What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did Mexico Just Legalize Pot?

therevverend

Veteran
i'd like to see Mexican growers start growing middle eastern strains intended for hashish. easier to smuggle bricks of hash than a truck loaded with weed.

From what I hear they're already growing modern Afghani genetics just like here in the states. I don't think the learning curve is there. Remember Sinaloa, the Mexican grower who posts pictures here from time to time? He had beautiful hashplant type strains plus some old school Mex stuff.

I tried to tell him when he was bitching about getting $20 a pound to turn his crop into hashish. Easier to transport and make more $. He said he didn't have time to play with his weed. Either he misunderstood me, thought I was talking about making it for personal, or thought it was a waste of time. I think that goes for most Mex growers.

Improvements have been tried. My buddy knew some Mexican growers. Came down from California, set them up. They grew amazing Northern California strains, had an awesome crop. He went back up to Cali to wait for it. When they got it over the border to him they'd ruined it. Bricked it all up. And they wanted California Sinsemilla prices.

Because cartels murder the competition that's why it ain't like usa in Mexico.

Not if it's legal you can't kill everyone. If everyone has 15 or 20 plants in their backyard what can they do? The reason they control the industry is because pounds go for $20 wholesale. To make the real $$ you need to grow thousands of plants. To pull that off you need backing and protection. The competition they kill is other groups trying to do the same thing they do.

When you're growing on a small scale you don't have to brick hundreds of pounds. You can grow small high quality crops. The quality of cannabis will improve, you'll see brand name strains and medical strains, it'll be like it is in California. There won't be a reason to get cannabis from cartels.

From what I hear they're already growing modern Afghani genetics just like here in the states. I don't think the learning curve is there. Remember Sinaloa, the Mexican grower who posts pictures here from time to time? He had beautiful hashplant type strains plus some old school Mex stuff.

I tried to tell him when he was bitching about getting $20 a pound to turn his crop into hashish. Easier to transport and make more $. He said he didn't have time to play with his weed. Either he misunderstood me, thought I was talking about making it for personal, or thought it was a waste of time. I think that goes for most Mex growers.

Improvements have been tried. My buddy knew some Mexican growers. Came down from California, set them up. They grew amazing Northern California strains, had an awesome crop. He went back up to Cali to wait for it. When they got it over the border to him they'd ruined it. Bricked it all up. And they wanted California Sinsemilla prices.

Not if it's legal you can't kill everyone. If everyone has 15 or 20 plants in their backyard what can they do? The reason they control the industry is because pounds go for $20 wholesale. To make the real $$ you need to grow thousands of plants. To pull that off you need backing and protection. The competition they kill is other groups trying to do the same thing they do.

When you're growing on a small scale you don't have to brick hundreds of pounds. You can grow small high quality crops. The quality of cannabis will improve, you'll see brand name strains and medical strains, it'll be like it is in California. There won't be a reason to get cannabis from cartels.

It’s because they do have fields of it growing and it’s easier to just chop and ship. Yea if he would have made hash definitely would have never looked back I would have assumed.

It’s easier to ship “blocks” of weed that’s pressed that are multiple # rather then less # that is the same size. You have to remember there into mass distribution.

Your right and wrong. I think once they find a way to actually ship it with out pressing it they will have it like the old days. Someone who really wants to make money will find a way to. And it is going to help that it’s going to be industrial like here so

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It’s because they do have fields of it growing and it’s easier to just chop and ship. Yea if he would have made hash definitely would have never looked back I would have assumed.

It’s easier to ship “blocks” of weed that’s pressed that are multiple # rather then less # that is the same size. You have to remember there into mass distribution.

Your right and wrong. I think once they find a way to actually ship it with out pressing it they will have it like the old days. Someone who really wants to make money will find a way to. And it is going to help that it’s going to be industrial like here so

When I lived in Pueblo we would get pressed in all shapes and sizes. Most common was about the size of a shoebox and about 3 or 4 inches thick. Wrapped in several layers of packing tape and saran wrap. But we also saw stuff half as compressed. Usually the better stuff, although being less mashed was not a sure indicator of quality. I have heard people say lightly packing makes for a better more even cure. Which makes sense. Even more when dealing with tons.

When I lived in Pueblo we would get pressed in all shapes and sizes. Most common was about the size of a shoebox and about 3 or 4 inches thick. Wrapped in several layers of packing tape and saran wrap. But we also saw stuff half as compressed. Usually the better stuff, although being less mashed was not a sure indicator of quality. I have heard people say lightly packing makes for a better more even cure. Which makes sense. Even more when dealing with tons.
I agree more lightly press would allow it to “fluff” back up and not be so pressed and we almost always seen it in smaller bundles for the fact to fluff back up and be sold at a higher price. We sometimes had some good stuff that’s was pressed tightly just rather not have it pressed so tight it damn near presses out the thc

armedoldhippy

Veteran
latest on 'net says a bill to legalize is being introduced in Mexican Senate. i can't afford to retire here in states. with my pitiful SS check, i would be fairly well off in lots of Mexico. hmmmm... visions of Shawshank movie ending running through my head...:tiphat:

G

GatorGumbo

This decision probably won't have an effect on the cartels one way or the other. It doesn't legalize commercial production of cannabis. Huge commercial operations will probably remain illegal unless the government starts handing out licenses. That'll be up to the Mexican senate and I have a feeling there will be a lot of opposition to it.

If they do approve licenses as corrupt as Mexico is I'd imagine cartels will funnel legitimate commercial cannabis to the black market. But they're already doing that, growing large commercial operations with the okay from corrupt government officials. The cartels can and always have grown as much ganja as they want.

The problem is finding a market for it. I haven't seen Mex in 20 years and even then it was rare. I guess Texas, the midwest, and southern states might still have it but I'd think brickweed is close to extinct. There's so much coming out of Cali and Oregon it has to have replaced the foreign import market. The cartels make their money from coke, meth, etc.

Of course the cartels produce a great deal of the cannabis consumed in Mexico and this is where they're going to lose. If anyone can grow personal why wouldn't they grow their own or at least buy it from a friend or neighbor instead of the cartels. It's one of the many reasons this is great news for the Mexican people.

You make good points here. I sometimes forget that we have states that grow like mad now and the US isn't a captive market for ganja anymore.

rolandomota

I wouldn't grow in Mexico even if legal because I don't want to get murdered. 100 or more people get executed in my neighbor Mexican city every month and that's on a slow month fuck that shit and that's just one city

I wouldn't grow in Mexico even if legal because I don't want to get murdered. 100 or more get blasted in my neighbor Mexican city every month and that's on a slow month fuck that shit I'm not stupid

I would have to agree they way the cartels are even if you had protection from one to grow for would still make a target for another cartel