What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Pie strain from Humboldt?

noteron

Thought I'd follow up on this one.

Grew out 10 beans. One didn't sprout and 3 were females. Composted the males. Ended up topping them and bending down the main stems for training. Took 3 clones of each, one for a temporary mother and two for round 2, SOG style in 1-gal soil under the 400hps. One will be pulled with trichs cloudy some clear, the other 50/50 amber cloudy. I figure this way I'll be able to compare the 3 in a lst and sog style grows and see which one I want to keep for the future.

They were very fragrant from the start of veg, all had dark stems. In flower, leaves got very dark, but looked healthy. The 3 didn't yield very much, but they did get frosty as shit and look to be some danky dank. Smell is very berry like. Taste is awesome. On the exhale you can really taste the sweetness. The smell of the smoke is perfume-like and aromatic. Definitely leaves a pleasant fruity aroma in the room.

Beautiful pheno!!! I have a cut that's supposed to be CP so we'll see if she looks half as good as yours.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^real alien?? laytonville is the place! lots of good genetics come out of there....i already have the cherry pie and its cousin the Cookies but i''ve been looking for a Purple Kush x Bubba Diesel or something like that, it has a real minty bubba kush taste and purples up nice....my buddies who did the CP outdoors outta laytonville were getting 28-3 for their outdoors in SF at the clubs insanely good looking buds with high bag appeal. kids out here cant get enough it is pretty much its own brand name...i personally like the cookies more though its got a creamfilling cookie taste hard to describe...heres some cookie i got from the club.
picture.php

it would be nice to see some of those genetics on the market, but i have a feeling they arent gonna be cheap...

so it was OG kush female hit with durban pollen? i heard it was the OG kush that was the male, because they backcrossed the CP to the OG kush to get the Cookies.....would like to know the real deal. alot of people are breeding CP here in the bay area because the laytonville-sf connection is strong, but it might be different circles....but i thought it was the dark purple GDP cut that was original female that they keep hitting with the OG and durban pollen..but maybe i heard wrong.

theres also a durban dominant CP pheno around that is really skunky less kushy.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
reading this MADE me go out & get some pie.

that smell DOES make you keep smelling & wanting to taste!

good shit, i have a few beans.

yea i have bought cherry pie from a local club and found a few beans before....

some of them do self pollinate, but if you have the stable cut it shouldnt. but alot of my friends who grow CP or Cookies keep a bottle of Dutchmaster reverse around, hit it in early flower and should keep the nanners down..

i have a ton of Cookie beans that ive been going through to find phenos but im tired of having the hermies pollinate everything lol.....but ive managed to find a really nice cookie pheno that im trying to isolate...

drymouth

yo alien G, Edit DoobieDuck TOU Violation
7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning.

I see you fucks wit alien gear.... I found this gem in a 5 out of 10 pack of CC gear.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hopefully i can snatch some of them CP seeds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
cant wait for those CP beanz to hit gotta keep me updated with that obviously if you have more important things to do then do them :p

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
The original Cherry Pie that we are working with is the Tahoe OG female crossed with the (GDP x Durban Poison) male. That male was created by hitting the GDP female with Durban, then a GDP dominant father was selected from the offspring to pollinate the Tahoe cut.

The Girl Scout Cookies is a great one as well. Not sure which was the male/female in the Cherry Pie x Fire OG cross, but I can ask around a few circles of friends and get back to you.

-Alien

thanks for clearing that up!! yeah the CP is real interesting, you can see the GDP, the durban, and a little kush in it.

i love the cookies though! and yea im almost 100% sure it was the CP female hit with the fire male OG pollen....because i know the circle with that infamous fire OG male. i think it basically happened when the CP finally got down to SF and was being grown locally some of the guys down here started pollen hacking her.... i have a bunch of Girl Scout Cookie beans crossed back to that same fire og male again.....all those girls come out real kush dominant but i found one cookie pheno that i managed to save. i havent had time to do as much pheno hunting through that bag of seeds as i want because im so focused on other things...

and yeah ive definately thought about trying to make another purple OG cross.....i wanna take my boys very high yeilding dark purple GDP and hit it with some SFV or Fire OG pollen......

drymouth

Yes4Prop215, I'm startin to like your style bro! It's funny how I started hearing bout both them strains from my young homies in the streets, I guess there all berner&jacka fans and Gobots fans....

"i wanna take my boys very high yeilding dark purple GDP and hit it with some SFV or Fire OG pollen......"

thats fuckin sick bro do that shit!

Yo Alien, which Tahoe is that? CC's or the actuall clone? reason i ask is i have a pack of CC's tahoe, and I poped 5 and found no keeper just some gangally lookin shit with soild typical small dense OG buds. and was that durban form one of them dutch companies? Sorry for all the Q's.... just tryna get schooled on the CHerry and cookies incase a muhfucka try and pull my card on this shit!

drymouth

Yo Ag thanks for the info, I swere I always run into some kats that think they know bout this shit! Talkin this, and talkin that, but aint talkin bout a dam thing! What other Alien gear you working with? I got an alien bubba pheno that’s straight up dank! But the shit herm’s on me… I still keep that shit around despite its issue. I just lolly pop it so I don’t have that many nanners to deal with.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
No worries. Happy to get the info out there. The different phenos from the original CP beans are interesting. The one we chose and kept up north mostly resembles the Tahoe OG in structure...very sativa dominant and it will stretch a good bit if not trained properly. It takes to supercropping well, and does best with shitloads of tops since the finished bud size is on the smaller side. This particular pheno finishes a deep purple and red once cured. Definitely the best out of all the beans sprouted by the original breeder.

yea thats the pheno my buddy ran last year...shit came out purple and red! they also had a "skunk" pheno that is good smoke but not as good as the purple pheno..

get your post count up so i can PM you alien!

"i smoke weed from mendo...where the trees grow taller where ya hiiiigh last longer...see up here we smoke everyday!! we smoke weed from mendooo! hindu kush and catpiss, chop it down bag it up man lets get paid!!"

if you know those guys we know the same folks....MM is the homie.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
California bastards :) .....some times I think about going out west and going crazy ..finding elite cuts and shipping them back to myself ..and those alien pics look good ..and the info is great

R

Red Swan

I just got two rooted clones of the Cherry Pie and the Girl Scout Cookies are coming soon. Got them both from a local grower here in SF. How much does CP stretch at the flip if grown with 6-10 branches.

Surprised no one is ripping this one off yet or even better making an IBL of it in 6 months and putting it up at auction.

NorCal

Veteran
Doesn't stretch too much. Strain seems to be unstable though. Walked into one of my rooms at 4 weeks and saw male balls hanging off the plants. Never got seeds but it def scared the shit out of me.

Latest posts

Latest posts