What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump administration hints at ‘greater enforcement’ of marijuana laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS65

I don't see how Hillary would have done things any different. Was she in favor of legalizing?

- I am not supporting Trump. Just asking.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Lets get this thread back on track.

From what I've read it looks like the government clowns want to crack down on recreational cannabis, but not so much medical. I can understand the logic, even though any logic from government is absurd. History is a wonderful example of this. I really wonder how hard big pharma is pushing this issue as well. Lots of studies are coming out showing the benefits of cannabis and cbds.

If greater enforcement does happen I would assume cannabis would move back more to where it has always been - underground. If that is the case, then prices should increase some as producers get worried and shut down in fear of possible legal action against them.

I have also read that investors began dumping weed stocks the day the announcement was made.

-Funk

rolandomota

They should crack down on shit that will kill you the hypocrisy is astonishing but nothing new. Alcohol and tobacco kill more people than all other illegal drugs combined yet no one has a problem with those the bible endorses alcohol so its ok for you to drink if religion is your thing. Dont get me started with bible fairy tales.... and tobacco well i just dont get why that shits legal...maybe because it doesn't get you high and is highly addictive with no medicinal properties? What bullshit maybe if weed killed you and no one said it was medical it would be legal too

Phatcat3112

They should crack down on shit that will kill you the hypocrisy is astonishing but nothing new. Alcohol and tobacco kill more people than all other illegal drugs combined yet no one has a problem with those the bible endorses alcohol so its ok for you to drink if religion is your thing. Dont get me started with bible fairy tales.... and tobacco well i just dont get why that shits legal...maybe because it doesn't get you high and is highly addictive with no medicinal properties? What bullshit maybe if weed killed you and no one said it was medical it would be legal too

They will never crack down on alcohol and tobacco because those industries are giving money to our federal government. This isn't a war on drugs, its a war on personal freedom.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I don't see how Hillary would have done things any different. Was she in favor of legalizing?

Pretty much-

As president, Hillary will build on the important steps announced today by rescheduling marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II substance. She will also ensure Colorado, and other states that have enacted marijuana laws, can continue to serve as laboratories of democracy.”

http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/08/11/dea-rescheduling-marijuana-hillary-clinton/60849/

rolandomota

Weed can give them money too more money as a matter of fact so thats not the real reason i think its because it wont get you sick or kill you.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran

She is against legalization. There is too much money to be lost by her owners.

When I worked for AT&T I learned that they give 60% of money to candidate they think will win, and 40% to the other. No matter who wins the election, they win anything they want.

Jhhnn

Veteran
She is against legalization. There is too much money to be lost by her owners.

When I worked for AT&T I learned that they give 60% of money to candidate they think will win, and 40% to the other. No matter who wins the election, they win anything they want.

Funny what people believe. Your assertion runs contrary to what she's said & contrary to the 2016 Democratic platform.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e-dea/&usg=AFQjCNHRU47-yUy0bk_hi6KrJHG7PZnLbQ

She referred to legalized states as "laboratories of Democracy" more than once.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
What's really disappointing is that Obama had eight years to de-criminalize or at least re-schedule cannabis, and did nothing.

Jhhnn

Veteran
What's really disappointing is that Obama had eight years to de-criminalize or at least re-schedule cannabis, and did nothing.

What's disappointing is the desire to pin the slow pace of legalization on Obama when he did more for the cause than any president before him. The only other President who did anything positive wrt cannabis was Bill Clinton when he accepted MMJ in CA. Obama knew full well that accepting legalization in CO & WA would ultimately destroy prohibition & would lead to rapid legalization in more states because the incentives are right for more people than just consumers. Six states & DC have followed our lead in the intervening 4 years, something that sure as Hell wouldn't have happened had president Mitt quashed retail in CO & WA. The incentives for business, govt & taxpayers wouldn't be there.

Forced to choose, Obama & Holder came down on the right side of the issue. That needs to be acknowledged & praised.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran

You're absolutely correct. Having said that, I'm sure he didn't want to go down in history as the first black president to make marijuana legal.

It would have been a legacy that folks would use to demonize him even further decades and possibly centuries from now.

Everyone that was a racist d-bag already thought he was rolling up into the White House smoking blunts....throwing parties and drinking the purple.

There was absolutely NO way for him to fully legalize weed whilst in office. He did make it a non-priority to bust folks for most marijuana related things during his time in office however. IMHO he did enough positive stuff to merit a reprieve from the haters.

Now we've got a major ahole in the white house. Every single one of his cabinet picks makes the world a bit darker, a bit bleaker and a bit closer to a police state. It'll be a miracle if we come out of this with medical marijuana fully intact.

For those of you that aren't medical, I'd run for the F.U.C.K.I.N.G. hills and get underground right quick. You'll be the next mofos deported...with Spicer and Sessions laughing at you like funhouse clowns on a bad acid trip.

Whoever voted for Trump...thanks for destroying the world. You hated on an old white broad so much (like everyone and their mother was affected directly by Benghazi or her emails....LOL) that you enabled a crazy, off his rocker, despot to take power. Enjoy the bed you made, now sleep in it to the tune of less freedom, and less sanity. Good job!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auwpvAU2YA

hamstring

Veteran
Jeff Secessions is now going to reopen the public prisons. They will need more room to put the MJ smokers.
After finding out that public prisons were a joke and holding to many small time drug convictions Obama administration was closing this public prisons and letting some of these 3 strikes low level drug criminals and yes some of them were MJ convictions out of prison.

The Justice Department's plan to phase out its use of private prisons — the result of declining inmate populations and concerns about safety and security — ended this week without ever really taking effect.

The reason is a new administration that has called for a crackdown on what it sees as a rise in crime.

That crackdown could lead to more arrests, which in turn could result in more people in prison. Which, presumably, is why Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinded a six-month-old Obama administration directive that sought to curtail the government's use of private prisons.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Funny what people believe. Your assertion runs contrary to what she's said & contrary to the 2016 Democratic platform.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e-dea/&usg=AFQjCNHRU47-yUy0bk_hi6KrJHG7PZnLbQ

She referred to legalized states as "laboratories of Democracy" more than once.

Hiliary is a pathological liar, and says things she never intends to do. She is great at telling people what they want to hear, and then does the opposite. Many of her owners are large pharmaceutical companies, that will do anything in their power to stop legalization. She is a Democrat In Name Only.

Lawyers are liars, that is what they are trained to do.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/6/hillary-clintons-marijuana-legalization-stance-ali/

Status
Not open for further replies.