What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diamond Series XML - 10W CREE XML grow

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Since you want to get all "yer daddys HPS" about it, LOL, here's some truth for you - my 2K HPS tent produces 2+ pounds every single month of AAA nugs - when you have an LED that can do the same with 2000 watts, go ahead and show us, but right now it doesn't exist and you know it.

And because you asked, I'll fill you in - I use LED in veg and will shortly use LED to supplement a plasma flowering chamber. I also defend LED technology among my peers and here in our chat room on the regular.

What I cannot defend is some sketchy manufacturer loading up their site with obviously fake reviews that read more like a sales brochure than legitimate feedback. When I see that, ima call it out for my peers every time.

You and grow_wrong can get your panties twisted because I called out the manufacturer of your precious lights for their obvious behavior if you'd like - trust I don't care about the opinion of people who defend sleazy companies.
ur on here talkin down on peoples buds when ya dont even get more than 1 per 1000w...........classic.

How are they shady? Did they do you wrong in some way? who doesnt have some fake reviews...not sayin they are fake or not, but the reviews are not how you judve a product.....its the product that speaks for itself...all ur crying is not cared for in this thread obviously. Reviews? Seriously ....thats all you got to cry about this company. You must work for another led company or have a friend that does.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow, I thought I wrinkle some feathers..

lets just say this,, the guy is testing a light, this is good.. thanks

anything for the advancement of LED is good for all of us..

I'm also not one to get into debate about watts/ grams.. as long as everyone is having fun, that's all that matters

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ur on here talkin down on peoples buds when ya dont even get more than 1 per 1000w...........classic.

How are they shady? Did they do you wrong in some way? who doesnt have some fake reviews...not sayin they are fake or not, but the reviews are not how you judve a product.....its the product that speaks for itself...all ur crying is not cared for in this thread obviously. Reviews? Seriously ....thats all you got to cry about this company. You must work for another led company or have a friend that does.

Can you read? Says 2+ not 2 or less. Classic indeed.

Secondly, no, not every company has their site filled with fake reviews. It's sad that you justify their bullshit by acting like everyone does it, and that you have to convince yourself I have something to do with an LED company to dismiss me calling their bullshit out.

anything for the advancement of LED is good for all of us..

I believe manufacturers with sites full of sketchy reviews are actually bad for the adoption of LED technology. That kind of stuff turns off serious growers who can see through it, and sets up those who can't to be disappointed.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
ahhhhh every month....my bad. Still i dont think anyone on here goes by manufacturer reviews, thats what this site is for...to test em out an show everyone if they are good or bad......the ole proof is in the pudding.

Phychotron

For me, doing business with advanced was actually a pleasant and reassuring experience. Even though it is an expensive light, cost was not the driving factor for the light. You get more than just the light when you deal with a company that takes customer satisfaction serious.

My brother ordered a bunch of lights from them and had some connection issues with his 740 extreme flower (largest buds I've ever seen btw). They sent him out new ballasts before testing it. I just had to open it up and re-plug the led's to the ballast, as they suspect was the problem. They said about 5 or 10 % of the lamps were having that plug issue, but they still sent out the ballasts, overnight shipping, just in case. Then when he ordered a bunch of 100DS and a fan went out on one of them they sent the new one before he sent the broken one back.

Compare that to when my blackstar 500 had a row of lights go out, it was still under its 1yr warranty, just barely tho. I had to send it to them, then they got it, then they took a few days to send the replacements (i paid another $20 to get two 240's instead) ground shipping. I was without that light for a few weeks. I used the slowest shipping method because I thought gotham might take my word and tracking number on good faith, but what was I thinking.

As for wattage, using 1064 watts (actual) of LED gave me 29oz in an area roughly 5'x6', but would have been more had I let the plants mature past 10 weeks. many different types and heights made it a bitch, but the nugs all came out well. I'm still trying to refine my operation to reach a few optimums, as well as plant selecting at the moment, but it is possible to get good amounts of bud if that's your thing. I'm still a novice grower, but have never had an issue with growing high quality buds.

Your setup sounds highly refined and probably oriented around your lights. Do you use an A/C? if so tack that wattage directly onto lighting, since its often a requirement of operating the lamp. Its hard for people who have such a refined setup to switch it up to LED since they have to reformulate other things, such as scrog instead of large bushes, or other factors.

I understand your skepticism in the LED market, but they do sell good fixtures. I was a bit hesitant to order because of the reviews, but after seeing what my brothers plants looked like I had no issues dropping $1000 on one of their fixtures.

Experience is a bitch, it's easy to say "yea right, nobody in the LED market can have this good of ratings" having never used the light, sure, but when you've used the light and it works great, you can see why it gets such reviews.

If you want to continue the discussion about the shadiness of a company you've never done business with, please at least find some forums/posts that say they are disappointed with their lights from them. They should be out there in huge numbers by the way you make it sound.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what am i not getting lol. i dont read reviews on companys websites...only on here where WE test them an make a judgement from real trial an error.

Hmmm, can your computer not display the plus symbol used in whatever font icmag is shown in?

Says 2 plus in both posts, so saying I get 2 or more. Man, I hit around 2 a month when I run low yielders for the head, good bit more when its a tent full of Casey Jones or hitters like that. Not here to blah blah about yield though, just had to rub it in a bit since dude was acting snooty about the HPS thing like that's all I use or care about, hehe.

And yeah man, I don't read reviews much myself, I just find it really shady when one vendor's site has so many that are questionable. Think that is worth mentioning to my peers who might not bother to look and thus not even realize they are dealing with a vendor who I believe uses shady marketing methods.

Didn't mean to turn this thread upside down with negativity, just had to call that bs out real quick. Ya'll boys carry on, my piece is more than said here. :wave:

my 2K HPS tent produces 2+ pounds every single month of AAA nugs

2k/2lbs = 1lbs per k. what strains finishes in 4 weeks with rock hard buds? since you are superior to everyone else, perhaps you can spread around those 4 week finishing seeds. not everyone cares about your mega grow. some people are for "personal" growing.

just had a look at your gallery jangles, ask me if i was impressed.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2k/2lbs = 1lbs per k. what strains finishes in 4 weeks with rock hard buds? since you are superior to everyone else, perhaps you can spread around those 4 week finishing seeds. not everyone cares about your mega grow. some people are for "personal" growing.

just had a look at your gallery jangles, ask me if i was impressed.

I only harvest 1 light each month, so yes, 2+ per light as I said. Way to play Sherlock Holmes and fail completely, hehe.

Thanks for stopping by my gallery, hope you enjoyed some of my award winning photography!

Socrates

All right all right, e-peens away already, nice buds all around. Lets get this thread back on track. How are the plants doing, grow_right?

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and NO, i was not impressed.

so really you harvest a 1k lamp per 8 weeks. makes you harvest even less.

Facepalm.gif

one Q

Quality
Veteran
why the fk man. this is so dumb. thread down in flames over nothing. can we get back on track for us that want to read info and not girl talk

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
no shit lol, dont get discouraged bro...bring on the pics...im actually lookin into ur light at the moment....how much coverage do you think it can handle total?

Latest posts

Latest posts