What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cost of greenhouse for Marijuana grow?

I just wanted to consider getting a rather tiny greenhouse for Marijuana and probably no more than five plants but room to expand, what would it generally run me, and what kind of strains would you recommend that grow best in them?

I built mine out of garbage for 50$

20'x12'

There are some sweet university publications on the construction of hoop houses. Easy to find last time I searched.

Good luck (study hard) and have fun growing some lovely...cannabis

GvBurZSh.jpg

I built mine out of garbage for 50$

20'x12'

There are some sweet university publications on the construction of hoop houses. Easy to find last time I searched.

Good luck (study hard) and have fun growing some lovely...cannabis

View Image

Ahhh, I actually heard about these in the past but for some reason totally forgot they existed! Thanks for the reminder and I will definitely surf around and see what I can find. Outcome so far is looking pretty good. Found some already for under $100 thus far but maybe i'll surf around on Youtube for some ideas on cheaper ways to do it.

Shooters

We built ours out of free glass off of craigslist, even the sliding glass door was free, and we spent about $300 total for the poly-c roofing, some lumber (most was recycled and free) and hardware. 12' x 24' holds five plants with room to be able to tend those plants.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We built ours out of free glass off of craigslist, even the sliding glass door was free, and we spent about $300 total for the poly-c roofing, some lumber (most was recycled and free) and hardware. 12' x 24' holds five plants with room to be able to tend those plants.

View Image

View Image

View Image

That actually looks like an amazing place to start growing cannabis seeds in that greenhouse, even the dog looks like it would want some! Thanks for sharing the pictures, maybe I should be digging around on places like craigslist instead of Amazon!

Tynehead Tom

70 bux in 12foot 2x4's and screws and staples
85 bux for plastic.
recycled metal piping from a former yard shelter for sides and ridge pole.
and some scrap plywood from another project for the skirting.
so under 200 (Canadian pesos)
has survived some extreme weather just fine too
picture.php

70 bux in 12foot 2x4's and screws and staples
85 bux for plastic.
recycled metal piping from a former yard shelter for sides and ridge pole.
and some scrap plywood from another project for the skirting.
so under 200 (Canadian pesos)
has survived some extreme weather just fine too
View Image

Looks good. Maybe i'll take component ideas from this cannabis grow greenhouse and the other one and come up with my own unique creation, thanks for sharing! :tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user
what they said build one out of the plastic electrical conduit some tie's and some poly!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I really like shooters setup. I almost did the same thing on my building. I ended up calling Farmtek and having one specked out for my area. 12'w x 20'l x 8'h. I'm raising it up on rail road ties about 18" to 2'. With upgrade of furnace model and better fans. Mine ran me $4,800. 10 thirty gallon and 2 fourty five gallon grow bags made it an even 5 Grand shipped to my part of the world. I hope it gets here this week. 10 of my 16 ladies have sprouted. They will be looking for a home soon. Peace

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make sure you don't skimp on thickness of poly or materials. Ours lasted 10 years with few repairs until year 9 needing reinforcement where it wore due to wood 90 angles....wind/sun the culprit. Highly praise simple greenhouse construction. Lots of information out there to explore construction choices. Well worth the longevity.

Hoop houses are simple, easy to erect.....lean to's affixed to a S. or SE direction are great, too. Extends growing (all matter...veggies, herbs, perennials, etc.) by 2-2.5 months overall!