What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

first scrog, 3 & 8 gallon coco

Speed of green

hey guys, i have some plants in coco,drip fed 2x a day right now.
they are about 1 month into veg, each plant has a 5'x5' area to fill.

so i have a few questions as this is my first time playing with a scrog.

1- is it best to start removing lower foliage/ small branches as soon as you begin to train the plant onto the screen?

2- do i continue pulling the tops under the screen through stretch first two weeks of flower?

3- do i let flip to 12/12 when the screen is 75% full?

4- some strains have a different structure (indica) short and branchy, any tips to try and train these onto the screen?

5- this is more of a coco related question but do you guys prefer runoff with every watering even with multi feeds?

Thanks for any input, i can upload photos if that helps!

Speed of green

I had my helpers go through and clean out all the lower branches, I think they did a great job. The plants responded to the lollipop and the tops have had great growth in the last few days.

The 3 gallon room is going to be ready to flower sooner than the 8 gallon room.

I’m thinking a week or two until I flip the 3 gallon room.

I will continue training the plants into the first screen until the end of week 1 flower, then I will put a second layer of trellising and let the plants grow at will.

The 8 gallon room should start flower a week or so after the first.

Speed of green

First few weeks have gone fairly smooth, stretch was minimal, my dog peed in a pot first week of flower and I couldn’t explain why the leaf tips were burning until I smelled ammonia in the coco.

All lower and secondary branches that didn’t reach the screen have been pruned, will do a mild defoliation in the next few days.

I lowered the feed to 1.4 ec last week and flushed the pots because I was worrying about salt build up, I do not have a way to test runoff and the 8 gallons always look so dry.

Anyways after the flush a couple plants were a shade or two more lime green than green, so I upped the e.c back to 1.7

Right now still watering 5 times a day 5-9-12-2-4

ronbo51

Veteran
sounds like you got it goin on. I always scrog. My small grows require canopy discipline or else its just a mess. You can trail a flowering branch under the screen a bit, as long as it has good light. You can also perform various tortures with wire to keep unruly hooligan branches from gaining the upper hand. Good luck.