Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2020, 12:26 PM #361
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr97 View Post
Where to you buy one of these sweet heaters Yuba?

I can't seem to find what you have pictured.

Thanks
Ebay or Amazon. Ebay is cheaper. You will see them under 100 different brand names. You will see them as a kit with fuel tank, pump, all the piping and ducting. Or you can get them in all in one units easier to install. Try searching "diesel parking heater 5kw".
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021NEW-WARMTOO-Diesel-Air-Heater-8KW-12V-All-In-One-Car-Parking-Heater-Truck-RV/224205653255?hash=item3433b2c5 07:g:0LwAAOSw2UpfpMZQ

There are all sorts of different kits. I would get one with a digital controller that has thermostat. And remote control.

There is a group on Facebook called Chinese diesel heater. Has everything you could want to know about installing them.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2020, 12:35 PM #362
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyhorse View Post
Thank you for this thread
At this part of the world, a beautiful steel hoop greenhouse of about the same size of the first post would cost 3500u$s and this is luxury only large vegetable producers can afford
Here the only kind of plants that will grow well are sativas, and the only way to finnish them here is light dep.

A greenhouse for home using the cheapest material around here is eucaliptus wood and this is the kind of construction which is common at this part of the world and by far, the cheapest available, bases have been fixed with concrete so it will be strong to stand against tough winds
View Image View Image

The materials used for 3 walls is transparent nylon 150 microns, white shadow mesh for the roof and for this wall a triple folded shadow mesh. The white shadow mesh allows ventilation and allows me to make rain inside to cool the greenhouse when too hot. It is very windy here, it is an area of eolic energy generators so I feel to have enough ventilation just with the mesh in the roof
View Image View Image
This is the triple folded shadow mesh wall, on top the wire to hang the light dep nylon

View Image
I am really interested in light dep
Nobody ever heard of light dep here, people think I am crazy and maybe they are right
Master CrushnYuba, I think I am using the same nylon I see on your last post. The one I am using is 150 micron and I use it as curtain which I pull up and down with a simple rope and a sheave
What I have seen in videos and pictures seems to be very heavy, like 30-50 kilos to pull on the light dep nylon cover
To pull up and down a wall of the nylon is very light and simple to do, I thought I would have to divide the light dep wall curtain in 2 so it would be lighter, but I am surprised it is so light

I am discovering I have a very wide thermal amplitude. It goes at this time of the year 13-15C at dawn with 99% humidity up to 35C and about 45-40% humidity on the same day.

Thank you very much and have a nice day
Beautiful wood. Shame you can't really see it after its covered. I have never seen nylon. Only polyethylene. Is it pretty light tight and uv protected?
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2020, 03:56 PM #363
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
Searching "Chinese diesel heater" on YouTube plenty of results. Looks good.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2020, 10:50 PM #364
funkyhorse

funkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
Beautiful wood. Shame you can't really see it after its covered. I have never seen nylon. Only polyethylene. Is it pretty light tight and uv protected?

At this part of the world, people call polyethylene nylon. And I am living in rural area of an agricultural country, both the polyethilene nylon and the polyethilene white shadow mesh are supposed to be uv protected, but I always doubt the word of sellers. In the southern hemisphere the sun is very very strong because of the ozone layer hole. Inside the greenhouse it feels really confortable and the sun dont burn, I believe it is uv protected. The mesh roof allows to pass air, rain and filtered sun rays, the mesh just makes shadow

The wood is the cheapest quality, not really good wood, it is uncured, still green. It can last with the best of lucks up to 5 years before it rottens, my bet is it will last up to 3 years. This construction is good for learning
funkyhorse is offline Quote