What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

first grow in canna coco seeds dying

GonjaLove

Pics would help but...a t5 is imo the best light for starting seeds. By the sound of it you have the lights too far above the plants. Are they in 3 gal pots? If so that's way too big to start. Mine go from rapid rooters to solo cups to final pots which is usually 2 gallon sometimes 3 but never bigger for indoor. You'd be surprised the size of a plant you can grow in 2 gal pots of coco. Try to get some pics

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I assume you are feeding them ...how much of what

What colour are they?

F

FreeUrMind

Hey Bush Dr I was told not too feed them yet. There light green.going to feed them tomorrow
EC 0.6 sorry no pics yet..

Sorceror

Heads formula 6micro 9bloom per gallon works good for me. I only use 1/3 dose for seedlings/small plants.

Overwatering may be the reason for dampening off.

soundman

Without pics its hard to tell.

It sounds like you need to feed them. I also start directly into 3 gallon pots. Goes against most folks way but works for me over 25 years. Two gallon pots will need to be watered several times a day when the plant is bigger. Three gallon pots will allow for once a day watering, when established, and then twice a day late in flower. I hand water DTW so twice a day is the most I can do without getting up in the middle of the night. Seedling get watered every two to three days. That is only for a week or so.

Post a pic if you can.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
coco is perfect for seeds ,,pre charge the coco ec1 ph 5.5 and thats it ,,i've done hundreds its not the cocos fault

hazyfontazy

Veteran
p.s change grow shops ,,cause advising a new grower to use gh 3 part is silly ,they should have told you to use root riots which are fool proof ,as for food try ionic or canna coco food

hazyfontazy

Veteran
The shop sold me gh grow bloom micro.great white.roots excel.Regan a root.ecothrive charge & offerd me more stuff but i was skint...whats a good shop in the uk i could use...

great white and eco do the same thing and so does roots excell and regen a root,,

if you havent opened the gh etc ,,take it back and ask for canna coco ,rhizotonic and pk boost ...thats all you need then go online and use the canna calcualtor ,,easy peasy ..

or you couldve gone to poundland and got their coco for less than a tenner ,,cut your teeth so to speak

as for grow shops ,,research what you need on here then go to fleabay
:tiphat:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Gh works as good if not better then canna especially in veg canna is lower in nitrogen , nuthin wrong with the nutes except the grow is useless except in true hydro applications... I've grown in coco 10yrs+ tried tons of nutes n combos n differences were negligible, 6micro 9bloom per gallon then cut it with pure water down to 2-300 ppm n good to go... Nutrient brand in coco doesn't matter much.. With additives less is more the more products a company sells the less I consider using them...

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Gh works as good if not better then canna especially in veg canna is lower in nitrogen , nuthin wrong with the nutes except the grow is useless except in true hydro applications... I've grown in coco 10yrs+ tried tons of nutes n combos n differences were negligible, 6micro 9bloom per gallon then cut it with pure water down to 2-300 ppm n good to go... Nutrient brand in coco doesn't matter much.. With additives less is more the more products a company sells the less I consider using them...

never said it was no good i said it was probably not a good idea for a beginner to us it :tiphat:

GonjaLove

Hydro shops will sell a new grower dog shit and tell you it's amazing and you'll grow a+++ buds with it. They see you coming a mile away. Take advice from people on this forum. Way better off bro.