What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

something's wrong.

al70

Veteran
Hi everyone, i thought i'd give the autos a try after seeing some of the great results here but i've obviously f@#$/d up somewhere, they're in canna coco pro. under 2x600 hps, 8x4 tent, gh trio nutes, 11 litre pots gravel lined at the bottom for drainage, i gave them a small feed at the end of week one because they were looking a little pale, i dunno, i was looking forward to xmas, but it looks like it's gonna be a dry one for me, anyone know where i went wrong, any advice will be appreciated, cheers. ps check out the four leaf one.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeing your pics, hearing your story makes me glad we do good organic soil!!!

pH, I think, might be the problem. Tune into Infirmary or coco forum for a better handle....show em what you got.

Or roots not responding to your water regimen. Have you peeked under to see if roots are damp?

al70

Veteran
Hi guys, thanks for the replies, they're two weeks old today, the coco is wet, not soaking, still loose, the ph of the small feed that i gave em was 5.5 6.0

shredGnar

Turn one of your lights off and dim the other one of possible. Back them off as far as possible as well.

Those pots are too big for seedlings my opinion.

Finally, I know some will disagree, I fertigate every single day in coco regardless of how heavy the pots are. By watering you push out the old stale air and draw in fresh air.

HereIgrowagain

I am currently running my 1st auto grow in the sweet seeds section Jack 47. I will be updating pics later tonight I am at 2 weeks. I think you might have shocked a little with nutes to soon, however, if you give them just PHD water for the next week I reckon you will pull them back in no time. I started under a 400. I water every 2 days and I don't drowned them, yet. I have just started with low nutes.

al70

Veteran
Hi guys, the lights are 4ft away, i was thinking light stress too, thats so funny, i was thinking switch off one light also, i started them between the tissues, i got 29 outa 30, after potting o just left them with the natural light coming through the window for 5 days before starting the 600s

al70

Veteran
I am currently running my 1st auto grow in the sweet seeds section Jack 47. I will be updating pics later tonight I am at 2 weeks. I think you might have shocked a little with nutes to soon, however, if you give them just PHD water for the next week I reckon you will pull them back in no time. I started under a 400. I water every 2 days and I don't drowned them, yet. I have just started with low nutes.

I've seen your grow, it looks great, it's one of the reasons i looked for help, goodluck.

HereIgrowagain

Hi guys, the lights are 4ft away, i was thinking light stress too, thats so funny, i was thinking switch off one light also, i started them between the tissues, i got 29 outa 30, after potting o just left them with the natural light coming through the window for 5 days before starting the 600s

I wouldn't worry yet. I seeded on a plate for a few days before potting, then I left them at natural light for 1 week then into the tent under a 400 for 1 week 24hrs lights on. They have just completed 1 week at 20/4. I have fed nutes today and I will be switching to 18/6 later tonight. You are only basically where I was this time last week, a big difference from what I will show later. I have kept the PH between 5.8-6.2 running in 7 litre pots. As long as you can keep your hand below the light then the seedlings can take the heat also.
No need to panic I'm sure. :tiphat:

Last edited:
B

bigganjabud

Mine are like yours at two weeks, i'm gonna water tomorrow with runoff and turn one of the lights off and see what happens, i'm f¥¥%~ng devastated

Erm what seeds are they? From who?

shredGnar

From a window sill to 2 x 600 watts is asking for trouble.

Especially in those huge pots. The plant doesn't have the roots to transpire enough for all that light. Low humidity just adds to the problems. (Don't know what yours is at? )

I would have very little light in that tent for the next several days... maybe just a few fluorescents if you have any laying around. Then SLOWLY introduce more light.

I personally would water them everyday. Aiming for a few mls of runoff, just to know the water made its way thru and pushed out the old air. After the coco is wet you only need to add a very small amount to get run off when they are that small. Add just as much as you think they are drinking everyday.

However I know many people like to treat their coco like pro mix, until the plant is 'root bound', and get very good results so to each their own...

Either way, ease up on the lights, lol

B

bigganjabud

Yeah you can give all the gory details even if it was some shady guy at a growshow

al70

Veteran
From a window sill to 2 x 600 watts is asking for trouble.

Especially in those huge pots. The plant doesn't have the roots to transpire enough for all that light. Low humidity just adds to the problems. (Don't know what yours is at? )

I would have very little light in that tent for the next several days... maybe just a few fluorescents if you have any laying around. Then SLOWLY introduce more light.

I personally would water them everyday. Aiming for a few mls of runoff, just to know the water made its way thru and pushed out the old air. After the coco is wet you only need to add a very small amount to get run off when they are that small. Add just as much as you think they are drinking everyday.

However I know many people like to treat their coco like pro mix, until the plant is 'root bound', and get very good results so to each their own...

Either way, ease up on the lights, lol
thanks so much, ive been tryin to raise the humidity, i cant get it over 50, i did'nt research enough before growing the autos i thought they were gonna be an easy run, i'll get it right,,, eventually,, goodluck.

al70

Veteran
Three different strains, got em from herbie, 24 fast and vast, got six freebies with this order, 3 acid and 3 vertigo, paradise seeds, the freebies are stronger.

al70

Veteran
I'm not gonna judge anyone yet, i have'nt perfected my growing yet but my setup is exactly the same as my last photo. grow so i thought i'd be near right, i was exxpecting grow rate similar to the sandnut's sticky 1200watt grow, talk about jumping in at the deep end,, goodluck.