Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > these bugs...

Thread Title Search
these bugs... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 06:31 PM #11
buzzmobile

buzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivor
Another thought- do you use molasses in your grow, hayday?

Old 11-21-2020, 08:40 PM #12
hayday

hayday has disabled reputation
Alrighty , The behavior is straight up ant. They trail and move very fast,i can't recall seeing the white rear torso in an ant though. They trail up my grow room wall and also I see them near my waterbucket where there is always 15 gallons ready for use.

As far as molasses, I don't use it daily but at least twice a month. My garden is pretty much water only home crafted soil using bone and blood meal, rabbit manure and mushroom compost. Worm castings and some Guano.
I appriciate the help and I feel better with ants being supect here. My room is 100% pesticide free so I don't want to put anything in there.
Thanks for the help

W. P. O. D.
hayday is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2020, 12:38 AM #13
buzzmobile

buzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivorbuzzmobile is a survivor
Ants know where to get a good meal.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:37 AM #14
Hookahhead

Hookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant future
I’ve had ants take up residence in my pots on more than one occasion. Be careful with them, even if they aren’t doing any visible damage they may be feeding/destroying roots to make a new home. Pick up the container, they often like to lay eggs underneath.

I remember one incident where ants moved into an outdoor container. I was having minor issues with baby grasshoppers at the time, and the ants were actually patrolling the plant and killing the grasshoppers. I was so happy that nature stepped in to correct the problem. Like 10 days later the plant went to shit and died 2-3 days later. The ants had excavated out all underneath it and had cut into roots/stem in the process.

If they are sugar feeding ants, store bought or homemade ant bait (sugar and borax) works great. I have also had success sprinkling Saigon cinnamon on the soil and around the containers. Ants rely heavily on chemical communication and something in the cinnamon bothers them. Also as buzz pointed out make sure they are not farming aphids or scale insects somewhere on your plants.
Hookahhead is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:49 PM #15
hayday

hayday has disabled reputation
I'm really relieved the consenses is Ants. I know there are a bunch of nasties in the World, I'm sure I could harbor more than my share.
Thank you all for taking time to help

W. P. O. D.
hayday is offline Quote