What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 31 for the Cheese

Changed water on both the LED and HPS grow, right after first feeding of the day.
pH adjusted the fresh tap water, and added nutrients to the res after the 2nd watering.
Flushing the pots and roots a bit, before I add my fresh nutrients to the mix.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.75

The pH useually drift up a bit over the first night, will take it down a bit if it's drifted higher then 5.85 pH tomorrow.

Tohici99 res
Ec 2.0
pH 5.74

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 32

The pH had drifted up to 5.95, so I lowered it a bit this morning.
Took my readings this evening, after last watering of the day.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.70

The seedlings are doing fine, the triplet is still alive and kicking.
Working on what looks like a small leaf, afraid to screw it over by moving it now.
If the big triplet starts to shade it out too much, I will bend it a bit.
But for now I think the shade is just fine, as long it don't really have much folia at all.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
She looks pretty tho, before the slaughter. Got 65 nice clones of her, im sure I could have found a few more.
But the rest was taken from younger moms, that still got a long way to go before they look like that. ^^

Almost filled my clone cabinet, but I didn't have many RW cubes left. So I would be able to fit more in there, if they all been in RW. 75 of them are in seedling pouches with soil, as that was what I had on hand and that will work too.
It's not ideal, for the later use in hydroton.
Im planing out a cloner for sponge cubes, as they cost a fraction of RW cubes.
Not sure they will work as hoped, but it's worth a try and I like the challange. After talking with another grower, who had poor results with sponge cubes. I figured out they where so cheap, id buy some just to see what they are.
Will prolly be 4-5 weeks before they arrive, but im not in a hurry atm. to make more clones.

140 Cheese clones in total.

On to the Cheese in the LED flower closet

It's day 33 and they are budding nicely, giving me hope that this isn't all for nothing.

Still not estimating anything, it's a test grow and im still not 100% done with the cabinets.
But things are not looking bad, the cabinets will support life :watchplant:
There will hopefully be time to do many grows in these cabinets, to get everything dialed in and get the yeald up.

The most important still is the quality of the buds, flavor and then we can look at yealds.

Topped the res a bit today

Ec 1.8
pH 5.81

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 34 - Tomorrow they are halfway there!

Didn't do anything today, the res seems very stabil for now.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.81

Things seems to be growing well atm.
Makes me a happy grower!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Tohici99 Day 64

Dunno what to say about em, I think I'll just let the pictures talk for them self.

The buds are lookin all right, lot's of foxtailing and loads of frostynes.
Just all clear headed trichomes, and a ton of cystolithic trichomes as well.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks for stopping by FrozenFire, really looking forward to see how these girls turn out in the end.

Day 37

Ec 1.9
pH 5.82

Spread out the big cheese plants in the HPS room even more, after moving the double potted runts.
I will start flushing the small ones now, running low on cured bud and I wanna know how much difference. The extra 3-4 weeks does for this strain, as all the pistils are red and buds are looking well ripe.
Just the trichomes have yet to turn amber

Ec 1.8
pH 5.60

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 39 for the Cheese

Ec 1.7
pH 6.24

Gonna drop the pH tomorrow, and raise the Ec back up to 1.8

The LED's are so far doing an okay job, at keeping up with the HPS.

LED

HPS

In the HPS room the haven't had the same early struggle, also the enviroment is very different atm.
Got the Dehumidifyre running 24/7, to prevent mold in the Tohici99's.
Keeping the RH around 37-50%

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Today the Gen2 1400 mA light died - 6 months + 2 days old.

Let's recap

It's 18 Ebay strips at 1.3$ - 23.4$ total + time soldering the removed resistors.

Heatsinkts and driver should still work fine, hoping it's just a matter of replacing the strips.

I still got the Strip COB's, I haven't tested yet.

Im impressed and this have only been a positive learning experiance, no doubt that if you have the money just buy the right stuff from the start.

Are you on a budget, this will work well enough and long enough that you will be able to grow a budget and replace it with something better.