What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY CO2 PPM Controller

synthacide

any one notice the price of the telaire 8002 has gone way up... ($270)

is there anyother controllers that are cheaper, that will work with this system?

outofpublicside

hi, great thread!

i need a co2 controller for my cabinet, this is how i found this thread, and i have a question for you. the telaire/ventostat 8001/8002 controller is just great but its too expensive for me, so iam going to buy an
airstat 5030 co2/temp controller from GE Sensing.
so i am going to have a 600w hps and 4 plants. should i add co2 to the system at all? i mean could my babies use more co2 with a 600watter?
thx

Bump... This is a great thread just to add something to it when calibrating you can use Nitrogen gas to achieve 0ppm just put your controller into some kind of box fill it with gas and see what it reads!

414ozzy

sorry for bumping this ancient tread, but I just built this unit and it is working , except for the fact that is not turning power on to the outlet, I think that the cause of this is that the ppm sensor is not calibrated. I went to the software and tried to connect to my computer through a store bought ehernet cable, and when prompted to connect to my computer, I get a runtime error prompt. ....I see that there is a wiring diagram at the end of the original post for a homemade ethernet cable, My question to anyone who might know is ..are ethernet cables different from eachother, could this be the cause of the error or is it software related?...Any help would be appreciated as I have come this far and am aching to see it in action.

THE RIGHT TOUCH

HEY BARTENDER187 can u help me with designing a co2ppm controller that i can plug an exaust fan into too....that will shut off the fan once the co2 is being injected....into the room......please post asap if any1 out there has a clue on this matter....thnx
:thank you:

HEY BARTENDER187 can u help me with designing a co2ppm controller that i can plug an exaust fan into too....that will shut off the fan once the co2 is being injected....into the room......please post asap if any1 out there has a clue on this matter....thnx
:thank you:

Take your relay with the 110V input. Attach your co2 outlet to the NC and your fan to the NO side. The NO-NC may need to be reversed depending on the way the telaire is wired.

got to be careful though, you may just build a device that automatically empties your bottle!

What you really want is something like a CAP air 3 that will turn your fan on if the temp or humidity reach a set level, while disableing your co2.

If you can't hold the Co2 in the room for a decent amount of time, your throwing your money out the window.

It's something you can DIY but by the time you source out the parts and build it out your close to the price of buying one.

THE RIGHT TOUCH

cap air 3

cap air 3

Take your relay with the 110V input. Attach your co2 outlet to the NC and your fan to the NO side. The NO-NC may need to be reversed depending on the way the telaire is wired.

got to be careful though, you may just build a device that automatically empties your bottle!

What you really want is something like a CAP air 3 that will turn your fan on if the temp or humidity reach a set level, while disableing your co2.

If you can't hold the Co2 in the room for a decent amount of time, your throwing your money out the window.

It's something you can DIY but by the time you source out the parts and build it out your close to the price of buying one.
hey thnx for responding....i was looking into buying 1 of those but i thought i wouldve been better for the co2 2 turn on when needed so i figured as well as the exaust fan.....wut do u think?

It's a balancing act. Your exhaust fan is regulating your temp and humidity, you want it to turn off and stay off when co2 is being injected. Now once you get to 1500 or your desired level, you need it to stay there. If your temp or humidity raise to fast and cause the fan to turn back on within a few minutes, the plants won't see the elevated levels of Co2 long enough or regularly enough to get the full benefit. If you can keep your fan off for 20 minutes at a time, you should be good. Otherwise you need to look into a sealed system with an AC.

DrBlaze

I know this thread is old but I'm resurrecting it, it doesn't make sense to split up information on a subject like this.

First off, thank you OP and everyone else who contributed to this DIY :)

Second, I've ordered the co2 sensor off ebay, but just realized that the monitoring software is no longer available for download (every reference to it online points to the same site, which no longer has it for dl)

Can anyone help me out (as well as any others who try to build this project) and post it somewhere? Thank you :)

Hellenic420

Thank you for the tutorial.

Thank you for the tutorial.

Thank you very much I just built one of these I was able to get most pieces from broken Electronics from around the house. I got my relay from an air conditioner. I used a surround from a nanolux ballast I had that had blown on me. All I had to really buy was the Transformer, outlet, the controller and a few connectors. Then got creative with a chop saw a drill and a Sawzall. thank you for making it so easy. Even managed to wire a small fan to keep it cool.

Attachments

• 20170618_211004.jpg
    20170618_211004.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20170618_211020.jpg
    20170618_211020.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20170618_211013.jpg
    20170618_211013.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Latest posts