What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bayer Monsanto Merger Will Steal The Marijuana Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyManDude

"The recent takeover bid of U.S. Seed company Monsanto by German-based drug and crop chemical maker Bayer could mean the death of the infant marijuana industry and the birth of genetically modified corporate cannabis.

Marijuana industry insiders believe that the international corporation will destroy the industry, genetically modify the seeds and rob people of the diversity and natural benefits of cannabis.

Besides the health fears associated with GMOs, the company also plans to supply the necessary chemicals and fertilizers to attack marijuana seed breeders in the same way that Monsanto used RoundUp to attack farmers worldwide.

Bayer’s history includes making chemical weapons, providing material support (as part of the Farben group) for Hitler’s genocidal war crimes, using slave labor, and creating toxic and deadly products.

Bayer was the first company to mass produce and mass market heroin worldwide.

Monsanto has similarly made or contributed to the making of harmful products including saccharin, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), nuclear weapons, polystyrene, DDT, Agent Orange, RoundUp (glyphosate), bovine growth hormone (rGBH), Aspartame, GMOs, and dioxin.

Big Buds reports:

As you know from previous BigBudsMag.com articles, Monsanto makes poisons, GMOs, and other products proven to harm people and the environment.

Monsanto has a deep business partnership with Scotts Miracle-Gro, a convicted corporate criminal– and Scott’s Miracle-Gro is trying to take over the marijuana industry.

In the past two years, a Scotts Miracle-Gro front group purchased General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Gavita.

Scotts Miracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagadorn says he intends to spend as much as HALF A BILLION DOLLARS to buy out the cannabis industry.

Major hydroponics nutrients, lighting, soil, and other grow equipment manufacturers report they’ve also been offered takeover bids by Scotts Miracle-Gro or its “Hawthorne” front company.

One major hydroponics lighting manufacturer told BigBudsMag.com that Scotts Miracle-Gro wanted to buy most of their bulbs and sell them at Home Depot and other discount stores.

“They indicated they want to bypass hydroponics retail stores,” the hydroponics lighting rep told us. “When we said we won’t get in bed with them to hurt the hydro industry, they said, ‘Well, we could just buy your whole company like we did with Gavita and do whatever we want.’”

Maximum Yield Magazine, which bans marijuana hydroponics nutrients company Advanced Nutrients from its indoor gardening expo events, welcomed a Monsanto affiliate into its Boston gardening expo several years ago.

This despite the fact that Monsanto and Scotts Miracle-Gro have long been partners with the DEA to produce poisons used in the wars against marijuana and coca plants.

Bayer has a business partnership with GW Pharmaceuticals, a UK-based company that grows marijuana, extracts compounds from it, and then turns the compounds into pharmaceutical medicines.

Bayer is the licensed distributor for GW’s Sativex®, an expensive medical cannabis extract spray that patients say is less effective than growing and using their own buds.

Like Monsanto and Scotts Miracle-Gro, Bayer is a pathologically harmful corporation.

Bayer’s history includes making chemical weapons, providing material support (as part of the Farben group) for Hitler’s genocidal war crimes, using slave labor, and creating toxic and deadly products.

In 1898, Bayer trademarked the opiate diacetylmorphine, giving it the name heroin.

Bayer was the first company to mass produce and mass market heroin worldwide.

The company falsely claimed that heroin was great for children as a harmless curative for coughs and digestive disorders.

Monsanto has similarly made or contributed to the making of harmful products including saccharin, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), nuclear weapons, polystyrene, DDT, Agent Orange, RoundUp (glyphosate), bovine growth hormone (rGBH), Aspartame, GMOs, and dioxin.

When Monsanto is called out for creating harm to humans and the environment, the corporation responds with denials and propagandistic public relations campaigns, and attempts to intimidate its critics.

Michael Straumietis, founder and owner of hydroponics nutrients company Advanced Nutrients, has constantly warned the marijuana community about Monsanto, Scotts Miracle-Gro, GMO marijuana, and corporate takeover of the marijuana industry.

“Monsanto and Bayer have an agreement to share information about genetically modifying crops including cannabis,” Straumietis notes. “Bayer is partnered with GW Pharmaceuticals, which grows its own proprietary marijuana genetics. You can bet Monsanto and Bayer are interested in creating GMO marijuana.”

Several years ago, Straumietis reports, billionaire investor George Soros, who owns 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock, worked behind the scenes via a “public interest” front group to legalize cannabis research in Uruguay.

Straumietis says South American governmental insiders report that Monsanto is working there on genetically-modified cannabis, along with pharmaceuticalizing THC, other cannabinoids, and terpenoids."

Let me ask you fellow growers this: Are you to support this? Personally, I will never buy anything from Scotts, General Hydroponics, Botanicare, Gavita, Monsanto or Bayer.

there are plenty of alternatives for nutrients and lights, people. This corporate bullshit is evil. They will force us to forever be underground. Fight for your freedom. Stop buying products from these companies.

This article is from this page: hxxp://yournewswire.com/bayer-monsanto-merger-will-steal-the-marijuana-industry/

Last edited by a moderator:
3cd8a33a.png

GuyManDude

after doing more research last night, GW Pharmaceuticals is in on this shit too.

and here's who owns GW Pharma: http://ir.gwpharm.com/advisers.cfm

and those of you still burying your heads in the sand this is what that means:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N_M_Rothschild_&_Sons

The Rothschilds account for over $500 trillion. Yes that's with a T. That's about how much they are worth. They own the central bank in every country of the world except maybe 3 or 4. I know North Korea and some other 3rd world places. After we went into Iraq and Afghanistan, they were able to establish their banks there. These are the people who hold the strings on our puppet politicians.

the state of NY partnered with GW Pharma for it's medical cannabis.
http://www.pharmaceutical-technology...icine-4359924/

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/06/0...ilepsy-trials/

so here's the Medical Cannabis laws of NY: http://norml.org/legal/item/new-york...-marijuana-law

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulation...ear_report.pdf

patients cannot grow their own meds. They cannot smoke their meds. There will be only 5 producers of medical cannabis state wide and 20 dispensaries. It's all being handed over to big corporations and the Rothschilds will have a major hand in the industry.

We, the real growers will not be allowed to start businesses. It's all getting handed over to whomever lines politicians pockets and that is big corporations.

If this Bayer acquisition of Monsanto goes through, we will be prosecuted more harshly, because we will then be keeping money out of the hands of these big corporations.

get it?

raven44

Oh ya, it's been legalized alright.

I've told people this and they said, "I'm just gonna keep using general hydro.. "

even tho Monsanto owns them now and the products are crap to begin with

Some people really just do not care.

They've prob got humans altered to the point that the majority doesn't care about life

They've got us all living dead

Mystic Funk

After reading stuff like this it make me think that cannabis is better off being illegal. that way at least if we can't have it nether can they.
This world is so corrupt! and it's all fueled by greed. they want all or nothing.....

peace!
-mystic

Gry

I do not know with certainty that monsanto is dealing with cannabis. I have no problem at all believing that they are evil bastards that mean no one any good.

GuyManDude

wow, the links in the second post i made are not working. The NY state health page is nowhere to be found.

that's very very strange

GuyManDude

After reading stuff like this it make me think that cannabis is better off being illegal. that way at least if we can't have it nether can they.
This world is so corrupt! and it's all fueled by greed. they want all or nothing.....

peace!
-mystic

I honestly don't think it would be a bad thing. Legal weed will drive prices down to the rock bottom - $20 ounces. The little guy won't be able to grow their own or make a living doing it unless they have a huge op.

I live next to Colorado. The influx of absolute garbage getting dumped on us is ridiculously bad quality and very cheap. It's becoming the new mexican brick. It's still driving local prices down and that's hurting the local growers.

Slipnot

Actually if you think about monsanto could give 2 fucks about marijuana .. In all honesty,
If anything they would go after the Hemp industry which is million times more valuable..
I would worry about Bayer

geneva_sativa

You said too much and now comes the black helicopters. Hide. :peek:

:biggrin:

Sometimes I wonder. . .

I remember a guy that posted a study showing strong connection between Statin use and Alzheimer's

Six months later I typed in the same search, and nada. . . had been buried beyond any chance of random searchers to find it.

But guess what I did find ? Lots and lots of articles claiming the exact opposite, that Statins supposedly cure Alzheimer's . . .

Strange world indeed

bluntmassa

I think y'all are overly scared of Monsanto. You can buy non GMO seeds you can buy heritage lines. Shantibaba ain't going anywhere with all them old school lines even if they lock him up I believe I heard he has a son working the family business and keeps parent stock in Sec countries. All the Dutch and Spanish breeder ain't going anywhere let alone the American breeders that are breeding like rabbits. Lol

Monsanto may make some shit but I ain't buying nobody wants GMO foods who the fuck wants GMO herb? I want organic pesticide free that tastes great I don't give a fuck if I need to take 4-5 hits extra to get blazed if it tastes great it's a pleasure. What is Monsanto you to do anyway? Breed golf ball sized trichomes? Please. Lol

bluntmassa

peace!
-mystic

I'd say the opposite everyone should be able to have it so it should be legal.

I would give seeds for free if it was legal all you would need to do is ask I don't really believe in charging for seeds I give them away to friends all the time legalization won't change much. I might start selling seeds but I would not charge much you produce more seeds from a cannon plant than a tomato plant.

raven44

I do not see the price being driven down. Not in my book.

Nothing good is coming from so called legalization. I was anti legalization from day one.

Say goodbye to medical cannabis. Say hello to monopolized cannabis and monopolized cannabis products that suck and are very low quality.

Such a sad sad story. And people are into it and reaping profits right along with them.. and thinking they're doing something good... ignorance.

GuyManDude

My seed stock spams decades..........Fuk them. It will not affect me and my friends

oh but it could. Say Monsanto has proprietary strains of cannabis. Gmo, if you will. They set their sites on you to eliminate you as regional or local competition. They buy some of your bud. Test the DNA and compare it with theirs. If the DNA from theirs is close to yours, I guarantee you you''ll be in court being sued for using genetics where they own the patents. Even if it's plausible that you could win in court, do you have the millions in legal (lawyer) fees to put up the fight?

it's becoming more of a reality than many want to realize.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/mon...in-of-marijuana/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm

Slipnot

Monsanto has been debunked thousands of times They have the terminator gene well USA has Nukes does it mean they use it in every conflict ..
Monsanto for the bad they have done they also have done good

You got to remember one thing sure they made agent orange ( a Contractor given the recipe from the Government ) but there bad.. what about the other companies like Syngenta , or Bayer ??? not much shit spamming on them.

But there just as Guilty , lets break this all down we take 2 polar opposites breed them which would never meet in the wild is this not some sort of genetic modifying in a sense of course it is.
We introduced to strains that would never meet naturally well maybe in another 100 billion years when plated might collide to each other,

Only thing different is these companies work with bacteria cultures and bacteria splicing etc sure its not thinkable in our eyes

but it also happens naturally in a sense bacteria or insect that is a carrier of a disease bites you ??? or infects a plant ???

But like most people believe what there told from Cnn or fox news so it must be true right ????

Wrongs its propaganda plain n simple and your the disease spreading it

With more n more farm land being lost daily due to natural causes Farmers retiring faster then farmers coming in economy so bad that banks do not even look at you if you wanted to buy into a farm ??? and the ones that do ?? Fail miserably, and are bankrupt with in a few years.

And everyone thinks Monsanto is bad Give it a rest already now one mentions hey guess what i do not need to spray poisons as much as i used to. less nutrient leaching contaminating our drinking waters etc they have made a huge impact in the farming industry.
farmers are making more profiting more keeping prices down in the markets etc for you
But you got to shit on the farmers using GMO seeds

Like i said before personally Monsanto gives a shit about marijuana plants there interests i think would be in the hemp industry million times more valuable and sustainable

Todays Fruits and vegetables have been modified don't kid your self

some old banana's and Watermelons have they been modified since 17th century ????

Attachments

• 17th century.jpg
    17th century.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 16
  • watermelon2.jpg
    watermelon2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 29
  • early bannana.jpg
    early bannana.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 12
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg