What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My best cannabutter recipe - enjoy!

*Moving the vegetative matter back and forth during straining is a pain in the ass, with no clear method (yet) for keeping it neat, and not losing at least a minor amount of the greenery in each process...

Best way for me I found so far is to use two big pots or buckets and when I pressed out the leaves, I give this big green leaves ball out of my dish cloth/ cheese cloth into one pot and wash out the dirty dishcloth in the other pot using just some plain cold water. When this water is full of leaves I give it into the other pot and I repeat cleaning the dishcloth until the other pot is full of water.

It is better to sieve the resin glands before soaking.

An initial 'loss' of ~35% of the total ghee...

This is no problem at all. You will harvest this loss when you cook it a second time. I just cooked butter the last two days and I just reckoned - Seems in my first run I had a loss of 25%. But this doesn't matter, cause I cook it not just one time but at least two times. Second yield will be less and weaker, but THC is not lost. If I want to "squeeze" out as much THC as possible, I cook it a third time and I use less and less butter the more often I cook the greens.

...when the ghee was still liquid, but cooling, I stuck my finger through the oil film... I ended up with my finger coated in oil/liquid ghee, so I licked off the finger in question...

Seems we have a new cannabutter fan ;-)

Thanks again!!

You're welcome. :smoke:

Wow, did not expect the initial results. So pleased.

I got 25g of dried plant product from the 3 "volunteer" males and used it in 8 oz of coconut oil. Sampled a 7g serving of coconut oil with some tea and milk and achieved a very mellow and pleasant buzz. There's definitely more THC in those young male plants than I had thought. Glad the OP made this thread.

You used 25g leaves and 8 oz coconut oil and just 7 g gave you a mellow buzz. I used 125 g and 9 oz ghee and moose eater used 170g leaves and 9 oz ghee, what means my and moose eater's cannabutter is about five or seven times stronger than yours.

7 g gave you a mellow buzz? What do you think what kind of buzz you will get if you don't eat 7 g but 35 g or 49 g of your stuff? Will it still be a mellow turn? And 35 g of your cannabutter will be as strong as 7 g of mine or maybe 4g or 5 g of moose eater's, assumed our leaves would be all of the same quality.

So I repeat my warnings to try this very carefully first time. 5g cannabutter can be very less or very much.

And - Welcome to the club.
ssmokeit.gif

And good to know coconut oil works the same like ghee.

M

moose eater

I don't recall what total weight of butter I used in a batch of dark chocolate walnut whole grain pastry flour brownies, sweetened with maple syrup and a touch of honey, but it was a double batch or so of what was originally (seemingly) a smaller amount of brownie batter, per the recipe.

I think I used slightly less than about 1/4 of my total butter/ghee from the efforts the other day.

Anyway, I cut the two trays of brownies into 14-16 brownies, with one tray deeper than the other, so those were cut smaller. Of the shallower tray of brownies, they measured (when cooked) about 5/8" or so thick, and about 3-1/2" to 4" square.

I put most of the brownies in the freezers in quart freezer bags, then into gallon freezer bags, to try and retain moisture (who likes a dry brownie???). I clearly labeled them as "Adults -ONLY- Brownies"... Just in case.. Avoiding any embarrassing explanations to local parents of my son's friends, should they one night raid my freezers.. Heaven forbid!!

So, a while later, following a trip into the mountains to fish for lake trout and burbot, we came out of the mountains, and returned home from our fishing trip. My body was sore as a bastard. I rarely sleep well, and -really had difficulty sleeping while in pain. So I ate one of those larger, thinner brownies.

Can't recall what else I did that night to alleviate pain and induce sleep. Maybe nothing. It's all a blur now.

What I -do- know is that when I woke up in the middle of the night, on at least 2 different occasions, I had to work -really- hard to stand up and find my balance.

Someone should've hidden me in the basement at that point, for at least a couple of days.. :biggrin:

I made my way to the restroom like a newbie surfer, hunched over his board, trying to lower his center of gravity ever lower, to the point he's nearly walking on his knees.

In conclusion.. make smaller brownies, or use less butter. THAT WAS WAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH THC!!!!!:biggrin:

See.. Despite my gray beard, and worn out body, I'm still young enough to learn stuff. :biggrin:

:thank you:

You used 25g leaves and 8 oz coconut oil and just 7 g gave you a mellow buzz. I used 125 g and 9 oz ghee and moose eater used 170g leaves and 9 oz ghee, what means my and moose eater's cannabutter is about five or seven times stronger than yours.

7 g gave you a mellow buzz? What do you think what kind of buzz you will get if you don't eat 7 g but 35 g or 49 g of your stuff? Will it still be a mellow turn? And 35 g of your cannabutter will be as strong as 7 g of mine or maybe 4g or 5 g of moose eater's, assumed our leaves would be all of the same quality.

So I repeat my warnings to try this very carefully first time. 5g cannabutter can be very less or very much.

And - Welcome to the club. View Image

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran

And - Welcome to the club. View Image

For deep trips i take (at least) 20-30 gr of cannaghee made from 300 gr butter and 100 gr bud. But I would not recommend any dose over the equivalent of 5 gr bud to anyone without makins sure they can handle it by slowly upping dosage. It can be unpleasant if the trip drives itself and you can't control it. I had 1 bad trip as well when I mixed cannabutter (a dose equivalent to 20 gr bud) with some tea that had mango in it. Seems to make the effects at least 3-4 times more powerful. Tested this again by having mango and taking a dose equivalent of 5 gr bud that felt more powerful than a 20 g dose. So we need to be aware of that as well, it might help stretch lower doses but it can make a big dose very unpleasant for tens of hours. :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I put most of the brownies in the freezers in quart freezer bags, then into gallon freezer bags, to try and retain moisture (who likes a dry brownie???). I clearly labeled them as "Adults -ONLY- Brownies"... Just in case.. Avoiding any embarrassing explanations to local parents of my son's friends, should they one night raid my freezers.. Heaven forbid!!

Just read this and was thinking that if I found a bag of sweets that said adult only, it would have only made it more interesting to me as a kid. Hope your kids are better at resisting temptation than I was when I was younger. :D

M

moose eater

Nah, as minors, our three kids (2 of them now adults) were fairly opposed to weed-related things. "If DAD does it, how could it possibly be cool??!!" added to the effects of the school system's propaganda and fear message, that left them (for a brief period) worried their father was teetering at the abyss of cannabis-induced death! :biggrin:

When it came to the security or sanctity of 'potentially hazardous' items, whether cannabis, Rx drugs, other vices, firearms, etc., it has always been my greater concern that their friends would get into something that left irreversible ripples in the proverbial waters.

So when they would have friends over, I would go out of my way to secure 'all things adventuresome, lethal, and/or potentially embarrassing.' :)

Just read this and was thinking that if I found a bag of sweets that said adult only, it would have only made it more interesting to me as a kid. Hope your kids are better at resisting temptation than I was when I was younger. :D

I don't recall what total weight of butter I used ...

I think I used slightly less than about 1/4 of my total butter/ghee from the efforts the other day.

Oh my god... A 1/4 of 170 g trim cooked in butter is something which can bring you to the next infirmary.

Can't recall what else I did that night to alleviate pain and induce sleep. Maybe nothing. It's all a blur now.

What I -do- know is that when I woke up in the middle of the night, on at least 2 different occasions, I had to work -really- hard to stand up and find my balance.

Someone should've hidden me in the basement at that point, for at least a couple of days..

I made my way to the restroom like a newbie surfer, hunched over his board, trying to lower his center of gravity ever lower, to the point he's nearly walking on his knees.

In conclusion.. make smaller brownies, or use less butter. THAT WAS WAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH THC!!!!!

This sounds pretty bad. I will cite myself:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287025&page=2

"But I will repeat my warning to be very careful, if you don't know the butter and your personal dosage. Start with very low amounts of maybe 2 gram and check what happens. Take more next day if you was bored and try to find the right dosage for you. Don't underestimate the effect of the cannabutter! Too much is no fun stuff. It should be clear that a scale with at least 1g units is a MUST. Otherwise it is russian roulette."

I think the problem is rather simple: The usual grower litters his fanleaves and his trim and he doesn't expect his trim and leaves are that fucking strong. All underestimate the butter. Everybody does first time. Thats the reason for all my warnings. Usually everybody is searching for the best strongest weed and want it strong strong strong. And if I tell everybody the butter is fucking strong, many people think this is the usual blabla, like I'm swaggering, but no, I try to avoid stories like yours. What happened to you is the reason most people don't eat cannabis.

I can tell you I would never eat any edibel I was offered from others. The space cakes in dutch coffeeshops for example. I would not eat your brownies, simply because I'm experienced enough to know, that it is highly unlikely that I will have a good buzz. It will be far to less or far too much and it will be no fun stuff.

You can't eat cannabis this way.

First: Eating is only for daily smokers with high THC tolerance. Occasional toker shouldn't do this at all. And they don't need, because they still can get stoned just by smoking some tokes of good weed.
It is different for long term daily smokers with high tolerance. I have problems with my lungs. I use hashish and weed for nearly 40 years and I stopped smoking tobacco long time ago and just vaporize and eat cannabis. This and then I smoke some tokes of hashish, but not often.
Maybe you can imagine I have problems to get high. I vaporize the whole evening. I just breath my Storz & Bickel bag for hours and I never get as high as I would like to be. My lungs don't give me the pleasure the cannabutter gives me. But, as you see, eating is not comparable to smoking.

You MUST use a scale. You MUST check out how strong the butter is. You have no clue how strong the stuff is you cooked, especially if you do this the first time. One or two gram of cannabutter can make a big difference. You MUST check out your individual right amount to feel well. And even if you know your dosage, it can be different depending on your daily form, what you ate, how you feel.

You was weak and felt bad. In moments like this the weed often works stronger. I don't know really why, but the same amount can be a bit more or less strong and if I'm exhausted the effect is stronger.

Use a scale, weight a little piece of your brownies and check out the effect and try more next time. By and by you will find your individual dosage. And then you will love your brownies.

But: Keep them away from kids!!!

See.. Despite my gray beard, and worn out body, I'm still young enough to learn stuff.

I have no beard but if I would let it grow, my beard would be as grey as my hair meanwhile is, as far as I still have hair.
And I still learn daily about cannabis and life. It seems learning never ends.

Last edited:
Lets reckon a bit again:

Assuming your 170 g trim contains 4% THC. This means 170 / 100 * 4 = 6.8 g THC completely. You think you used a quarter. That would mean 6.8 g / 4 = 1.7 g (or 1700 mg)

1.7 g THC - not 1.7g Weed

Yes 1.7 g pure THC is a bit too much...

If people get Dronabinol or Sativex, as far as I know they get amounts of about 10 - 30 mg THC.

For deep trips i take (at least) 20-30 gr of cannaghee made from 300 gr butter and 100 gr bud.

This is similar to what I use, but also I would consider this as a strong dosage, especially if made from buds, not trim or leaves. But this is within the framework I use the butter.

I had 1 bad trip as well when I mixed cannabutter (a dose equivalent to 20 gr bud) with some tea that had mango in it. Seems to make the effects at least 3-4 times more powerful. Tested this again by having mango and taking a dose equivalent of 5 gr bud that felt more powerful than a 20 g dose. So we need to be aware of that as well, it might help stretch lower doses but it can make a big dose very unpleasant for tens of hours. :tiphat:

I will check this out soon. Thank you for the hint. As far as I know Mango contains MAO inhibitors. Maybe there is a connection.

edit:
Its next day now and I'm not that stoned like yesterday evening and I reckoned again:

30g ghee of 300 g butter and 100 g buds means you eat 10g buds. Hmm... depends on the buds. If you cooked indoor top notch weed containing 25% THC - I would nobody recommend to eat that amount, because this means 2.5 gram pure THC. If it is weak outdoor weed its a nice trip. But I would not recommend to use more than 500 mg THC. Half a gram of pure THC will knock out most people, even if it is a strong smoker.

As you see the problem is that you don't know whats in your plants except you have a laboratory. You just can check this out carefully.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Thanks, coconut.

To clarify, my trim contains no fan leaves, and probably hits some place between 10 & 15% THC. Seriously. Again, ONLY sugar trim is/was used.

And all trim was sieved ONCE for hash-making, a while before being soaked then boiled with the ghee & final wash of H2O.

I used a quarter of the total butter (probably just over 2.125 oz. of butter) in what became 14-16 brownies. So, 1/14th or 1/16th of the ~2.125 oz. of butter per brownie.

I've eaten plenty of edibles before, and have seen a family member suffer nausea from too high of a dose. And I am familiar with the differences in body high re. eating THC, versus the more common effects of smoking. But I haven't previously used your rinse method to rid the excess chlorophyll, or other debris.

That said, yes, as far as finding a dose range for a given batch of brownies, I've adjusted way back on this batch.

Last night, needing again to sleep and still in a bit of pain from the trip, as well as routine discomfort I live with, I ate a HALF of a brownie. I woke up early after going to bed late (as a result of my family members' movements early in the A.M.), and noted I was still a bit stoned after eating the half brownie ~6 hours earlier.

Took me a bit to get pointed in the right direction, but after 2-1/2 cups of dark, freshly-ground, French roast coffee, I was "good to go." ... and proceeded cautiously with the morning's required activities.

So at this point, for this batch of butter, and this batch of brownies, one half of a brownie is ample dosage.

I probably need to inquire with a friend in the Mat-Su valley, to whom I gave a whole brownie a while ago, and see if she had to hold onto the hand rails or use a walker after eating it..

Fortunately there's no known easily-attained lethal overdose threshold for this stuff. :biggrin:

Lets reckon a bit again:

Assuming your 170 g trim contains 4% THC. This means 170 / 100 * 4 = 6.8 g THC completely. You think you used a quarter. That would mean 6.8 g / 4 = 1.7 g (or 1700 mg)

1.7 g THC - not 1.7g Weed

Yes 1.7 g pure THC is a bit too much...

If people get Dronabinol or Sativex, as far as I know they get amounts of about 10 - 30 mg THC.

I've eaten plenty of edibles before, and have seen a family member suffer nausea from too high of a dose. And I am familiar with the differences in body high re. eating THC, versus the more common effects of smoking. But I haven't previously used your rinse method to rid the excess chlorophyll, or other debris.
:biggrin:

That said, yes, as far as finding a dose range for a given batch of brownies, I've adjusted way back on this batch.

I was sure you would adjust soon. :biggrin:

Last night, needing again to sleep and still in a bit of pain from the trip, as well as routine discomfort I live with,...

So you use it also medical like me. I have problems with inflammations of my colon and I find inflammations are less if I use the butter. Can't really make a difference between medical and recreational use.

I probably need to inquire with a friend in the Mat-Su valley, to whom I gave a whole brownie a while ago, and see if she had to hold onto the hand rails or use a walker after eating it..

Alaska. Nice. I hope she is still your friend. :biggrin:

Fortunately there's no known easily-attained lethal overdose threshold for this stuff. :biggrin:

Yes, you're right. I'm glad, too. Even after years of experience I have 'accidents' occasionally. :biggrin:

M

moose eater

A family member ate a half of a brownie last night, from this last (now frozen and still moist) batch of dark chocolate walnut brownies. She appreciated the decreased taste of the chlorophyll, etc., making the eating of the brownie less nauseating for her, as she is the one who had become ill when over-doing dosage in the past, thus the memory, added to trying to eat canna brownies again, sometimes upsets her stomach before she gets any down.

When she woke up this morning, she stated she could still feel the effects of the half-brownie from last night.

We'll consider them to be 'weight-watchers' canna-brownies.. Less brownie required for a suitable buzz, means fewer calories and less fat. ;^>)

I rarely eat my canna-brownies unless I'm trying to get to sleep, and a toke, a shot of tequila and (in one of a very limited half-dozen nights per year) a pain pill still leaves me struggling to achieve sleep. In those cases, a brownie puts me down pretty well.

In that manner, the brownies function pretty well, except where spine injuries are concerned, waking up in the middle of the night with interference between the brain's instructions, and the legs' receipt of those instructions, sometimes leads to memorable complications... The back doesn't like over-compensating for intoxicants that interfere with muscle control in the legs, and sends a 'bill' the next morning, sometimes. ;^>)

Anyway, I'm sure in the future, after I've sieved my trim for hash-making, I'll use the method you've shared herein. A stash of canna-butter in the freezers would be as good a stock to have in significant supply as any. Like making sure the medicine cabinet doesn't run low on band aids. ;^>)

A family member ate a half of a brownie last night,...

Hope this was non of your kids ;-)

When she woke up this morning, she stated she could still feel the effects of the half-brownie from last night.

I also find my breakfast much more relaxed when my kids are still stoned.:laughing:

We'll consider them to be 'weight-watchers' canna-brownies.. Less brownie required for a suitable buzz, means fewer calories and less fat. ;^>)

You're right. I also make my cannabutter strong, because I don't like to eat huge amounts of butter. I made cups of Bhang with 40 or 50 g of ghee and this is possible, but not tasty. And yes, this are a lot of calories. I prefer to use not more than 15 or 20 gram of butter and this means the butter should be strong.

I rarely eat my canna-brownies unless I'm trying to get to sleep, and a toke,

Don't worry. This will get better by and by. After a while you will have no problems to eat your cannabutter from the morning to the evening. :biggrin: No one forces you to eat a couple of gram THC, many people just try some milligram. This is possible, too. ;-)

a shot of tequila and (in one of a very limited half-dozen nights per year)

Oh, you like tequila. I prefer vodka. This is my favorite:
https://www.borco.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Produkte/Vodka/Green Mark Vodka/GreenMark_Flasche.png

The 'Green Mark' is one of the best low-cost vodkas. The 'Green Mark' was originally an official seal of approval of the Soviet Union for the quality vodka. And I have to admit I drink it daily, but only very small amounts.

a pain pill still leaves me struggling to achieve sleep. In those cases, a brownie puts me down pretty well.

And I'm convinced your brownie is much better for your health than chemicals of the pharmacy-mafia.

In that manner, the brownies function pretty well, except where spine injuries are concerned, waking up in the middle of the night with interference between the brain's instructions, and the legs' receipt of those instructions, sometimes leads to memorable complications...

Spine injuries? This sounds pretty bad. What do you mean with that? You mean you have backache? What you describe sounds like you have probs with your spinal disk and when your legs don't do what you want, most likely a nerve is jammed between spine and spine disk.
I also have backache. Often. But weed doesn't help me really. Nothing really helps me concerning that.

When I was young, my father once told me: When you are older than 50 years, and you wake up in the morning, and you don't feel any pain, then you know you are dead.

Anyway, I'm sure in the future, after I've sieved my trim for hash-making, I'll use the method you've shared herein. A stash of canna-butter in the freezers would be as good a stock to have in significant supply as any. Like making sure the medicine cabinet doesn't run low on band aids. ;^>)

Yes, one should diversify the assortment. :biggrin:

Some thoughts in hindsight:

Why is this kind of cannabutter so fucking strong? I think there are two very simple reasons, but I'm no scientific, so this is just a guess of mine.

Transforming the THCA into THC and soaking the leaves with fat are the crucial points I guess.

1) Cooking the water-butter-mix brings the best temperature for decarboxylation and if you cook it for hours all the inactive THCA will be transformed into the active THC. The THCA is a precursor of the THC. If you smoke a joint only very little of the THCA is transformed into THC. The big mass of THCA will be simply destroyed. But cooking your weed for hours means all the THCA will decarboxylized and it is possible that you have weed which contains as much THCA as THC. This would mean you will double the strength simply by cooking it for a couple of hours.

2) It is not easy to get the THC out of the leaves. The better the leaves are soaked with fat, the better the crop. By cooking the water-ghee-leaves-mix for long time, you soak the leaves as much as possible with fat. And if the fat is deep inside of the cells of the leaves, then you can press out as much as possible.
Watering the leaves with water to get rid of all the unwanted stuff, the chlorophyll, glucose, protein etc. is not just for taste, but also for soaking the leaves. When the leaves are soaked two days with water, they suck of the fat more easy.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

I drank a fifth (28.? oz.) of vodka when I was 15 and living away from home, renting a basement from some biker/trucker folks. I slept on a water bed that night. BAD move. I had self-induced sea sickness all night long, constantly running out the daylight basement's back door to vomit. Haven't been a vodka fan ever since. Nor gin, either.

A good shot of smooth reposado tequila, not so woody in aged flavor as to no longer taste like tequila as is the case with some anejo tequilas, but not quite fresh or unsettled like a silver or blanco. Every now and again I'll mix a smoother Canadian whiskey with a touch of maple syrup and 2% milk or half & half for a dessert beverage.

Otherwise, I tend to drink one to two micro-brewed higher abv beers/day, with most of them ranging from 6.5% abv to 9.9% abv. I try to limit my intake to 1-2 alcoholic beverages total in any given 24-hour period.

No, no minor children in my home have experimented with any of my cannabis products. They know the rules, the why of it all, and the wrath the remaining son who still lives with us would face if such infractions occurred. My other two kids are adults now, and welcome to (hopefully safely and in an educated capacity) experiment with most of those things available in life..

Yeah, as far as pain pills go, I've never had a taste for the high, so it's (like I wrote earlier) about 5-6 per year, unless there's off-the-scale-pain, in which case they can become like jelly beans. Been years since that sort of experience, and I don't miss it.

Back aches are the limited end of my experience. My lumbar has been in deterioration for decades, and now is bad enough that they won't consider fusion as an option (which I find to be a relief, as fusion terrifies me). The neurosurgeon has stated, however, that he wants to do fusion to 2-3 levels in my cervical spine/neck, and I intend to plead humbly with him to find a less debilitating procedure to address this when I see him in several weeks (perhaps something similar to the lumbar procedure<s> he's planning, though this is HIS area of expertise, not mine.. I'm just the guinea pig in this whole affair).

Despite past MRIs and those currently planned on a more limited basis, they can only guess as to what 'popped' in my thoracic spine. Thus far the best guess is that in lifting some weight, the pop I heard and felt my center/thoracic spine shift, was likely the result of one of the cross-hatched ligaments that runs up and down the spine in X patterns, letting go of its anchoring.. Meaning some place in the middle of my spine, there's likely a ligament floating aimlessly about, scratching its proverbial head, four+ years later, still mumbling something about "What the fuck happened???!!" ;^>)

The numbness in the legs, which I feel when sneezing or coughing when erect/standing, or when standing up from a low-profile sitting position, etc., is apparently likely related to my spinal cord being pinched by either vertebrae or discs (probably near the lumbar). MRIs should soon define this development for us.

The tension, pain, and numbness, as well as serious discomfort, that can run down my neck base, shoulders, arms, and hands, is from compression of nerves/spine/spinal cord in my cervical/neck area.

And no, the benefits form cannabis for the back pain, though there are -some-, are limited. Sleep, however, is something that cannabis helps with. And even before the spine issues, I dealt with dyssomnia for well over 40 years.

Nothing graceful about getting old. Yes, waking up stiff and aching is part of the script.

I had a professor in sociology 35-40 years ago, from India, a descendant of a Brahmin family, though not a traditionalist in all regards in re. to the cast system, who was somewhat of an activist on campus back then, and who taught social work and sociology courses. He reportedly had family members linked to the practice of medicine in India, and I had been seeking a neurosurgeon in India (Medanta, ultimately), preceding getting my current health insurance. Eventually my former professor replied to an e-mail, saying something similar to your father's implied message ; "Why not be content with what you have?"

I've thought about that for a long time now. Still do. Much of surgery on the spinal cord is a roll of the dice. I'm guessing that for everyone who has a successful procedure, there's those who wake up with less function than they had. I think about that a fair bit. How much pain or disability is too much? How much improvement makes less pain, or even the possibility of paralysis, worth the risk or effort? Why not slowly fade away?

But as I've continued (or tried to continue) to live the way I want, this seems like the best path for now. I figure I have maybe 4-5 more years that my youngest son still would benefit from me to taking him to the bush, to my favorite remote places, showing him what I know, teaching him what I can about my moral code, nature, human kind, a sense of justice, etc., and then let what ever may come, come.

Not the best associations concerning vodka. But I would prefer the Canadian whiskey instead of the tequila.
Also I try to reduce my drinks as much as possible. But a bottle of beer (half a liter 5%) and two or three little shot glasses of vodka is something I enjoy in the evening.

And I never really assumed you feed your kids with brownies when bedtime. Just kidding.

I'm sorry to read your story. Sounds bad. And you're right. Sometimes it is difficult to decide if the quacks should perform a surgery or not.

Meanwhile I have a couple of health issues but most do I struggle with my colon. I had and still have a severe diverticulitis. I've been five times to hospital within the last two years and meanwhile the quacks removed the lower part of my colon. My belly is full of scars, I woke up puking in pain in the intensive care, with tubes and needles in every orifice of my body, but I still have new inflammations of my colon now. And the quacks told me everything would be fine after surgery.

Don't mistake me, in the end I'm thankful,because my colon was already perforated and without surgery I would be dead. But the result is not what they were talking about.

You're right, getting old is not graceful. And weed definitely makes my life more livable.

By the way - it was nice to have some cannabutter muffins in hospital. :biggrin: It made my stay much more endurable and I needed less of their oxycodon.

Cannabutter is drug and medicine at the same time. Share this recipe. There are many people out there who struggle with health issues and the cannabutter makes many things more endurable. And I think especially of people who don't have any health insurance at all.

And if you are searching for hospitals outside your country, have a look in Bangkok. Bangkok have very good inexpensive hospitals.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Thanks.

Yes, the fact is that modern medicine is still learning about the seemingly endless unknowns, and there's been times I've thrown good money away seeking conventional medical help. But in the current case, having a person who is reputed to be very good, and trying to be conservative in the approach taken, may work for the best.. I hope.

Glad that at least some of your ills were corrected by surgery, even if the primary cause for the surgery came back.

We've copied the process/recipe for your canna butter into large font, and printed it out. We'll share your method with any who inquire, or who might benefit from it. I know we'll be using it again. I'll probably be making a double batch of canna-butter brownies 4 times/year or more now, so the next batch will likely be coming up in a month and a half or so.

Thanks again!