What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of flower, dehumidifer use

Hey guys question,
approaching harvest, just started flushing.
Noticed one of the bigger colas had dead spots,
after a few days it started getting worse, so I cut it.

Upon inspection I think I have mold, its right in the bud along the stem, kinda fuzzy looking, greyish thing.

kinda upsetting because it was one of the decent size looking colas.

Question is, I was going to put my dehumidifier into the tent and run at at 50% rh, but last time I did this my exhaust fan has a temp setting to go off at 27 degrees and it just kept going and going, so I turned it the dehumidy, does anyone else use a dehumidifier in their tent? im unable to dry the air outside the tent because its a double garage.

what do you guys do, the RH seems to get high during lights out.

##Edit
I have a fan blowing over the tops of the canopy, and also put one to blow below the canopy a few nights ago,

was thinking I would turn the extractor off when it was night time and just run the demidifer by itself to keep the dry air in

Last edited:

ISM2

Do you have fresh air coming into the grow room?
Are you exhausting to the garage or outside?

al70

Veteran
I suffer with high humidity also, during lights off I run a small fan heater near the intakes , the dry heat keeps the rah down to n the tent, keep a close eye on the rest of your crop, that shit spreads fast, open the colas gently and check them, good luck.