Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Good Veteran's Day to all who served.

Thread Title Search
Good Veteran's Day to all who served. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2020, 09:05 PM #11
stickyunderwear

stickyunderwear has a spectacular aura aboutstickyunderwear has a spectacular aura aboutstickyunderwear has a spectacular aura aboutstickyunderwear has a spectacular aura about
I served. Many of the voices here would not last a day in boot when they were told to shut the fuck up and march.
stickyunderwear is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:46 PM #12
Pinball Wizard
The wand chooses the wizard

Pinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hemp View Post
Ain't it the truth Pinball! They can't help it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJA8b3esxfE....

"we have met the enemy and he is us"-Pogo
Pinball Wizard is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2020, 09:56 PM #13
TheMan13

TheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfpEUIJjfBE

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
TheMan13 is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2020, 12:28 AM #14
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
OK Pinball, I was gonna say few people on here remember when that photo was in the news...

but then I clicked it open..Who the fuck's face is that photoshopped on to it?

---------------------------------------------------------

I missed being drafted for 'Nam by the skin of my teeth...

My Dad was a recently retired US Navy Lt. (O3)...But he was the ship's navigator so he was 3rd in command of some of the ships he served on...

He didn't want me being sent to Vietnam, even though he was on a ship in the western Pacific Ocean for all of 1945 and just off the coast of Korea on a ship in 1952...
Of course, he was just a squid back then..
But he damn sure made sure I went and registered when I turned 18.

Mrs. G.'s Dad was 10 years older than my Dad...
He was a Sargent (E6) in the Army and is one of the men who went ashore on Normandy on June 6, 1944..

I think about both of them... they'd be very sad if they saw all the pussy men running around these days...

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:36 AM #15
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyunderwear View Post
I served. Many of the voices here would not last a day in boot when they were told to shut the fuck up and march.
https://youtu.be/n4AtXsas5NY

This ain't the toker's den and that kind of shit doesn't belong here, today!

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2020, 01:07 PM #16
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
I. Walk the drunk camps daily looking for vets fed up and ready to talk......I'll never give up...the local street outreach ain't enough
Sunshineinabag is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2020, 01:09 PM #17
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
Quote:
Oh you's salty

Beatings will continue until morale improves
Sunshineinabag is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2020, 09:52 PM #18
BadTicket
ØG T®ipL3 ØG³

BadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivor
Quote:
Ex-army/ex-navy here. While I might agree with this, I wouldn't be so cocky about it. Most people on this forum would be too old for boot camp, and too smart. That's why the man get you when you're young and dumb and can/will still do this without asking why and who the fuck is some young pimple farmer drill sarge to tell me to do shit.

If you take pride in taking orders without thinking about it. And you think people who couldn't or wouldn't are somehow below you.. Pride is a mofo, innit?

And veterans. I'm an army veteran, which means I served and lasted. Not a big deal. Got out hating it, would not recommend that military crap to anyone.

My grandpa, he was a war veteran, he got shot in the face during WW2 in the front line. Barely survived. He didn't want to talk about it, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have recommended it either.

Difference is, I did it because I was young, dumb and thought it was the thing to do 'cause I didn't have much going on in life at that time.

He did it because he had to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH5aFfjjQUc

It don't mean nothing, not a thing.
BadTicket is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2020, 10:10 PM #19
TheMan13

TheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond reputeTheMan13 has a reputation beyond repute
There is a ton of vets here on ICMag. I'm not sure if some of us are taking @stickyunderwear a bit out of context here, whatever that context may be. We all remember being young, naive and dumb going through boot camp. There were always a certain % of our peers that just were not going to make it for a plethora reasons, regardless of the generation. They are actually the protagonists in some of our greatest war stories. Too be honest, there are a few of those cats floating around here ;-)~
TheMan13 is offline Quote

Old 11-16-2020, 01:35 PM #20
Sunshineinabag

Nothing sticky said was obtuse in fact it's truth........ I'm sure he has heard " but sarge I'm scared" before
Can we start a veteran ps4 world of tanks group so you guys can show me how to drive my MERIKA muscle tanks?