What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSO experiences

Mengsk

No experience with RSO per se though I'll share 2c. As an otherwise healthy person albeit under some psychological stress, I started using cannabis again against the impression that culture's stigma had left on me. In other words, I had come to believe that cannabis contributed to x bad thing - lack of motivation, loss of brain cells, etc (what I am now narrowing down to likely smoking tobacco wraps as being the only physical harmful part of that experience). I don't know that I believed that so much, as I was listening to others possibly and under stress with work or financial responsibilities, my life was heading in a different direction.

I went from waiting until evening to vaporize 0.3 grams per night and getting totally blitzed including paranoia, to making hash in the garage as long as the ceiling vent is working properly. The dogs on both sides of the fence were barking a lot, so one night I hit the mini air horn. I have posts and the white shade cloth as a ~7' vertical fence on one side of the greenhouse and I'll staple panda film to the wooden fence. Over the last year or two, with legalization passing, I have a 180 degree view on those stereotypes. I was somewhat thinking of a career change, not necessarily in the cannabis industry, however it looks like there may be some opportunity there. Aside from the gloom and doom of falling empires (aka the tax man), being outside picking the yellowing leaves from bushels of green trees in the greenhouse is not bad at all. I accidentally picked a few popcorn buds of Jack Herer and threw them in with tea, crushing them a bit with a spoon. Just boiling water 3-4 min but I want to say it's probably extremely strong. When I was younger I may have been more impressionable. But now I've gone up to 1/8 of flower or more per day and back down to 1 gram in the bong. Using an electric nail with concentrates and a bubbler is best for me at least until I get capsules figured out although any way works. One thing holds steady, this happens with cannabis as I'm sure many will recognize - the dose regulates itself. For someone who goes to the dispensary every week or someone with bags laying around, it's always the same exact thing pretty much take a hit then go back to work or forget about it for a few hours. Normally I'd leave this out but since the OP is asking about RSO, I would not consider this as a 'drug.' I could not use it (be sober), but I mean comparing that to my life just a while ago - nothing, or tea coffee beer wine whatever to choose from, my point is that I'm not worse off by using cannabis every day. That doesn't mean I'm saying it makes be better or that I need it, but I suppose if I made those arguments what would be the difference. Makes me better = performance enhancing, needs it = addictive, but would I really call it those things? Not if they will be listed as side effects.

As an anecdotal experience I can only say this agrees with positive research regarding CBD and/or THC. I am enough of a supporter to basically agree with the positive studies and disagree with the negative ones almost before seeing them, if that makes sense. I have no industry ties just my own experience with this plant. Now Rick Simpson Oil as I understand it is going to be a much larger dose than many of us recreational or even medicinal users are accustomed to. Basically I don't support any clinical trial at least not without a big open dialogue due to financial conflict of interest or profit motives. But if you are talking about treating a disease then the dose can be larger, is maybe the best way to describe it. Cannabis is completely different from 'drugs' like codeine or chemotherapy. The window of cannabis dosing is larger, maybe 100x or 1000x the amount to 'get high' can be safely ingested, we all know full well people do not overdose on cannabis plain and simple. Painkillers or chemotherapy are different in that regard. But clinical studies can seem to take years or decades to happen; after all if one child stops having seizures isn't that enough by itself to publish with 100% certainty?