What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Still have fond memories of all the peoples collective that ape ran .

When he moved to Long Beach I used to in and get Great Og teens... And 10 or so other Og's...

Skunk...fuel

.lemon pinesol. Turpentine gas.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not a SFV fan. And isn't the valley OG the cut that TLC/Jungle boys released not even that long ago? Whenever I've been offered a legit sfv cut its always been called sfv or the 818. Id take the 818 over the sfv as it seems to yield better for me.. The Sfv just isn't my cup of tea.

Ivan could have had valley...but he would not "release" it as anyone who wants it can have it. He brought the final WiFi cuts to us here in dago before releasing 43...can't remember if we have him any cuts, pretty sure he was stocked up at the time

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Ivan could have had valley...but he would not "release" it as anyone who wants it can have it. He brought the final WiFi cuts to us here in dago before releasing 43...can't remember if we have him any cuts, pretty sure he was stocked up at the time

Yeah there was a OG that he had way too many cuts of and decided to let them go through his shop. I'm almost certain he called it the valley or the Valley Fire. I 'll find out for sure what it was .

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
here on icmag he used to post as 650wick from what i saw... i remember NNCC owner kevin used to tell me storys bout tracking down all the chemdawg..giesel.. diesal and the og kush ... the closest plant ive seen was the kirkwood ogalthough its smaller.

i grew out many raskal og seeds and they were very good...

but when i got the larry and the Louie og's .

lost interest in the raskal og cuz i never got the true pheno outta the seeds i bought.

so many stories but i like how they use ICMAG as proof read material

heres another story...

The mother plant, the F-Cut OG Kush, was brought onto the scene by ICMag.com member DankiestOG. Having posted some of the arguably, dankest looking pictures of an OG Kush to ever hit ICmag.com, it was an instant hit and immediately one of the most highly sought cuttings. He claimed he had received the cutting in the late 90's/early 2000's in the Lake Tahoe area, when it was simply labeled as “Kush” ― nothing more. Named after the impressive Lake Tahoe area ski resort "KirkWood."

https://www.thenorthwestleaf.com/pages/articles/post/jan-2014-behind-the-strain-kirkwood-og

View Image
Ya I remember when he joined ic...before that, him and capt krip(?) had joined forces with raskal...then something went bad I guess and wick ended up giving raskals cut to spicoli/smoketrees and me. This caused a little dust up with spicoli and raskal which was worked out with the promise I wouldn't sell seeds made w the cut. Somehow, someway, we both ended up not running the cut, each thinking the other had backed it up. Couple/few years later we got ahold of the fire cut and it Def was not same one. Wouldn't mind getting ahold of some early raskal seeds, that's for sure!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would really like to know what people's favourite cuts are from this set of olden goldies????

Shit man...I'm so bad at this shit....I give it a try though....

I will limit it to cuts I've grown

Raskal og
Valley
BTY
Tahoe
Legend
Josh d

Took it a step further and limited it to not only cuts I've grown, but cuts I've grown and actually remember specific traits that I particularly enjoyed. I'm sure if smoketrees was still here he'd remind me of shit that would cause me to add more shit in there...but he's not, so that's it! Haha

I've had og hybrids that I would place on that list w the straight og's...Def wifi43

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raskal og
Valley
BTY
Tahoe
Legend
Josh d

This is probably the best "short" og list I've ever seen,, Sfv and valley the same?,, Sfv not make subs top 5

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raskal og
Valley
BTY
Tahoe
Legend
Josh d

This is probably the best "short" og list I've ever seen,, Sfv and valley the same?,, Sfv not make subs top 5

Not the same...I liked sfv.. actually..I like every og I've tried..that were grown well...my short list is nice because I have friends who grew lots of ogs and picked THEIR favorites! HHaha....all em except raskal and Josh d I got to smoke before growing...I'm lucky to have crossed paths w my circle of friends..

Cannavore

Veteran
i really like king louie and would grow her if i could find her. im gonna have to settle for another cut since i cant... i have a few that i have access to... tk, ghost, sfv, valley, ha, faceoff (cdub), lhb, true, & diablo.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL. "The only" makes for a really great advertising campaign. LOL.

TK is definitely NOT the same as the other OG cuts. Family correlations for sure, but not the same. No way. No how. Anyone who has smoked (______) OG and TK knows this without question.

dank.Frank

Gry

Can recall the first collective I went to had 2 strains, OG, and bricked cannabis.
Demand outstripped supply, prices were high, half an ounce was often a limit.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I think it was in 09 when I bought my pack of reserve privada (dna) OG kush. At the time I found it strange the inside if the pack said skunk va (aka chem 91). At the time I was barely reading online. Anytime I smoked my keeper with anyone claiming to know the original they are impressed.

Just recently I saw a post in one of the many OG threads that showed that phylos identified chem 91 as the mother of many of them. Triangle and ghost among them.

What I find interesting is all the debate when it seems that the guys at dna knew this at least 10 years ago.

Or maybe phylos don't know?

What are the genetics of chem 91?