What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalization in Canada, how are things there?

corky1968

Veteran
If your in Canada, I say your probably legal and don't even know about it yet.

If and when you ever get busted. On your 1st appearance in front of Judge explain
to the Court that your allowed to have medical marijuana.

If the Judge says you don't have a doctor's approval.
Just tell the Judge that you don't need one and it's a
Human Right to get medical help.

The judge will probably say that you need a medical exemption for marijuana.

Just reply no you don't even need one again.

The Judge by now will probably be getting impatient.

Tell the Judge you can prove it.

The Judge being all stupid will give you a chance to prove it.

Just repeat this in open Court.

"Are you telling me there's nothing wrong with me your Honor?" LOLZ :laughing: :biggrin: :woohoo:

fatigues

Veteran
Sounds like cannabis in a Marlboro box...LOL

Something like that is certain to happen. Over time, Cannabis in a legal marketplace will not be grown by any but small pockets of gourmet growers. Legal cannabis will be farmed. And that is a pretty big difference.

There has never been a market for fully legal weed, subject to TM registrations and secured transaction registrations by financial institutions, etc. anywhere in the world. Ever.

But it is about to happen and it will change things. Some for the good; some for the worse.

I would certainly expect that processing engineers will come up with packaging, refining and processing methods that nobody has ever thought of before -- or had the capital equipment and time to attempt even if they had thought of them.

I do predict water cured and processed "odorless" cannabis will be a big seller in a fully legal marketplace. Lack of taste aside, it's hard to sell in a black market if a customer can't tell if what they are getting is real or not with a sniff. In a legal marketplace, the packaging and retailer builds up a very different trust which allows for different product preferences by consumers.

But that one will be the surprise hit I expect: water cured processed weed will become the Budweiser of Bud. You can smoke it and your neighbors won't know.

It'll be very popular.

Cone Head

Something like that is certain to happen. Over time, Cannabis in a legal marketplace will not be grown by any but small pockets of gourmet growers. Legal cannabis will be farmed. And that is a pretty big difference.

There has never been a market for fully legal weed, subject to TM registrations and secured transaction registrations by financial institutions, etc. anywhere in the world. Ever.

But it is about to happen and it will change things. Some for the good; some for the worse.

I would certainly expect that processing engineers will come up with packaging, refining and processing methods that nobody has ever thought of before -- or had the capital equipment and time to attempt even if they had thought of them.

I do predict water cured and processed "odorless" cannabis will be a big seller in a fully legal marketplace. Lack of taste aside, it's hard to sell in a black market if a customer can't tell if what they are getting is real or not with a sniff. In a legal marketplace, the packaging and retailer builds up a very different trust which allows for different product preferences by consumers.

But that one will be the surprise hit I expect: water cured processed weed will become the Budweiser of Bud. You can smoke it and your neighbors won't know.

It'll be very popular.

You know, I don't have a problem with that. As long as you can still grow your own and process it how you like, what would it matter if the masses start flocking to industrially processed pot. I imagine you wouldn't be able to sell it, that's the same deal with home brew beer. Cant legally sell that either (at lease here in Australia you can't) But you can brew as much as you like, and you can give it away. I can live with a similar reality with cannabis, sure beats been a criminal for indulging which is the reality I currently have to live with.

I wonder if the legal cannabis trade spread worldwide, the big companies may start looking to big producers such as Afghanistan and
morocco for hash. We may see the demise of the herbal cannabis as the main product?

shaggyballs

Veteran

It'll be very popular.

Again I state "Sounds like cannabis in a Marlboro box"...LOL

Marlboro-M-Marijuana-Cigarettes-900x440.jpg

fatigues

Veteran
Yeah, but more like these:

cigarette-pack.jpg

That's a military "C" ration pack of 4 cigarettes from the Vietnam era. Yes, I expect something like this style of packaging will prove to be very popular in a fully legal marketplace.

Conversely, loose buds are difficult to ship, distribute, store and sell and require far too much intervention by a retailer to complete a sale. Loose buds will diminish in popularity over time (rather sharply I expect) in a legal marketplace once a manufacturer can invest in large capital processing. Let's face it, if you are a retailer, you don't want to have to do much to sell your product.

Cannabis as a SKU; get used to it.

These are not popular observations on most of ICM. I get it, but, doesn't change where it's all headed. Don't shoot the messenger.

Slipnot

Like a bunch of little kids fighting for candy everyone expects it to be just ok its legalized lol , there is a bunch of shit that needs to be taken care of like treaties with other countries , The war on drugs ring a bell????

Trudeau has kept his promise, and the Government is fast tracking it, It just takes time to get it right ..
Starting with decriminalization
If you were in charge of it all your just not going to just legalize it your going to go by steps.
People got to stop thinking there going to open up a business, and sell to dispensaries,
That is kinda funny to say the least .
Sorry that will Never happen, Sure you will be able to grow a few plants that's it ..
your not going to be able to have a pound of weed on you driving down the road ..

Your not going to be able to smoke in public unless its some sort of MJ affair ..
Sooner we get used to them ideas the better everyone will be

Each province will have a huge grow op think of it as a Franchise ,,,, or like a Tim Hortens where a person eligible will have 2 million dollars of own money to even apply

We will not be able to grow weed anywhere near Schools , play grounds, etc .. and numerous other places like apartments home rentals etc
One would think Insurances would be stupid priced for many home owners they may even lose there home insurance do to growing etc

So legalization takes time lots of areas and fields they need to address way before its legal..

But once it does go legal Canada will be ahead of USA being its still ilegal to grow in the states being its a schedule and Federal crime STILL

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Conversely, loose buds are difficult to ship, distribute, store and sell and require far too much intervention by a retailer to complete a sale.

I get it, but, doesn't change where it's all headed. Don't shoot the messenger.

nah. we get loose buds daily here from out west. only reason it is "difficult" is because it is "illegal". pipe tobacco is shipped around the world in sealed foil packages in cardboard boxes, works like a charm. no reason that weed can't be shipped pre-weighed in eighth, quarter ounce & ounce (or larger) bags. nope, won't shoot the messenger.:biggrin: i might disagree, but that is as far as i go, LOL!

fatigues

Veteran
nah. we get loose buds daily here from out west. only reason it is "difficult" is because it is "illegal". pipe tobacco is shipped around the world in sealed foil packages in cardboard boxes, works like a charm. no reason that weed can't be shipped pre-weighed in eighth, quarter ounce & ounce (or larger) bags. nope, won't shoot the messenger.:biggrin: i might disagree, but that is as far as i go, LOL!

Vacuum sealed bags are not the "loose" buds I was referring to.

I meant buds removed from a display jar with a lid that the budtender would remove, weigh out, put in a container and ring up the sale, etc. as is often seen in medical shops. That's too much intervention in a truly legal mass market. While it might fly in a gourmet-styled store, it's not a mass market approach.

Packages that take up little rack space with a UPC on em. That's where this is headed.

shaggyballs

Veteran
seed to sale.......seed to sale and beyond....legalization where people still go to jail for growing it is just a silly thought.

S

sourpuss

Yeah due to speed of sale it will be pre rolled in the near future.

Water cure sounds horrible. Id put my money on concentrates and portable dabs.. water cured weed and thc pills yuck... no terps soumds so boring...

Since the judge ruled all med patients should be allowed to grow aug 23rd. Im sitting and hopin they come thru with that...

Slipnot

Water cure sounds horrible. Id put my money on concentrates and portable dabs.. water cured weed and thc pills yuck... no terps soumds so boring...

Since the judge ruled all med patients should be allowed to grow aug 23rd. Im sitting and hopin they come thru with that...

Well it appears that is the way everyone is going dabs hash, oils , food, etc ..
water cure is a real stupid idea would love to slap the idiot who obviously, was pretty stoned at the time coming up with it ..
true under computer controlled dry rooms is where its at ..

I think on med patients there the ones that screwed it all up to begin with from getting greedy ,, You know there on gov assistance AISH , get low income so started selling weed on the side ..
That is what caused all the BS to begin with . and secondly if we look at what A med patient has to get this license .. its a terminal disease like AIDS , or Cancer as last resort not to cure but to ease there pain before DEATH
There as good as DEAD anyways ,, But now with all these other so called diseases that can be easily made up to access a lic to grow etc
That is what all the Shit is all about You know shit like i have a eating disorder and i need weed to help me .. or i just did a tour n Iraq not even killed a person but i need weed now cause i have Night mares and only weed cures it

Truthfully speaking who needs it to be legal.... really grow be quiet about don't get greedy , pay your power bills on time and its all good .
your Better off in the long run with TAX free money fuck em its not like they rape the fuck out of us anyways

All this legal shit is really for the ones that want to grow weed sell it under the table and not worry about getting busted n going to jail

Saying goes if you don't have the balls to do the time,, Don't do the crime

As for me i do not have the balls anymore to do the stupid sized grows that i once did ..
specially if caught your there for LIFE But really legal or not who gives a real Fuck it will be Business as usual:tiphat:

fatigues

Veteran

No, they won't be approving concentrates for sale. People will make their own, sure, but you will not be buying shatter in a legal store. Not even if you really, really want to.

Is this remotely rational? No, it isn't.

But trying to rationally explain that high THC cannabis is no different than beer>wine>liqueur>40% alcohol liquor is simply a losing battle. They are not receptive to the explanation.

:wallbash:

Oh they get it just fine; they just know that a LOT of voters don't get it and so they will pander. The "not your father's pot" argument was quite effective in driving a wedge between past personal experience and "today's high THC GMO weed".

End result: this will be legal middle of the road weed strength weed initially. Assuming it is substantially cheaper? Make your own concentrate or just smoke more if you feel the need *shrug*

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Grow a pair and Grow your own
it's really that simple
fuck their laws and bullshit.
this has been the way since the 60's turned into the 70's and gave us the 80's.
fuk plant counts, fuk medical only, fuk the sale of weed in liquor stores, fuk the government monopoly , and fuk that candy ass Justin turdeau. this has been the way for going on 60 years in north America. Why change now :D

Rider420

Grow a pair and Grow your own
it's really that simple
fuck their laws and bullshit.
this has been the way since the 60's turned into the 70's and gave us the 80's.
fuk plant counts, fuk medical only, fuk the sale of weed in liquor stores, fuk the government monopoly , and fuk that candy ass Justin turdeau. this has been the way for going on 60 years in north America. Why change now :D

You sound stressed out dude, min 6 months in jail for growing more then 5 plants will make anyone stressed. Why change now? ask anyone who is doing or has done time for cannabis!
Thanks to Turdeau you might not be so stressed in a year but then again I don't know you at all.

gorilla ganja

I think they want to force you too. But I believe there are only a couple companies that offer very expensive clones. None offer seeds yet that I am aware of.

Peace GG

Latest posts

Latest posts