What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Thanks bud. Sorry, if I frustrated you. It's not an elite club.

Thanks anyway for what you did contribute. Not only did I learn from them but someone else searching with the same issues will also profit from your contribution.

I still don't see any difference between RSO and tincture.

And, I still think you should help me with those suppositories. After all, it was your idea. ;)

Strange bird. Wonder what set him off.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
This seems to be working quite well. In spite of my tolerance issues, I am definitely feeling some effect by simply pacing decarb'd rosin in my saliva pit.

Today, I mixed some in with my coffee. That didn't work out too well. This rosin.... it doesn't mix well with much, does it? Seems to glob up no matter what I try to mix it with.

I did add some lecithin and I think it helps but it's not a real mixer. I had some in an ice drink and it mostly stuck to the side of the glass. Coffee was a little better than ice.

I am going to try to mix some rosin and some Everclear today. Maybe once it's mixed with the Everclear, it will mix better with other things. I'll let you know how that works out.

For now, after my morning coffee with rosin, I simply dip a standard toothpick into the rosin and hold the toothpick in my mouth just like James Dean. Burns my fucking throat.

I am determined to find a nice easy way to consume a strong dose of edibles without suffering the administration.

Gry

With the drinks, I find adding a few drops of coconut or olive oil and using a hand whisk for a moment to get a good blend on a small amount works ok . Then I add the rest of liquid and it works out fine.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
This shit burns the crap out of my throat and mouth. I have twin hemorrhoids that are as big as the Twin Peaks. The last thing I am going to do is put this shit on them. I read the story about the girl who tried Gray Wolf's Holy Anointing Oil on her hemorrhoids.

Albeit, rectal absorption is high. I know that. However, this is daily thing for me. And, at 65 years old I am not in a hurry to make one of my daily chores to be sticking my finger up my ass. It's probably coming anyway but for now, I'll just use my finger for picking my nose.

I do pot because I enjoy it. Somehow, pounding it up my ass, just to get high sounds like an addiction symptom. LOL

Pot is a hobby for me. To learn from and to enjoy. Not to be a burden of one more daily thing that I don't want to do. At 65, I already have plenty of those.

Besides..... my asshole works for shitting. At my age you DO NOT jeopardize anything that involves going to the bathroom.

So, just to make you butt fetish people happy, I am going to make a couple suppositories and try them. But, as I am shoving those ice cold mother fuckers up my ass just for the knowledge, I'll be thinking of you....... and they won't be nice thoughts. LMAO

Meanwhile, I am still shooting for an edible that doesn't gag me and actually gets me high.

After a half gram in my morning coffee and I have been chewing on these toothpicks all day, I actually have a little buzz.

Albeit, I smoked my normal 8th today but I definitely feel a little something from the rosin. I pressed a couple more grams today for some more experimentation.

Also got my centrifuge so I'll be going back to the oil thread tomorrow.

Another thing that comes from all my experiments.... a lot of people get free edibles. I give more pot away than I use. And, now that I have weeded out the 'mooches' most of the people are very happy to get it.

So, even if I never get high again, it's all good and there are people who benefit from it and who enjoy it.

There's more to life than pleasing one's self.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
This is definitely a functional way to administer. Chewing these toothpicks all day and I managed to get the other half gram down. I definitely have a little buzz.

The biggest problem is the constant burning throat I had all day.

What the fuck is burning my throat? The a-Pinene? Get that shit outta there. I can heat that out at 315F and not loose much. If it's the Limonene (which I suspect) it vapes out at 350F same as the THC. Bummer.

Yeah right, put this up my butt. You guys must be kidding. Question: Either of you guys been to prison? LMAO j/k

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
If decarboxylated then yes it will work like that I personally couldn't do it as the taste of decarboxylated cannabis oil is extremely bitter and hard to let sit. But adding the lecithin is a good idea do you use a clean vegan organic brand ?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I must say, this is working out well for me. Not great. And, I still have to smooth it out but the concept of straight rosin for edibles is definitely easier for me than making butter or oil from flowers.

I really like the sous vide method for maintaining the terpene profile but there is no way to tell how much extraction I get. So, the butter/oil could be anything. And, with my tolerance issue, testing is a PITA.

I have found my dose, at least. 1 gram of rosin taken sublingual actually gets me a little buzzed. Enough that I know it is affecting me. So, if what I have read is correct and I understand it properly, in a gram of rosin, I am consuming between 600 and 800 mg of THC.

The problem still exists of the terrible burn that much rosin causes in my throat. I coat Altoids in rosin and that peppermint is nice but the rosin still burns.

My next question: What is causing the burn? No doubt one of the terps. Which one? And, it it a terp I want?

I was reading about the water solubility of the different terpenes in cannabis and depending on how oxygenated the terp mol is, it can be very water soluble.

If that's the case, perhaps I can wash certain terps away by soaking the weed in heated water to separate some undesired terps.

The total solution would be to be able to simply test oil/butter for content. However, even though I can do TLC and the Beam and Dukegne (sp) tests, none of those seem to work with oil/butter. I wonder how hard it would be for me to learn fractional distillation?

I have seen some testers that you can buy that use some kind of IR light spectroscopy but they are a zillion dollars and the write-ups on them are not great.

I made some cannabis sugar and it looks and tastes pretty good (for cannabis). I am going to try it in my coffee this morning. Very simple. Place a teaspoon of sugar in a small cup. Add rosin/Everclear mix with an eye dropper until the sugar is soaked. Let it dry for a couple days and I have a brownish sugar that tastes like shit. Very nice. LOL I doubt that 3 or 4 ml of rosin will do anything but.... it's all in the interest of learning.

Mixing the rosin with Everclear 190 proof ethanol is nice for making it easier to work with.

Fortunately, I have a friend who owns a liquor store so I can get the high proof stuff (Illegal in my state) and he charges me less that $20 a fifth. With a mix of rosin and Everclear, I can get a real close approximation of what dose I am taking. I just can't do that when extracting with oil/butter.

So, still pushing through this. Making progress. The reading and research has been enlightening. Especially the part about certain terps being water soluble. All these years that I made canna butter in the crock pot with water and butter and I never knew I was tossing out certain terps with the water. Shit, we didn't even know about terps then. At lease, I sure didn't. LOL

So, the goal here is to maintain and control the terpene profile and still monitor the dosage amount.

I am looking at a chart showing the evaporation temperatures of the various terps in cannabis and (of the main terps) the terp with the lowest smoke point is Beta Caryophyllene at 246.2F. So, if I am pressing rosin a 210F, even considering the additional temp caused by the pressure, we are still probably well under the 246F.

So, by that rational, pressing rosin at 210F maintains the entire (primary) terpene profile.

That definitely does not sound right. I have read many posts here and elsewhere that discuss the loss of terps in rosin. Maybe that's more BHO than rosin. Hmmmmmm? I understand certain terps evap at room temp so, I am not talking about those.

Anyway, if anyone else has the same tolerance problems that I do, hopefully, this thread will provide some answers.

Sure wish I had a test lab where I could get my rosin tested. :( Fucking hillbilly, white trash state I live in. LOL

Had a gig last night and got drunk. So, today is hangover day. A perfect day to test edibles. LOL

Start with sugar in my coffee.

Them some Coco Krispies Treats with milk for breakfast.

:)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have some pretty decent quality terpenes (True Terpenes). I wonder if adding some Myrcene to my tincture would help increase the effectiveness. I wonder how much.

I looked at a couple profiles and the percent of myrcene is all over the place. from 4% to over 40%. I suppose I could add about 40ul of myrcene to a gram of rosin and see.

β-Myrcene Formula: C10H16
Molecular Mass: 136.1252 g/mol
Boiling Point: 168 °C (334 °F)
Vapor Pressure: 7.00 mmHg ( 20 °C)

β-Myrcene is a monoterpene, and for a wide variety of reasons, one of the most important terpenes. It is a precursor in the formation of other terpenes, as well. β-Myrcene is found fresh mango fruit, hops, bay leaves, eucalyptus, lemongrass and many other plants. β-Myrcene is known to be anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, and used in the treatment of spasms. It is also used to treat insomnia, and pain. It also has some very special properties, including lowering the resistance across the blood to brain barrier, allowing itself and many other chemicals to cross the barrier easier and more quickly. In the case of cannabinoids, like THC, it allows it to take effect more quickly. More uniquely still, β-Myrcene has been shown to increase the maximum saturation level of the CB1 receptor, allowing for a greater maximum psychoactive effect. For most people, the consumption of a fresh mango, 45 minutes before inhaling cannabis, will result in a faster onset of psycho activity and greater intensity. β-Myrcene can be used in this same manner to improve uptake with a wide variety of chemical compounds. Less well known is that fact that high β-Myrcene levels in cannabis (usually above 0.5%) result in the well known ‘couch lock’ effect of classic Indica strains of cannabis; Sativa strains normally contain less than 0.5% β-Myrcene.

Gry

Get decent results by mixing it in drinks with a hand whisk.
Often thought an immersion blender would do even better.

ozzieAI

Veteran
hey there RD...

i think you will have more success if you make your rosin into an oil based liquid with added lecithin and terpenes...

the testing i did to get to my final recipes for my canna caps i got definite improvements when at first i added coconut oil, then another step up adding lecithin and the reached my current platform when i added terpenes to the mix...especially myrcene...

the added terpenes to my mix to give about a 2% quantity with a total myrcene content of mixes is between 0.25 to 0.4 depending on the recipe i use...

good luck...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Hey Oz, as always, thanks for the input.

I have been going back and forth between oil and ethanol. It seems that each has it's strong and weak points. I have been experimenting with drinking and the oil definitely doesn't mix well with soda or beer or most liquids. I have not had good success adding lecithin to alcohol, oddly enough. I always include lecithin in my oil/butter.

As I posted a couple posts up from here, Myrcene is big in assisting in bioavailability so I am certainly going to add that to the next batch. I think a big part of my tolerance issues stem from my lack of bioavailability. I drink 20 beers to get drunk. I take 5 or 6 aspirin if I need a quick pain killer. Seems, everything I do is in way larger quantities than everyone else. LOL Just lucky, I guess. LOL

@Bjorn rosin burns like gas? Are you sure it's not BHO that wasn't purged. My rosin doesn't burn like gas. Mine just melts.

redlaser

Veteran
I wouldn’t say my rosin burns like gas, but it burns like a candle would or better.

One of my current ways to use it is to smear 1/2-3/4 of a gram of rosin on the inside of a rolling paper, fill with pot and roll a joint.
Then cut joint into eight pieces to be smoked individually throughout the day in a one hitter.

The rosin will flame unless you put it out quickly after lighting.

ozzieAI

Veteran
Hey Oz, as always, thanks for the input.

I have been going back and forth between oil and ethanol. It seems that each has it's strong and weak points. I have been experimenting with drinking and the oil definitely doesn't mix well with soda or beer or most liquids. I have not had good success adding lecithin to alcohol, oddly enough. I always include lecithin in my oil/butter.

As I posted a couple posts up from here, Myrcene is big in assisting in bioavailability so I am certainly going to add that to the next batch. I think a big part of my tolerance issues stem from my lack of bioavailability. I drink 20 beers to get drunk. I take 5 or 6 aspirin if I need a quick pain killer. Seems, everything I do is in way larger quantities than everyone else. LOL Just lucky, I guess. LOL

@Bjorn rosin burns like gas? Are you sure it's not BHO that wasn't purged. My rosin doesn't burn like gas. Mine just melts.

how much oil/alcohol do you add to your rosin?
have you tried making caps and swallowing whole?