Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > I love the hottest peppers!

Thread Title Search
I love the hottest peppers! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2020, 08:35 AM #1721
LostTribe
Cinderella Connoisseur

LostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexweed View Post
so there are reapers and scorpions at a store here imported from the netherlands melissa's brand, I grabbed a pack of the reapers and tried making a sauce with it

it came out amazing for my first try and I really can't diss on reapers, but I have to say based on the 7 pot primo sauces I've had that primos are a meaner pepper

the official listing for reapers is pakistani nagaXred habanero

nice fruity chili pepper nose, not quite as fruity as 7 pot primos, relatively low mouth pain compared to ghost pepper experiences I've had

but here's the deal, the heat from reapers is a lot easier to tame than 7 pot primos, it doesn't last and last like the primo heat and water helps a lot more

I put 6 peppers in what simmered down to a 5oz bottle, lots of garlic

View Image
I will pay to see you chug that! I was thinking a case of bottles for that many ghosts or scorpions.

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:25 PM #1722
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
it's hot but I've had hotter bottles of exhorresco, it's definitely hotter than reapercussion, about on par with hydra 7 pot but a bit more punch up front

I did add a tsp of sugar while it was simmering and a couple tbsp of orange juice, the next bottle I'm going to try replacing the 1/4 cup water with orange juice and not add any granulated sugar

I think the hottest 7 pot primo hasn't been recorded or at least the number hasn't been released, I see most places saying it averages 1.5 million and even up to 1.9 million, not every reaper is 2.2 million and I have a hunch that primos average higher
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 11-05-2020, 03:20 AM #1723
Lolo94

Lolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really niceLolo94 is just really nice
Carolina Reaper and Ghost pepper (orange). First time growing these. The growing environment wasn't ideal with only 4-5 hours of direct sun, but they're definitely hot. The reaper is huge (4' tall by 4' wide) and super sturdy like a good hybrid. The Ghost pepper reminds me of a finicky sativa. It grew kind of viney with weak limbs and is taking several weeks longer than the reaper, whose 1st harvest was 3 weeks ago. Plenty of peppers still left on the plants, but not sure how much longer they'll last with the weather getting cold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201104_165126900.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	551874
Lolo94 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:49 AM #1724
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
I was thinking a case of bottles for that many ghosts or scorpions.
it was ~1oz of fresh peppers

I ordered primo, reaper, and scorpion seeds for spring
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2020, 06:17 PM #1725
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud of
well... its been a good summer, but the cold is upon us... just picked the last of the lemon hots which are excellent producers , only had '2' plants, a few jalapenos, n a few fatelli's - i harvested about 500 reapers last week and gave them to the local mex. rest. most were green and still wayyyy hot... , and the red ones were...well... reapers... not aug hot weather hot, but still MoFo's....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1578.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	552495 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1576.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	552496
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2020, 11:45 AM #1726
Clarence
FUZZY WUZZY

Clarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup MuppetClarence Is A Red Fuzz'Dup Muppet

So here's my first chocolate Trinidad Maruga Scorpion. Safe to say due to being in the middle of a severe crohn's flare up I will not be trying it myself. Instead my brother from another mother will be doing the lipsink testing.

SI POST FATA VENIT GLORIA NON PROPERO
Clarence is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:57 PM #1727
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud ofzachrockbadenof has much to be proud of
i must have 250/300 lemon hots that i picked last weekend... i'd luv to save em n eat em over the winter... can they be frozen?? n then thawed out??
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2020, 02:14 AM #1728
HorseBadoritiz

HorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of lightHorseBadoritiz is a glorious beacon of light
If you freeze them, it would probably be a good idea to thaw them out unless you like them crunchy, lol!

I freeze some of the ones we're going to make sauce with. I have not frozen, thawed, and then eaten though. Just seems like they might be mushy, but you've got so many, why not try a few, and let us know?

I also dry some for cooking. Cap 'em, split them, and take out the seeds. Scatter them on a clean window screen, and let them dry outside in the sun (they'll stink out the house!). Those Limon Aji's are great for that

We just had a frost, so I picked everything and stuck them in the freezer.

My son makes a green sauce from the unripe ones. It's a little bitter for me, but he's working on it!

One thing about the freezer. Really hot peppers can stink it out. First time I froze some, I left them in for about 6 months in cheap bags, it took two years to get the stink out!

Vacuum sealing w/ good bags is the ticket.
HorseBadoritiz is offline Quote

Old 11-25-2020, 04:19 AM #1729
ButterflyEffect

ButterflyEffect has a spectacular aura aboutButterflyEffect has a spectacular aura aboutButterflyEffect has a spectacular aura aboutButterflyEffect has a spectacular aura about
I grew out 12 habaneros this season and we wound up with so many. After reading this thread, I realize I need to up my pepper game. Hell, I didn't even realize there were different types of habos!

Hoping to expand to some different varieties next year. Love me some heat!
ButterflyEffect is offline Quote