What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

p0opstlnksal0t

not sure tbh all I know is that since I switched to promix Ive been having this issue, but then again I havent tried coco in this spot yet so maybe its something about this house? idk

Well the physan 20 didn't work for me it looks like I have is cyanobacteria and I picked up some erythromycin

Grizz

Veteran
Shit happens to the best of us. Hell I’m just now coming out of a slump of not hardly getting shit to root, and my veg having slow growth! Worst part is, I’m not really sure exactly what is turning stuff around for the better! Lmao! I’m guessin low temps/humidity... :dunno:
The no rooting cuts seem to be going around. 1st time in years I had trouble

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Some glues in my tray at 22 days and a random glue in soil 54
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DunHav`nFun

For all you Gluetards......:moon:..... Rootin cuts is the weak link in the chain for consistent crop rotations that's for sure guys.....but.....not like it just sprung up yesterday.....EVERY grower experiences it over the yrs if you do this shit for any length of time.....Me ?....

I got lucky to have been taught by old head greenhouse nursery workers on top of bein raised on a farm that HAD to produce veggies to live on through the winter back in the day , and I can root a damn rock but I digress....now......cloners.....

If I`ve heard 1 I`ve heard 1000 sob stories bout cloners killin cuts by slimin out.....truth be known , they`re an accident waitin to happen BECAUSE the pumps heat the water up and cause anaerobic conditions to proliferate in all the lil nooks and crannies inside without precaution and preventive measures.....that said......

Just like a Ferrari , cloners need constant maintenance and cleaning or guaranteed they`re gonna fuck up and get nasty , but lil bleach and SM-90 will help get the rootzone through higher temps , and there`s no faster way to get roots and put shit in rotation than with aerocloners so.....putting the pumps on timers and doin like 15 on and 15 off keeps heat gain down and helps to keep solution cooler.....aight.....

I `ve only rooted cuts 2 different ways in all my yrs , and the first and last was both 16 oz solo cups with perlite and vermiculite for the first 15-17 yrs , and the rest till retirement in clear solo cups full of coco , coco chunks , and perlite.....the clear cups helped to see the fastest rooters to use as pick of the litter in the bloom room rotations , but the true bottom line rule of thumb on cloning is......

80 degrees F and 80% humidity by all and whatever means necessary to maintain said levels till they start growin legs , but using "low light" is just as important in preventing photosynthesis and growin foliage instead of roots......

I used 40 watt T-8`s forever ever and a day with roots ready to go in a couple weeks +/- no problem.....aight.....nuff outta my old ass , but high humidity is your friend if you learn how ta control it......even using heat mats in winter to maintain rootzone temps in the high 60`s if needed......and....

I never used a humidome in my life but was blessed by livin in the Hell of the dirty south where RH lives at least in the 70 if not 80-90 percentile 24/7/365 , so humidomes not needed and only heat mats in winter.....anyways....

Hope I didn`t clog the thread just tryin ta help , but 80 % humidity and 80 degrees F will root your cuts in a timely manner everywhere except in cloners that can`t stand solution temps higher than 70 F or risk the dreaded slime.....regardless.....Good luck and ......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

DemonTrich

Veteran
I recently went with a on/off timer just to coddle my gg4 clones. Before I'd get 50% rooting, the rest died off. Now I'm 4mins on, 4 mins off, water never gets above 79*. I've now only lost 1 of 25.

And I change the water every 5 days.

Thanks again incognito brother for hooking me up with the strain I lost!

Now my other 16 strains take 4 days longer to root. I used to run my pumps 24/7 with awesome growth and no dead.

p0opstlnksal0t

i just did another thorough cleaning following an initial thorough cleaning and erythromycin run. I took all new cuts and im using Snypes formula with RO water @ 75F 24hr on (my well water has too much bacteria). ill do a water change this weekend.

If snypes formula doesnt work i might try running straight RO water with 5 drops of bleach per gallon in the turboklone and change the water out every few days in case of cyano build up.

p0opstlnksal0t

Retired my areo cloner years ago.

3 once dixie cups of coir for the cuttings now.

how do you water it and what do you water with? ive used popsickle makers filled with perlite in the past with great success but i feel like i should be able to get this aero cloner to work. im not giving up until i get this turbokloner to give me rooted cuts!

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ya I'll go through the tray and stake and tie anything that's hanging . I've tried trellis for support bit for me it's easier to bamboo stake and tie. Also a 34 day nug and 2 phenos of gg4 x moontang
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Depending on the humidity in my area after the initial hydration at cutting time I usually only have to re-hydrate the coir once more before they are rooted. Most of my cuts root in 5-10 days max.

p0opstlnksal0t

Depending on the humidity in my area after the initial hydration at cutting time I usually only have to re-hydrate the coir once more before they are rooted. Most of my cuts root in 5-10 days max.

do you keep them in a dome or anything or just out in the open?

im just now seeing some root nubs on a few of the glue cuttings i took. im starting to think my problem has been overfeeding my mothers. i lowered the EC down to .7-.8 ec for my moms and if these dont take ill try again in a week or two with cuttings from the mom @ this lower feed. im not getting roots on my 2 other strains that are fed with the same res and im not even getting roots on a test batch i have going in a dome with rapid rooters. all of these cuts were made last sunday. i had ran my veg plants at EC 1.3-1.4 with jacks 3/2 ratio trying to burn up this last bit of nutes i had in this bag not realizing the effect it could potentially have on cutting root generation. well it looks like this could be the culprit.

do you keep them in a dome or anything or just out in the open?

im just now seeing some root nubs on a few of the glue cuttings i took. im starting to think my problem has been overfeeding my mothers. i lowered the EC down to .7-.8 ec for my moms and if these dont take ill try again in a week or two with cuttings from the mom @ this lower feed. im not getting roots on my 2 other strains that are fed with the same res and im not even getting roots on a test batch i have going in a dome with rapid rooters. all of these cuts were made last sunday. i had ran my veg plants at EC 1.3-1.4 with jacks 3/2 ratio trying to burn up this last bit of nutes i had in this bag not realizing the effect it could potentially have on cutting root generation. well it looks like this could be the culprit.

I only dome when the humidity is low in the winter time and then only for 3 days max but my cloning outfit is in a cabinet so it's not really hard to keep humidity in check by just opening or shutting the doors.
Most of my veg feeds under my HIDs in veg are .9 ec or less and around 1.2 ec under my LEDs. And my lighting is just 2 23 watt CFLs for the cloning cab.
Here is a shot of a GG#4 in a 5 gallon pot of coir.
Day 40 since flip. Second shot is at 50 days

Attachments

• DSCN0887.jpg
    DSCN0887.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0893.jpg
    DSCN0893.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 8

p0opstlnksal0t

ya im not sure whats going on or why i cant get clones to root at this house. back in texas i never had issues. it either the 1.3-1.4ec feed i was giving my moms or its water quality... this last attempt where im just now seeing root nubs on 10% of the cuts at day 10 was using snypes cloning formula with RO water and 3 drops bleach per gallon. also adding a few drops of bleach every 3 days. these root nubs are more activity than ive seen in the last few months on clones but still a problem here.

Latest posts

Latest posts