What's new

Auto flower and led?

5x5led

I am going to mix up some things in my garden and need some advice please. I am soon to run some auto flower plants and have also went to led lighting. I will be using marshydro 144 reflector series lights. Most of what Ive seen is that auto flowers enjoy a 20-4 light cycle. However on the new lights they have a grow and a bloom switch set for the spectrum changes, .y question is should I use those switches seperate ly for veg and flower or would a single light cycle auto flower like both light spectrums on for the veg and flower? Also any experiance with light positioning / distance from plant recommendations would be appreciated

Ollie

Veteran
Mars Hydro recommends to distance there lights between 30-75 cm from the canopy.

imvho the spectrum swicthes are more for the bells and whistles, so I would run it "full spectrum"

18/6 or 20/4 is the prefered lightning scheadules autoflower wise, I would choose 18/6.

All the best

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly what Ollie said....Autos respond to light...18/6 or 20/4. ...we do 20/4. No need to switch from Veg to Bloom.

All of our strains respond well to LED, CFL, HID....

We have some plants at 12-14" under light, others 6-8". Your plants will let you know their comfort level.

Grow on!!

5x5led

Thank you for the response. Both replies confirmed my research I suppose I just wanted interaction on the changes. I'll post a few pics of my up and coming garden, perhaps some of you more experianced growers will have some suggestions. I like what I have going on right now , my next plan is to get rid of my insufficient co2 generator out of Gatorade bottles and move into a co2 cylinder with regulator