What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Poverty breeds crime.

Cops in some states can and do confiscate any cash they find on you or your vehicle and just say "I suspect it's drug money". That's it, you lose it. It can take years to get it back. I'm surprised cops don't get fragged for it.

In Ecuador some traffic cops threaten you with jail unless you hand over money on the spot. I put on a Russian accent when I talk to cops and they always wave me through. Russians will go after their families if they fuck with them.

Mengsk

Guns are bad I don't like them. I don't like hunting. Unfortunately I do not feel safe with our government. Dank.Frank is correct right on the money. When people talk about gun ownership, I'm not sure it occurs to everyone the same way. Yes it is scary to think of a bad guy with a gun. Mostly cops, and people worried about being shot, and/or worried about shooting people carry guns. Many people carry guns and think of themselves as good guys. People also carry guns in self defense, so it is not enough to judge someone's character or anything based on whether they carry a gun alone.

In the US it is worthwhile to look at who has been arrested for guns. By income level or ethnic or racial group or class. When people make the criminals and guns argument, what about a child refugee of a war torn country, or a child who has been through several foster homes. What is the likelihood that someone like that will be able to afford or obtain a "legal" registered gun, compared to finding or being given one or not passing a background check or being deemed a "criminal" for one reason or another? In other words it isn't right to blame someone for their circumstance meaning how they might have acquired a gun. Because it is on shaky ground in my opinion that any government assigns who is and isn't allowed to own and which firearms can be confiscated and which people can be imprisoned. If someone lives on a rural property and grew up with rifles and guns for hunting animals, what relation does that have whatsoever to people carrying guns in cities? This really is another compounded issue (selling weed for an income, arming yourself for protection) or example of attack on the poor. This only works if you trick people into thinking they aren't safe, or hire people to physically harass and threaten them, something like that but I don't want to get carried away on a rant.

Last edited:

CowboyTed

Misleading headline. Then hijacked. Then opinions about what I was taught was a "LIVING DOCUMENT". But arguing anyway. Personal attacks. GARBAGE. I'm so Audi 5000.

Hmmm.. . I guess I don't get the metaphor. But being a former Audi 4000/5000/Coupe driver, I'm curious. :tumbleweed: What does that mean?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"He's out of here, quick" - is essentially what he's saying. The conversation has devolved to a point in which he doesn't feel like contributing to it.

dank.Frank

Have you even read the constitution of the US of A. I sincerely feel pity for anyone to be so brainwashed as to vomit the above trash onto a screen.

I'm sorry you feel so threatened by someone exercising their rights while engaging in an activity that should have never been deemed illegal in the first place.

Gun ownership is paramount to ensuring our freedoms in this nation. It's bad enough cops can murder who ever they want for any reason they want

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjugated races to possess arms." -Adolf Hitler
the SS didnt carry guns......

and cops are awfully bad at murdering people if they left their guns in a safe

:tiphat: