecutter is a jewel in the roughStonecutter is a jewel in the roughStonecutter is a jewel in the roughStonecutter is a jewel in the roughStonecutter is a jewel in the rough
There is no relationship between the phase of the moon and change in proximity of the moon to the earth. It is the changes in proximity due to the elliptical orbit that account for the higher tide phenomena.
Today I was talking to a friend who works in Astronomy - there have been many studies on this with no proven results.
Light from the moon - the traditions of the harvest and hunter’s moon, have obvious substance.
I’m not saying the observations are wrong, but there is no gravitational change between the full and new moon.
Plus as above post says, the effects of gravity are only observed in truly massive bodies - the seas, not lakes.
Needs a better hypothesis to explain the effect.
Stonecutter is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:43 PM #4744
sbeanonnamellow

sbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
@tomhill
Nah, tidal forces are always present no matter the environment we find ourselves in, the trouble is we tend to assume these forces have the same effect on tides of the sea and water in plants. This is where we tend to get it all wrong. The mechanism for the existence of tides is not so simple, for example there are tides only because the seas are all around the planet and connected while there is no tidal effect for waters in lakes. And these lakes still hold massive amounts of water and still no wiggling or bouncing of the surface except for winds doing their part and making waves.
I never did the calculations but have the feeling that a grower's presence near the plants amount for more gravitational disturbance compared to the massive moon in the sky, remember you heard it here first The bigger the grower the bigger the tide

Another thing, as you know there should be controled groups of plants or seeds in specific environments(designed experiments) to find out the real effect(or lack of it) of gravity changes on sprouting and general growth.
Regarding moonlight, that seems to be an obvious effect because there's light at night time involved, so the difference is much bigger to that of gravity differences and we know some sensitive photoperiod plants can behave differently with just minimum light disturbances.
Anyway, it could be a long debate but without proper research it would remain an unsolved topic as it still is.

My point is very simple. If you have an agricultural calendar(based on Maria Thun) and go see the detailed timelines which promote seed sprouting, greens growth, fruit development etc, you can easily see how silly it looks as it never takes the n account the most important factors such as temperatures of air and soil, soil type, latitude, cloud cover, humidity and so on... it's obvious it's all a tradition with no scientific basis, to me it looks like a cult or religion and i mean no offense to anyone.
I hope my post clarifies at least a bit what is the issue with these types of routines and methods you mentioned.

Cheers
Gravity is such a neat word. How gravity can be used to describe the feeling of being drawn in and close to something.

Anyone else notice plants perform better when you're around them often? Wonder if it's more than just being around to care for them and if it has something to do with "feeling near".

Almost how someones company can change the mood or feeling. Scared or nervous then a buddy or friend links up, it's easier to find comfort in that. Much love
sbeanonnamellow is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:24 AM #4745
maryjaneismyfre

maryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of lightmaryjaneismyfre is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeanonnamellow View Post
Gravity is such a neat word. How gravity can be used to describe the feeling of being drawn in and close to something.

Anyone else notice plants perform better when you're around them often? Wonder if it's more than just being around to care for them and if it has something to do with "feeling near".

Almost how someones company can change the mood or feeling. Scared or nervous then a buddy or friend links up, it's easier to find comfort in that. Much love

Put a Co2 meter in a room and hang out with the plants and check the logs afterwards..They love you hanging out with them, but its not only the irie vibes you are giving off.
maryjaneismyfre is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:14 AM #4746
sbeanonnamellow

sbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of lightsbeanonnamellow is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjaneismyfre View Post
Put a Co2 meter in a room and hang out with the plants and check the logs afterwards..They love you hanging out with them, but its not only the irie vibes you are giving off.
That's a good point! We live in symbiosis with one another. Plants give off oxygen to us and we are their feet! Transporting them across the globe, ect. Further than they would get by just wind and localized animals foraging across a given landscape, dispersing seed.

I read a book a while back titled The Secret Life of Plants and it suggested that plants have a way of connecting with us beyond what we might think is even possible. Unlimited distance they feel our intent type of stuff, to the moon and back. I can only imagine they feel it when we want to be near also.

Checking on a garden knowing they don't need food or water, or other work done, just going there to chill and be with them. To share the space and connect.

How often do you guys start into your gardens and have that conversation in your head, talking to them? Wishing them well, encouraging them. Maybe even asking for help, I know I have. There have been times throughout my life where I have been stressed out and going through some woes and noticed those conversations in my mind genuinely asking them for support. As if they're dear friends and family.

Plants are special man, they're absolutely fascinating and they have a special place in my heart. There's a big ass old tree down the street that I visit when I need cheering up, it's hundreds of years old and I'll go just to be close to it. To touch it, to hug it. Ok, who am I kidding I like to go there take a sunset in and smoke a fattie too. Imagining all the people who have watched it grow, generations upon generations of humans basking under the shade of the canopy or using it to shield them from the rain. Maybe even some old hippies back in the day smoking some imports under it, might have even been some original haze! Much love
sbeanonnamellow is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2020, 02:05 AM #4747
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
One of the main reasons I’d love for weed to be legal here is so I could spend more time with the plants, both indoor and out.
Sucks to have to keep them shut away so much.

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Dire straits, brothers in arms:

Now the sun's gone to hell
And
The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We are fools to make war
On our brothers in arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
mr.brunch is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2020, 02:21 AM #4748
star crash
We Will Get By ... We Will Survive

star crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivor
Arrow

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:59 AM #4749
Happy Times

Happy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to beholdHappy Times is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by star crash View Post
Wicked little long skinny baby leaves there Star

O-Haze or something along those lines?
Happy Times is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2020, 07:31 AM #4750
harvestreaper

harvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant futureharvestreaper has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjaneismyfre View Post
If all else consistant then yields should be too, our end year the light is amazing so outdoors would be the best harvest, with light dep..but Im in southern hemisphere..Indoors, should be 1g/w every ten weeks at least like clockwork..or something is off..but many things to possibly be off, but only so many.
i accept totally it was no scientific experiment without identical enviroments,and your reply is logical
harvestreaper is online now Quote