What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

thinking of doing a treetop grow

just as an experiment im thinking of doing a treetop grow of an auto speed bud, gunna use biobizz light with clay pellets grit with biobizz grow n bloom etc, 3 gal fabric pot and sum black climb rope to knot it to the treetop, the one i saw was a dense pine, ima go check it out more tommorow, it looked ok but i didnt climb it as I was short on time and had to go it had loads of fkin spider webs which i didnt want on my head too,

my question is, if the rain waters it, which in the uk will alot except in the uk :'(, how often will i have to use nutes? and at what age of it do you think as this strain finishes at 60 days and when i do use nutes grow or bloom, good day weewooooo :tiphat::woohoo: :moon:

bobert

I would do a grow where you can easily manage the plants, like not in a tree. Its pretty hard to just leave it and expect it to still grow correctly. Where I'm at, spider mites love pine trees which are extremely hard to get rid of.

What I usually do is find a good secluded spot away from any roads or trails and make a spot camouflaged with tree branches and thorn bushes so any animal or person would have a hard time finding it.

Hope this helps :)

Criollo

I thinked too many times to grow in a tree but never i do it...good luck!

If you're going to do, tie it well
And with a photos this can be really good!

I thinked too many times to grow in a tree but never i do it...good luck!

If you're going to do, tie it well
And with a photos this can be really good!

I will try too. I'm back from holiday in a few days so yeah i will, can this thread be a grow diary btw?

I would do a grow where you can easily manage the plants, like not in a tree. Its pretty hard to just leave it and expect it to still grow correctly. Where I'm at, spider mites love pine trees which are extremely hard to get rid of.

What I usually do is find a good secluded spot away from any roads or trails and make a spot camouflaged with tree branches and thorn bushes so any animal or person would have a hard time finding it.

Hope this helps :)
Where I am it's abit too cold for spider mites and the tree spot I have picked is near some paths and roads but it's not very far from home and I'm not sure how often I will water it if I have water crystals at the bottom but I'll see.experimenting.:tiphat:

Slabs

definitely a creative idea but I could definitely see issues with doing that. watering being a big one and pests depending on the tree you decide on. but hell, that's what experimenting is all about. trial and error. best of luck man and if you do follow thru post some pictures lol

definitely a creative idea but I could definitely see issues with doing that. watering being a big one and pests depending on the tree you decide on. but hell, that's what experimenting is all about. trial and error. best of luck man and if you do follow thru post some pictures lol

They will only be 3 gallon grow bags and the strains a heavy yielded but quite short, should I post pics on here or start a grow diary thread?

i grow

If you decide to do this run yourself a rubber hose down to the ground that will hook onto a water pump that fits into a chuck on a cordless drill. that way when you do have to add nutes and or water you don't have to climb up every time.just hook up your hose from pot to cordless drill squeeze trigger and the plant is watered.
I did this one year and it turned out well.the drill pumps are very quiet you really cant even hear them run.

If you decide to do this run yourself a rubber hose down to the ground that will hook onto a water pump that fits into a chuck on a cordless drill. that way when you do have to add nutes and or water you don't have to climb up every time.just hook up your hose from pot to cordless drill squeeze trigger and the plant is watered.
I did this one year and it turned out well.the drill pumps are very quiet you really cant even hear them run.
Where I'm doing this is in a few acres
Of ancient woodland in a city, it will be too risky doing this:peacock:

i grow

if your only growing in 3 gallon bags put two gallon jugs in a backpack and carry it in. in 3 gallon grow bags your gonna have to water at some point.

Gry

There is a thread of a tree grow that has a video linked to it that is amazing.

Latest posts

Latest posts