What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

LostTribe

Premium user
Update on the fem NL's The twin seed sisters now look like identical twins and very indica in appearance. The other seed tweeted out at the 2nd node with mutation but is starting to come back around and has shown a bit of growth too. I will post some pics once they get moving but really not much to see right now.

LostTribe

Premium user
Update on the fem NL's The twin seed sisters now look like identical twins and very indica in appearance. The other seed tweeted out at the 2nd node with mutation but is starting to come back around and has shown a bit of growth too. I will post some pics once they get moving but really not much to see right now.

The Mutant started to pop out of it today finally and is looking like the seed twin sisters heavy India even at 2nd node. I'm sorta getting excited to see what comes of these if its the Sensi NL of old I am gonna be really satisfied.

GoatCheese

Veteran
we grew out some of their black dom. about 7-8+ years ago... looking for the 'ortega' pheno.. which is supposedly the bomb.. I think we found the tall/lanky pheno , but it was weak... still have 1/2 or more of the orig pack of seeds..

a note... we grew 'jock horror' a knockoff of jack herer from nirvana years ago... best weed we ever grew, but failed to take cuttings, and after growing out 2+packs of jock, never found that special lady again... also bought a pack of jherer.. same results ..weed was good, not special...

Here's an Ortega-pheno of Black Domina. Killer indica effect, certainly not a weak one and i have a fairly high tolerance.

I bought the pack this spring and grew half of it. She was the only girl out of five seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

:)

H

hard rain

I grew Jack Herer last year and it was great. Looked just the pic on their website. Fantastic High. Wish I still had it.:comfort:

geneva_sativa

pics not showing, hope someone else will chime in that knows easy way to post pics. . .

I always have to relearn each time I post any:whee:

LostTribe

Premium user
Is the pic not showing? And how do I post pics so they are not sideways

I dont even see a url link and your album only has durban so if you are trying to post via url link go to advanced reply at the bottom of the page. Click the "insert image" at the top, its the one that looks like 2 mountains and a sun in a square box. Then copy and paste your link or album link in the pop up. Click done.

Happy Times

The Mutant started to pop out of it today finally and is looking like the seed twin sisters heavy India even at 2nd node. I'm sorta getting excited to see what comes of these if its the Sensi NL of old I am gonna be really satisfied.

Good luck!! Hope you get something nice there.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Mr Nice still has the haze, if you want dutch incense-haze you will find it in their beans! Here is what you can get of the Nevils Haze seeds sold today:

View Image

View Image

View Image

This female was chosen from half a pack of Mr. Nice seeds, she is difficult to get right but when you do the reward is high :D

Sensi seeds might not be the company i enjoy supporting the most, but i do love a lot of their strains!

And what i have seen so far from the maple leaf indica (seeds bought 2013ish) looks like it still is the same line. Here is a Honululu Haze x Maple leaf indica cross, this particular female is strongly MLI leaning:

View Image

Also check: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2849329&postcount=102

The maple leaf indica doesn' look like this nowadays. Same thrash as their Skunk#1. Big sativa plants with sativa high. Both share identical phenos. Bullshit strains today. With Fruity Juice and Early Girl it's the same. Fruity Juice becomes mediocre indica and Early girl was pure hemp. Also Black Domina can't live up to the name. Weak plants. They fucked it up big time. The only strains that worked really well and as expected/hoped for were Super Skunk and Sensi Skunk. But they seem to be the same strain anyways. Totally identical phenos.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Agree transparency is most important. I do agree that 1 seed is not enough for a true assessment on the overall quality of their product. I do plan to grab a whole pack of MLI. Miss that one and reports have said it remains the same old school genetics.

I fell for it, don't do it. The guy who told you he knows the seedmaker of ML was very wrong.

LostTribe

Premium user
When did you buy those MLI seeds?
Did just about every plant look like a skunk?

There actually is some Skunk#1 in MLI, btw

There is not any Sk#1 in the MLI. MLI is a building block of the rest of Sensi's lines and was removed from Afghanistan's Mazar-I-Sharrif region long before the soviet invasion. I don't see any pics disproving that the MLI is the same as back in the day. It had a sweet brown sugar sort of taste and a sharp smell.

My NL are 100% indica looking.

Too many people are too quick to jump on a thread and trash talk without so much as 1 picture? You have a guy trash talking not 1 but 4 separate strains and not 1 pic.

seeded

I grew maple leaf indica in 2014 (lost it with the grow that year) and it was fantastic. There were a couple of very bad hermies but the other eight plants were almost all identical and grew exactly as their description says. It tasted like sweet hash, the smoke was very smooth and slightly expanding and it gave you this extremely comfortable body glow like your muscles were relaxed to the max and everything was right in the world. It's definitely not as high yielding or potent as most of the offerings to be found these days but it is a special strain that should be on every growers bucket list. 9/10, do recommend.

I've also grown sensi's hashplant, skunk #1 and black domina over the years all of which were good but hardly deserving of the hype around them. The hashplant was fairly uniform in structure and taste but the highs varied from hemp to boring couch lock with mild at best euphoria. The skunk#1 all looked different though there was a single indica pheno that was ball grippingly potent when overcooked by a week and the black domina was strong but boring in every way. I wouldn't recommend any of them at all.