What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15-20 temps per day (6 days/week)....errr

NOKUY

Veteran
my company has been staffing 15-20 "temp" workers every day for the past 14-ish days....we get them on a daily basis.

we get mostly really good solid ppl....im actually surprised....

we are offering 3 of them a perm. full time gig.

these guys kicked ass and worked for us daily for the past 3weeks..

...my point on this is that i def. did not think that this would work (hiring the temps)

were a small manufacturing company...

... and i'd hire ppl thru a temp agency way faster than craigslist candidates.

of the people that we get daily from the temp agency...only a couple are keepers, but they are getting a job offfer.

....btw...i keeping on working even tho i could pull that plug too..

NOKUY

Veteran
i dont have to wrk anymore....but i def. wanna give my bosses the help they need.

NOKUY

Veteran
I owe a few ppl here alot too...and all will get what they deserve...in good and bad ways.

...def mostly good (that karma thing comes knocking sometimes)

i'm no karma god, but i'm def glad to help out a few ppl!

Z

Z-ro

this might be the most retarded waste of space thread ive read on ic yet

NOKUY

Veteran
this might be the most retarded waste of space thread ive read on ic yet

do you own this piece of gypsy real-estate?

your not the judge dumb-ass.

holler when u have something real to offer...aiight

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
good for you helping people get hooked up with a job even if only temporary, give 'em a reference letter if they were any good.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Good to hear that some of these guys are getting an actual job, as opposed to just work-which is all agencies find for you.
I think employment agencies are immoral leeches, getting money from other peoples labour by doing nothing that the person couldn't have done -if the employment agencies didn't have a stranglehold on the advertising of jobs.
Here in the UK, if you go to the jobcentre, most unskilled jobs are now with agencies, and the jobcentre is contractually not allowed to tell you the actual company the agency is hiring for, in case you apply direct(the firm may also be contractually obliged to automatically reject direct applications) and cut out the middle-leeches. They even have to word ads carefully so that you cant guess,keeping details of the job out of the ad. I've worked for agencies who were being payed triple and quadruple for me per hour, than the agency was actually paying me--thats wrong, nobody should directly make more money from a mans work, than the man doing the work. What do I mean by this? Well, if you have a small company with lets say 10 employees, plus the boss, the boss makes more money than everyone else by taking a percentage of the value from the labours of each worker--thats fine IMO, but if he takes more from from each individual workers work, than the worker takes himself, that's just wrong-again IMO.
Anyway, good on your company for actually taking some guys on-too often(over here) agency workers are used to do long term jobs, but constantly kept as temps, on lower wages, and with significantly less rights.

Last edited:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Z-ro again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to supermanlives again.

That's what I'm talking about. Some people are too cool. This guy is such a joke. My ignore list just got another member.

Latest posts

Latest posts