What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bowhunting

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
This year the bow season here will open two weeks earlier than it has in the past.
Here in September you are still swatting mosquitoes and greenheads and it can be 60-70 degrees.
If you bag a deer the blowflies will be on it instantly. Im not into flies all over my game and deer hunting in 70 degree weather just doesnt feel right.
They should have just let us hunt on Sundays if they wanted to give us more days .

Bwanabud

Can't hunt here on Sunday either, Blue Laws in effect....come on November rut :)

Just added a G5 Prime Rize to the herd, may let it eat this year instead of my usual line-up.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
They changed it so hunting on Sunday is ok here. I always wondered why that was to begin with. Do the deer go to church?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
They changed it so hunting on Sunday is ok here. I always wondered why that was to begin with. Do the deer go to church?

so-called "blue laws" (don't know why they are called that) used to (and in some places still do) limit what you can legally do on Sunday. bible-thumpers thought if you could not go hunting/fishing/drinking on Sunday, then you would go to church. sure am glad 7th Day Adventists did not push that idea as well, then saturdays would be fucked as well.
in Alabama, you can hunt on Sunday, but not within 1/2 mile of a church. ministers hated having a gun going off, and all the men talking "you reckon he got him?" :biggrin: it makes all of the henpecked husbands in there jealous because THEY didn't get to go that morning... :tiphat:

Bwanabud

1682 -- Pennsylvania enacts its first blue law
Pennsylvania put it's first blue law in place shortly after its founding as a colony by William Penn.

The law read: "Whoever does or performs any worldly employment or business whatsoever on the Lord's day, commonly called Sunday, works of necessity and charity only exempted, or uses or practices any game, hunting, shooting, sport or diversion whatsoever on the same day not authorized by law" is considered to be a law breaker.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
All I wanted to do was go hunting instead of going to church...

iur

armedoldhippy

Veteran
bow season sucking all of the air out of the state this year. i saw exactly 2 deer during archery season, no turkeys. saturday was opener of muzzleloader season, turkeys verboten. so, guess what strolled by? yup, 5 big gobblers. i'm not the only one not seeing @#$%, did not hear a single shot on opening weekend. this valley suffered a pretty significant die-off from "blue tongue" the last couple of summers though...:dunno:

Latest posts

Latest posts