What's new

Autoflowering Bud density

UniverseWisdom

Ive encountered various opinions about how autoflowering plants dont equal photoperiod in the terms of bud density/quality. Does anyone have any experience?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on strain. Sativa leaning autos are airy....indica more dense buds. Some say they use 'bud hardeners'....hybrids usually hold their own. Prefer not to mess with chemicals....they go into my lungs.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on strain. Sativa leaning autos are airy....indica more dense buds. Some say they use 'bud hardeners'....hybrids usually hold their own. Prefer not to mess with chemicals....they go into my lungs.

Exactly....:laughing:

Just like any of the other million or so photo strains you have to wade through to find something of any value.

Anyone that makes a decision on one grow is not worth listening to. I usually grow a strain 2-3 times differently before its tossed into the can.

Goodluck

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly....:laughing:

Just like any of the other million or so photo strains you have to wade through to find something of any value.

Anyone that makes a decision on one grow is not worth listening to. I usually grow a strain 2-3 times differently before its tossed into the can.

Goodluck

Right on as always, S_a_H!! ;o)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DefolIate

Defoliating autos aren't that conducive to the end product, stressing them....needing time to recuperate from leaves plucked off.
Better to just let 'em rip, clean the branches @ harvest.

al70

Veteran
Defoliatee mid flower, gently to start, they love it more than photos do, goodluck

Cameltom

I do some selective leaf picking also a small amount of lollipoping. But I don't think it adds to density of nuggets. It's more of a sativa/indica thing like air said. However the light distance and intensity does play a role I believe if not density than it plays a role in mass.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do some selective leaf picking also a small amount of lollipoping. But I don't think it adds to density of nuggets. It's more of a sativa/indica thing like air said. However the light distance and intensity does play a role I believe if not density than it plays a role in mass.

Have to agree with you, Camel Tom...I don't think it adds to "density", but rather more light intensity on plants.

Never did a side-by-side comparison, but know by plucking leaves too much, it hinders their growth (slightly). Suffice to say, I keep the leaves on.

To each their own.

Latest posts

Latest posts