Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Thread Title Search
Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with.... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 05:53 AM #251
HGCC

HGCC has a spectacular aura aboutHGCC has a spectacular aura aboutHGCC has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose eater View Post
I've managed depression similarly to how I've managed stout doses of hallucinogens over the years; continue reminding myself of what is part of reality/mental status at the moment, and what is part of the drug or condition.

I think that mental separation between what is, versus what it feels like or seems like, can make it more manageable some times.
This is a pretty astute self observation man.
HGCC is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:17 AM #252
moose eater

moose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGCC View Post
This is a pretty astute self observation man.
I think a good number of persons with PTSD, depression, thought disorders, and more, might benefit from the sorting of perception and reality; hell, just reading the discord in the forums here, tells me folks might benefit from such introspective questions.

-----------------------------------------

Well, "the more you know..."

A couple days ago the radiological oncology Doc phoned on a day for which we had changed the appointment time to the next week. Turned out that wasn't convenient for his schedule. Either that, or he didn't want their office to appear as though it lacked coordination, and fibbed. Who knows?

Anyway, as close to a quote as I can get, was, "The MRI shows what we already knew; the right side of the capsule (prostate gland) is riddled with cancer, and it doesn't appear as though it has escaped the prostate."

We both acknowledged that the lack of VISIBLE cancer outside the prostate gland's right side doesn't mean there's not been cancer escaping and getting into other areas. In all likelihood, and per Johns-Hopkins 5,070-some case review, it's quite likely that there is SOME cancer outside of the prostate, especially on the right side, but it's not visible via imaging at this time.

Whether or not there's enough cancer outside of the prostate to cause trouble down the road, who knows? Won't likely have an answer to that until -long- after surgery, assuming I opt for a radical prostatectomy, which is the direction I'm leaning, all things considered.

The dissimilar claims of success and side-effects related to radiation, and to (specifically) hormone suppression therapy, has me believing that in this game where COVID-19 put the hurt on clinics and hospitals, it seems more important than ever before for various medical folks to be hard-selling THEIR specific approach to medical practices and procedures.

In the last 2-3 weeks I've heard a number of folks explain to me, in what appeared to be fabricated reasoning, why it was better if I used THEIR imaging services, THEIR radiologist, THEIR procedure, etc.

But when I start seeing that data and outcomes are being omitted from anecdotal information I request, or someone pretends not to recall something for which there's very small probability that they wouldn't remember the information being requested, then I smell a tilting of the table, as it relates to money, and that person or group is less, not more likely to receive my business, money, etc.

----------------------------------------------------

So, we're about ready to start decarbing the 2 (basically different) types of flowers; the CBD and the THC buds.

Looks like Wednesday we're possibly close to +20 f. outside here, so if I can get those things decarbed and ready, I might want to try and be cooking off solvent outdoors at +20 or so. I don't see it getting a WHOLE lot warmer than that in the near future here.

----------------------------------------------------

I still have 2-3 nights of cannabis butter from my own batch remaining in the freezer to consume tonight and the next couple nights, maybe. And I have most of a lb. of canna butter a former friend made and gifted to me, also still in the freezer, but, as is typical, I'll be coasting to the end of one make-shift substitution as I less-than-gracefully slide into the proverbial home plate of the next adaptation.

So... a few puffs of hash, a reworking of the soilless mix recipe to adjust for the last lab analysis from a couple months ago, and who knows what might occur here..

---------------------------------------------------

I did, on a hunch, do some other research re. cancer in general, as it relates to my dyssomnia of the last 50+ years. I considered that the immune system is affected by sleep, and cancer, despite pre-dispositions via genetics, also relies on environmental/causal factors, similar to how type II diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, etc., etc. function.

And the research showed, unequivocally, several things; cancer thrives on a broken or disrupted sleep schedule, or even just an absence of sleep. And like type II diabetes, physical activity (i.e., exercise) helps to battle cancer, as well.

So, as is the case with many things, the proper amount of sleep and the proper amount of phys. activity, both weight heavily in battling cancers.

And, since consuming a fairly stout dose of cannabis butter, straight, each night, after I ran out of the olive oil canna extract capsules a while back, I've been sleeping fairly solidly for the last ~1 month... though I admittedly HAVE awakened in the middle of the night a time or 3, but FAR less often than I did previously.

The down-side of sleep as an antidote to depression, is that the more thorough restfulness and tiredness that leads up to it, is counter-productive to physical activity.

But for now, I figure I can catch up on sleep, and THEN worry about getting back to the level of phys. activity I had going on in later summer this year.

So, about that several puffs of hash, and the amendments to the soilless mix list..

Last edited by moose eater; 11-24-2020 at 09:40 AM..
moose eater is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:42 PM #253
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
Sleep is so important.im battling insomnia myself.

I hope I'm not meandering like a tend to but my dad's girlfriend had an episode.she supposedly has stage 4 lung cancer. She had a sudden nose bleed and then was on the floor saying she couldn't breath.we almost rushed her to the hospital.honesly don't even know if the hospital would take her.scared the shit out of me.but she said nose bleeds are a symptom of cancer.this covid has me scared.i want a US government gas mask.my people are going to work in the city.they are gonna get it.i feel bad you have to travel moose.stay safe sir
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2020, 01:02 AM #254
moose eater

moose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud ofmoose eater has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
Sleep is so important.im battling insomnia myself.

I hope I'm not meandering like a tend to but my dad's girlfriend had an episode.she supposedly has stage 4 lung cancer. She had a sudden nose bleed and then was on the floor saying she couldn't breath.we almost rushed her to the hospital.honesly don't even know if the hospital would take her.scared the shit out of me.but she said nose bleeds are a symptom of cancer.this covid has me scared.i want a US government gas mask.my people are going to work in the city.they are gonna get it.i feel bad you have to travel moose.stay safe sir
Thanks 'hawk.

Sorry to read of your dad's gf's spell with bleeding. I s'pose a respiratory cancer might express itself via a nose-bleed.

As far as travel goes, if I go for surgery, rather than radiation (which, as stated above, is the direction I'm looking more closely at for the moment), it'll either be Anchorage or Seattle.

Greater risk of exposure to C-19 by going to Seattle, but a more renowned clinic to have do the work, too.

Exposure via plane ride, shuttle to the hospital and hotel, et.

If I go to Anchorage, I can spend one or so nights in the living area at the hospital I would be most apt to attend, and take come severe cold gear, to sleep in the back of my truck on the way home.

We'll see what happens this next week or so. Hopefully I'll be getting an interview with the Docs at the Seattle clinic before, or right after Thanksgiving.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:44 AM #255
OkThen

OkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to allOkThen is a name known to all
Hey Moose,
Well that's a mighty big chunk of reality to bite off in one swallow. Glad to see your progress in refining some herb. Maybe when a timeline for events is established, evidence of a positive outcome will be available before moving on to the next step. We all make decisions the best we can with our current perception of the universe as we understand it.

Every day is a gift.
Blessings to you and yours.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:27 AM #256
moose eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkThen View Post
Hey Moose,
Well that's a mighty big chunk of reality to bite off in one swallow. Glad to see your progress in refining some herb. Maybe when a timeline for events is established, evidence of a positive outcome will be available before moving on to the next step. We all make decisions the best we can with our current perception of the universe as we understand it.

Every day is a gift.
Blessings to you and yours.
Thanks OK.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a blood-draw for a PSA and A1C tests, along with others, to put a preliminary assessment to the broccoli sprouts and extract/cannabis butter trials.

I figure if the broccoli sprouts/sulforaphane and THC are working even a little bit like they do for some, then I should see a noteworthy drop in both the A1C and PSA scores.

If no changes, then it might be a bit sobering, but I'll continue with the planned regimen in any case, to avoid being too impatient.

Hope your recent scans continue to show a reprieve from the harshness of the malignant hitch-hikers in your body.

Re. the choice of options, I figure that if what I was told re. only getting one opportunity for radiation is true, and if I want to maximize my options/'ammunition', then I should start with what ever has the fewest long-term side-effects, and what ever leaves the door open for other modalities of treatment, should Murphy step into this thing any more.

Any side-effects from surgery are more immediate, but so is the intervention, and then there's time to regain what ever is lost (temporarily?? I hope??) in the process of recuperation..

Right now, adding hormone suppression tx, to come before radiation, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, potential loss of other functions, a more paced or slower approach to sending a memo to the cancer, letting it know it's not welcome, etc., all just sounds like too damned many irons in the fire at one time; too many wild cards in that deck..

Right now I'm trying to turn major crests and peaks into speed bumps, and one way to do that is make each movement a bit more contained or smaller. Otherwise it has a greater possibility to become more overwhelming than it needs to be..