What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

vermontman

You know, it's a difficult one to pin down! I have a chunk in front of me right now and the memory of what it was like grown indoors.

First of all, what it isn't: there is a distinct absence of sweet, skunky, or "kushy" elements in the aroma and flavor.

That isn't meant to downplay the fact that this is very smelly, sticky herb. There's just something to it that is unique, almost metallic or maybe more appropriately, a mineral-earth quality. There are elements of citrus in the background but there is a predominant herbal/medicinal/earth profile.

The flavor is sweeter, and I get citrus/mint notes along with a more "old school" spicy herbal flavor. I will note here that the outdoor sample smokes a little rougher than average herb despite the white ash it leaves behind, but is still pleasant and tasty.

Thank you green genes,
Great info!

green-genes77

Veteran
What about the buzz, nice description details!!!

I think you exactly characterized the quality of the high. It really does have a buzzy, electric quality to it. It's pretty cerebral in general-thoughts flow freely and clearly. It could be considered a little invigorating or energizing, but I think it's more like encouraging. It makes you feel content and confident in an interesting way. The buzz also has legs, and comes in waves.

When I smoke Nepal Jam, the high makes me want to enjoy it consciously, and I usually won't smoke other herb right on top of it because it is that enjoyable and unique on its own.

It has a physical quality too, especially on the front end. It is a bit of a face-number that feels "buzzy" throughout the body at times. The raw potency seems on the high end of moderate but the quality of the high is exceptional.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I'm hunting for something that makes you giddy as a child on christmas morning. SOARING, super uplifting, and yet clear enough where sometimes you have to ask yourself if your high. A glowing, electric, nuclear feeling energy. Too happy to be negative anxious or paranoid.

Easy7

Veteran
Anyone know of Malberry seeds at HD? Or fast outdoor genetics at HD.

Malberry has a line of african sativas. Fog has an early african sativa thought to be a durban hybrid crossed with another african.

Just wanted to check on rep

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I'm hunting for something that makes you giddy as a child on christmas morning. SOARING, super uplifting, and yet clear enough where sometimes you have to ask yourself if your high. A glowing, electric, nuclear feeling energy. Too happy to be negative anxious or paranoid.

African and South American.

wumbatti

Here is the plant I have shown before, now been flowering +100days, not sure how many exactly, could be 120days soon.
Grown from seeds which I got in Varanasi.
Now I start to regret I threw the cuts away :tiphat:

green-genes77

Veteran

I promise I am not paid to promote Ace but you might consider trying their Panama. It's on the stoney side but I feel like it's pretty clear, and not at all anxiety promoting. Definitely positive, social and giggly. Outstanding flavor as well.

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Any specifics Illuminate.... Especially with South American....
Africans of course I'm interested in congo\malawi\durban.... but kinda unsure where to go with South American.... I'm thinking of going for some Panama\congo stuff from ace when I get a chance.... Dubi recommends me trying Orient Express, but I think I might be overstating the non-anxiety part...

vermontman

Anyone know of Malberry seeds at HD? Or fast outdoor genetics at HD.

Malberry has a line of african sativas. Fog has an early african sativa thought to be a durban hybrid crossed with another african.

Just wanted to check on rep

Mulanje Gold from Malberry seeds is the best African strain I have ever worked with and I have grown quite a few, different Africans.
For stability, shear potency, great stacking, chunky buds, fairly easy to manage. In my top 6 favorite strains of all time. you will be high before the pipe leaves your lips,
Comes in at 10 weeks under LED light on 11.5 hour flower cycle.

Attachments

• MULANJE SHORT CUT FL HARVEST 050.jpg
    MULANJE SHORT CUT FL HARVEST 050.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 21
  • MULANJE SHORT CUT FL HARVEST 008.jpg
    MULANJE SHORT CUT FL HARVEST 008.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 16
  • MULANJE SHORT CUT FL HARVEST 055.jpg
    MULANJE SHORT CUT FL HARVEST 055.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 20

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Dude i would go with ace, the congo panama selections were not about when i was looking, so i made my own with punta rosa and deep congo, its pretty much as you describe but if im honest it needs work and some real selection. The odd random bean and the most drought resistant from a seed run were very nld lol.. woody and a bit hempy. Havent found any 5%ers but im thinking about making S1.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran

Looks like it will re veg if you look at it funny, dont give up hope just yet.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Ill add tropicals old congo aka congo pn x ot1 haze to the line up fitting your description, but again that is african and south american purple colombian combo.

thejact55

Awesome plant. Will have to google varanasi, not familiar with that place.
Edit- just googled it. So you collected them yourself? Are you making more seeds from your stock? You should...

Latest posts

Latest posts