What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(CLEAR PICS)Leaf necrosis on lower fans, spreading from middle out - WTF?

tempes~tos

Anyone please chime in here.
My girls are 3 weeks into flower.

Soil: Roots Organic
PH of feedings: 6.4
Nutes: FoxFarm Grow Big, Big Bug, Tiger Bloom at 115-180ppm
Tent: 4x2
Light: LED 680w

I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. I thought they were hungry, but now that doesn't seem to be the case after I upped the doses, and its still progressing.

The lower leaves start by going a bit yellow on the center leaf of the fan leaf. Then a spot of necrosis appears, then the whole leaf dies.

FIRST STAGE:
attachment.php

SECOND:
attachment.php

THIRD:
attachment.php

Overall, they still appear somewhat healthy on top.
attachment.php

any idea what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_160020.jpg
    IMG_20170520_160020.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20170520_160035.jpg
    IMG_20170520_160035.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20170520_160103.jpg
    IMG_20170520_160103.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Plants can and will cannibalize lower fan leaves that aren't getting much light from above. Those fan leaves that don't get enough light lower down aren't doing anything for the plant so it just disposes of them as it sees fit. I wouldn't worry about it for now. If it continues to creep up the plant and affect the upper canopy and bud site is when you should worry. :2cents:

tempes~tos

OK, maybe I am over thinking things haha.
Thanks for the reply! I will stop freaking out and smoke a j :laughing:

much obliged sir :tiphat:

tempes~tos

OK, so things are going pretty well, but I have noticed that this yellowing is now appearing higher up on Queenie. (my only Querkle female)
Is she hungry?
Shes the only plant really showing this

attachment.php

She gets fed pretty often with Foxfarm Tiger Bloom at about ~110 PPM
Only recently did she get switched to Tiger Bloom, before it was Grow big at a similar strength

could she be hungry? It doesnt seem likely to me..

Attachments

• 18834484_10211706036500916_852540747_n.jpg
    18834484_10211706036500916_852540747_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 3

tempes~tos

Hi Dog Star,
Thanks for your reply.
I should have mentioned that she does get Earth Juice Cal-N-Mag about once every 2 weeks.
Do you think I need to up the dosage?

Dog Star

Veteran
Plant look green enough,if you feed her regulary with cal-mag then there is no need to add more.. also if you come close to a end of flowering some leafes go pale or exchange colour and its a normal thing,nothing to worry..

Kind regards

oldbootz

Veteran
Plants can and will cannibalize lower fan leaves that aren't getting much light from above. Those fan leaves that don't get enough light lower down aren't doing anything for the plant so it just disposes of them as it sees fit. I wouldn't worry about it for now. If it continues to creep up the plant and affect the upper canopy and bud site is when you should worry. :2cents:

^^ was going to say the same thing