What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Organic Growers

ColorGRo

So if you are an organic grower and dony make your own compost, where do u get It from? I'm in colorado and bought some good compost but it was a long drive. I want to hear where you get yours from. I prefer to go somewhere that will let me take a 5gallon bucket and fill for a price. I dont want to buy conpost from a hydro store or home depot. Thanks

MPL

I don't know anyone who grows MJ organically who doesn't make their own. I'm sure such people exist, but I haven't met them yet.

Is there a reason you prefer to buy it?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm gonna venture a guess and say that he probably doesn't have the space, probably like alot of other people in CO that are renting, urban setting, etc. I can't really help you out on this either but maybe check craigslist or any local produce stands or farmers markets. If they don't do it themselves then there are sure to at least know people who do. :yes:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been getting bagged composted manure from a nursery in the past but I've been given the option to take some 3 yr old horse shit for free for this gal I'm helping out once in a while. You'd be set if you could find a similar source.

Check craigslist, I've seen it there the few times I've looked.

Start a worm bin. They don't take up much space and are extremely efficient.

ColorGRo

Ya no space and I have vermicompost. Just speaking about compost. I will have to look on Craigslist more not much in my area.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Depending on your area there is plenty of locally made compost here in Colorado.

satva

Veteran
There is a farmer at the Boulder's Farmers market that sells organic compost. The market is open spring thru fall.

Bongstar420

Random compost is worthless (though its expensive due to its bulk like most organic stuff)...do not go out of your way for compost unless you have an exact reason for it.