What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Lightstorm

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Root rot eh? oh well, you live and learn. I guess more perlite next time huh. Mushroom compost is no good in my opinion anyway. lol I actually use this Tasmanian compost made from fish and pine bark - thats good stuff, very rich almost black and it smells strong like organic funk. I am surprised the Bio-bugs didnt prevent the pythum from getting a hold. At least now you know what the problem was. I bet the massive amounts of deep red/purple bud will make you feel a bit better.

be sure to post some pics of the dried buds - I wanna see some close-ups too!

Rattrap

Hey Ezra,
What was the name of that tassie compost u like? I'm in Tas so i should be able to get some. I'll post some final bud pics when they are done, don't know about the close ups tho, my poor lil dig camera ain't up to it. lol.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
The compost I use is called Ocean Blend. I get it from Peter Bennet's (author of Organic Gardening book - an aussie classic) organic shop in Adelaide. It is on the pricey side at 15 bucks AUD per 25 litre bag. But probably worth it. From what I have read mushroom compost is of very variable composition, and variable ph etc. It is basically a waste product from the mushroom industry. There may be some good sources out there but I dont have the means to do my own analysis, so I stay away from it.

good luck

purplebud1

Hello everyone... It's been a long time since my last picture update! :) So here we go, Lightstorm after 15 days of 12/12. These plants were stressed a lot (garden relocation), this is why they stretched more than usual.

I will update in the coming weeks in case you want to see more purple eye candy.

take care,
purple

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
hey dudes!

nice to see ya PB1, good pics!! :D

here is a pic from mine and my friend's grow. not sure exactly which are the LS or STxLS, but most of the plants are from ya mate. others are MOD's Arjan's Haze crosses.

peace :joint:

GPB! Hows it going. Hope things are going well. You might just get to see pics of a LS grown in the great outdoors in a few weeks ;) !!!!

BTW should I get a vapezilla or a volcano vape?

mojo42006

here is Sweet Tooth#3 X Lightstorm which i bought on seedbay a year ago. I had a problem germinating them i germed 6 and only 1 popped up and lucky for me it was a female. :woohoo: she has been flowering for 21 days now, i got lucky to get the purple pheno. I was wondering how long she takes to flower??

kingspade

i didn't really read all of this thread, so i apologize if this has already come up.

i bought a pack of lightstorm when they first came out. i'm wondering if there's a demand for them right now. like i said, i didn't read this whole thread, so i don't know if GPB is making more of not. if there is an interest for these seeds, i could put them on seedbay if people are indeed interested in picking up some of these. i doubt i would put my remaining eight up for sale, maybe 4 or 5.

let me know if it's worth my time putting them on seedbay or not, i'd hate to go through all that and have them not sell.

G

your gonna put 4 seeds up on seedbay???

I just popped a few ls x swt. Had to destroy last set up.. so im starting over.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
GPB has opened the online seed shop now on his home site. www.purplecannabis.net The SWT#3 x LS is on sale for $50 USD and at the moment he has in stock a few packs of LS bx1 for $70 USD per pack. LS IBL is not in stock. I think GPB had some issues with the genetics from the IBL becoming too inbred from relatively low selection numbers. I think the IBL was becoming very susceptible to defficiency. He is now working on back crossing to the original F1 mother.

kingspade

closet funk - i planned on keeping a few, i have 8 left, so if i got rid of 4 or 5 of them, i know i'm risking it, but i think i could get a decent mother out of the last 3 or 4...

jayroach - yea, 4 or 5 seeds on seedbay...i've seen it done...and like i said above, with 4 or 5 seeds, you could get a good mother out of that