What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amsterdam November 2017 get together

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
With all this uncertainty in Catalonia, and the possibility of some sort of civil war breaking out. It would probably be best to keep the cup in the Dam next year.

There wont be a civil war... The Catalans are non violent people and the 50% who oppose the separatists won't be fighting their brothers accross the street.

Speaking to people about the possible scenarios, our enemies will be far too busy with each other to mess with the club system. Even if Madrid takes over the regional government they cant really mess with the clubs as they are regulated more locally and they cant/won't be taking the councils over.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Catalans don't want violence, but Madrid doesn't seem to have the same idea as we saw on the day of the referendum, they were kicking ass, stomping and dragging people.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Because the referendum was illegal, had been banned, so Madrid put a stop to it physically.

It has zero relevance to a cannabis cup there in April.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
didnt say it had relevance to anything, just that Madrid will use violence to keep Catalan and that the last word hasn't been spoken yet as to the future status of Catalan.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant imagine what the future is for Barcelona but sure as hell dont want guardia civil on every corner kicking ass like in the early 80s,,,,
I never thought i would ever see Spanish Police pulling women down the stairs by there hair whilst booting them in 2017,,,,,,
Chaos, how long would the Catalans put up with that sort of shit?,,has the potential to get very naughty out there but i really,,really hope i am wrong,,love Spain and all its cities and its so sad as this could break up family and friends,,,,,s2

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's already breaking up families and friends, it's fucking terrible really, what right do they have to just decide to leave Spain? no country on earth will let that happen if they can avoid it. what are their grievances with the Spanish government? then we don't even have a majority for succession anyway according to polls. let us hope reason prevails and both sides agree to back down to the previous state of affairs. anyway, this won't effect the cannabis scene, not unless the weapons really do come out. like they did back in Kosovo. lets hope for the best.

B

bigganjabud

You talking about IC420 2018 big man? If so, I've not booked that far ahead!! Hahaha. Just for November :)

Yes zam my man tbh I'm supposed to be doing spannabis aswell

All expos and stuff in fact Europe wide apparently but I need to re take my test first

Also best wishes and positive thoughts to all the Spanish family and members

Namestae

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
it's already breaking up families and friends, it's fucking terrible really, what right do they have to just decide to leave Spain? no country on earth will let that happen if they can avoid it. what are their grievances with the Spanish government? then we don't even have a majority for succession anyway according to polls. let us hope reason prevails and both sides agree to back down to the previous state of affairs. anyway, this won't effect the cannabis scene, not unless the weapons really do come out. like they did back in Kosovo. lets hope for the best.

Yes, exactly, thats the thing that really shocked me, that Puigdemont has taken the "results" of an abortion and tried to claim that it is a mandate. For that, he must go to prison. There was a referendum, they lost 48/52 just 3 or 4 years ago, most people can see it is financial suicide, but with nasty little bigots constantly agitating problems between groups of people, it just gets nasty.

I have pointed out that the Italians went the other way 154 years ago, after centuries of wars, they created the United States of Italy... or the Rwandans who split and had some insane massacres... have managed to join together and repair the damage, whereas here the Catalans are still harping on about their glory days 500 years ago.

We dont know what is going to happen, nobody does, but the weed scene here really is just a tiny pawn in a bigger scenario, however, as a tiny pawn, it will not get directly messed with for a while. The locals are well aware of the % boost to the local GDP.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
we are still evaluating the situation Chaos.....no firm decision has yet been made mate.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i read today that Madrid has fired the president of Catalunya and the chief of police as well as the whole parliament of Catalan. apparently 2 of the top ranking officials involved in this effort of succession are hiding in Belgium asking for asylum, roflmao. one of them is the president, or now, ex president of Catalunya. they are charging the president with rebellion, apparently if convicted he's looking at over 20 years prison time. thats a bucket of ice cold water on their aspirations for sure. they are lucky they did Fridays vote on declaring independence anonymously, otherwise everyone of the parliament members that voted for succession could also be jailed for rebellion. those 50 that walked out without voting are safe, the 10 that voted against are probably ok too, the rest are looking at a uncertain future. who'd have thunk such a thing could happen in the middle of europe eh?

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
i read today that Madrid has fired the president of Catalunya and the chief of police as well as the whole parliament of Catalan. apparently 2 of the top ranking officials involved in this effort of succession are hiding in Belgium asking for asylum, roflmao. one of them is the president, or now, ex president of Catalunya. they are charging the president with rebellion, apparently if convicted he's looking at over 20 years prison time. thats a bucket of ice cold water on their aspirations for sure. they are lucky they did Fridays vote on declaring independence anonymously, otherwise everyone of the parliament members that voted for succession could also be jailed for rebellion. those 50 that walked out without voting are safe, the 10 that voted against are probably ok too, the rest are looking at a uncertain future. who'd have thunk such a thing could happen in the middle of europe eh?

It is shocking and daft, yes, and you are only seeing a part of the insanity.

However, it appears that talk of revolutions has been somewhat premature, overpriced beers and pickpockets still fill las ramblas and nobody burned down my favourite Pizza place, so all is well.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So le'ts all meet up in Amsterdam then and put some smoke in the air for our friends in beautiful Spain to come to their senses (those who might have lost it a bit).
CC

Dog Star

Veteran
No freedom whithouth spilling blood... they need to learn about Croatian history..

Puidgemont is like Fracesco Schettino,run away from his sinking ship...

not good for Catalunya freedom.. am sorry they haved such a vermin from president,

next time mine advice will be to found some warrior for president...

if they dont wish again to embaress Catalunya face...

this was pretty lame try to belive in democracy and freedom..

Have a great time in Adam,will love to come one day there and smoke joint with other
folks,Spanish and Catalunyan included... hope for good fight one day.. ;) LOL

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
yeah sounds good with spain and BCN that a good news if it be comes :)

much better food, better weather (beach), good herbs for the half price of dam :tiphat:

enjoy your time there guys:wave:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
would be useful to hear a decision while there is still time to make arrangements..

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah!
i'll be arriving friday evening, staying until sunday evening !
Very much looking forward to this hehehe

Latest posts

Latest posts