What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chillum?

Spaventa

Veteran
I haven't tried one, but I looked at one in a headshop awhile back. They only had it in gold, which I thought looked crappy, but otherwise, it looked okay. Probably a pain in the ass to clean that curly thing in the middle.

Im guessing you turn the knurled bit to spin the corkscrew to "drill" the the tube full?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
There is a big Chillum culture going on with the Italians, I even know one who does not smoke joints...

There is a cottage industry, possibly originating from around the Brescia area, of very high tech clay chillums, cost about 100 to 300 Euros/$ Custom designs, artists with signature styles, a bunch I know just bought 9 different but similar from "the best chillum maker there is".

I will get some photos in the next few days.

Spaventa

Veteran
There is a big Chillum culture going on with the Italians, I even know one who does not smoke joints...

There is a cottage industry, possibly originating from around the Brescia area, of very high tech clay chillums, cost about 100 to 300 Euros/$ Custom designs, artists with signature styles, a bunch I know just bought 9 different but similar from "the best chillum maker there is".

I will get some photos in the next few days.

cool, thanks :)

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
check this thread man!!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=133507&highlight=chilum

Boom shiva!

depositphotos_25106333-stock-photo-parvati-vale-india-chilum-smoking.jpg

Spaventa

Veteran
The screw is attached to the mouthpiece, and the entire thing slides out of the glass tube for easy cleaning.

When setting up, you remove the screw and dump in herb. Replace the screw and rotate it into the herb until the mouthpiece is seated. When smoking, you turn the screw to push ash out and push bud to the opening.

Personally, I'd like to see a smaller diameter unit for single person sessions.

Oh ok. Yes absolutely about the smaller diameter unit. Doesn't look hard to DIY/improvise to be honest. Im sure we all have a corkscrew nobody would miss and piece of pyrex tube must be on eBay. Hmmmm we may have identified a niche in the market :)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Thats clay?! l'd believe its machined alloy!

Thats clay, it looks like extremely precision machined alloy !

Some of them recently got together to do a group buy and by pure luck I was around to get a photo of them all together.

I missed the name of the Chilum maker, but they said it was the top guy, prices varied, but were around the E200 mark. The cleaning rod is shown on the right.

picture.php

Gelado`

Veteran
I got a nice Italian one for a steal several years ago; a maker tried his hand at selling on eBay and I got in early and bought one of his first ones. Damn nice chillum. I tend to go for plain clay as I like the way it looks better. Can't wait until I harvest my new crop; I'll pack fat chillum loads again :)

Spaventa

Veteran

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Happy Shitpost! Just wanted to say that these things are on eBay for people that aren't close to a head shop or smoke shop.

Spaventa

Veteran
Bought this one. I prefer the look of the tip. Was £15 but should be here in a day or two AND its blue :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 14

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that looks rad!
does the extension tip screw onto the existing mouthpiece or do you put it on instead od the larger, shorter mouthpiece?

it that a cotton filter?

Latest posts

Latest posts